Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really don't jive with column themes; I've noticed they're all sort of dark colored, as well. It makes it hard to read and comprehend from just an onlookers perspective. 

spacer.png

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One I've been seeing lately is super tiny text. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe it's the fact that I tend to browse on my far monitor... But I don't get why you'd make the text super tiny and difficult t

I personally hate toggle chat boxes and sidebars that are floating over the forum itself and the boards. It's far too cluttery and messy and ugh. Just stop guys. I don't want to have to close lots of

Ugh yesssss. So you blindly click around hoping you're in the general vicinity of where its at, but they also have that weird huge font so the box is actually somewhere floating in the middle of the l

Guest burningbridges19

Minimalistic skins. Don't get me wrong, I love a good high contrast skin as much as anyone, but if it's just black and white and isn't aesthetically pleasing and/or doesn't fit the site theme, I am not interested in the site itself.

• 2 weeks later...

For me its a toss up between having a cbox thats not minimizable/able to be hidden, and when a site doesn't have a simplified mobile interface. I'm on my phone half the time and when it gets large my phone gets janky and I can't read or post anything.  As for the cbox thing, I don't ever use them, and I hardly find a site that actively uses the forum chat, instead insisting on discord anyways. WHy have it there, messing up the view and the aesthetic if you won't even use it?

• 3 weeks later...

More than one gif being required to fill out my character's profile/overly complicated main profiles and mini profiles generally. 

Edited by akakios

4rlXnvM.png

Maudlin
A Post-War Marauders AU, 1985

^This! As someone who uses super obscure FCs, some of which who don't even have gifs unless I make them, any sites that require them or more than like 3 or 4 images in general are a hard pass.

To add onto the image thing, skins where, if I use an image that's the wrong size, everything will break or the aspect ratio of the images gets warped. Specifying dimensions and sticking an 'object-fit: cover;' in the CSS isn't hard. You've already got all sorts of filters and hovers on your images (in most cases), so why not save yourself and your members a whole lot of headache and include 6 words.

• Like 1

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

• 2 weeks later...

Giant headers are a no-go for me. I'll AdBlock your header banner if it's giant and I have to scroll by it every time! It feels like such a case of aesthetics over practicality. That pretty image will blur into the background in time, but scrolling a screen's worth to get past it will have to happen every time.

• Preach it! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

When I can’t read the mobile version. 😢 

Reality is an illusion. 

WAB-SKINNYBAN.png

bcpkmnlong.png

Been seeing a lot of skins with micro sidebars in addition to large pictures that take up the whole screen, where you have to scroll down a way before you get to the actual board. It's a hunt to find the scroll and then it seems a pain to have to scroll to the boards you want because each row is so huge and it loads slowly. This personally drives me nuts.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

fk7Ie1P.png

This side of darkness...your story might just be beginning.

Welcome to Cedar Falls

image.png.095e0e3b95efaed300c4eb6ead5d1465.png  

Tiny tiny fonts. I'm partly blind enough without turning the zoom on my computer up to 300 just to read replies to threads or basic site information.

spacer.png

Giant banners. If I have to scroll at ALL to see your content, the banner is too big. Also banners with names I can't click on to get back to the home page, who designed this? So awful. ALSO tiny little fonts or overly flowery fonts. If I have to struggle to read your titles I'm out. Or massive, cluttered sidebars and footers. If the site doesn't look pretty clean, easy to navigate, and easy to decipher as a complete newbie, I will lose my mind.

Give me a dark skin option, give me my words to read, and let it be that simple.

adorable lion GIF

9 hours ago, Fao said:

Giant banners. If I have to scroll at ALL to see your content, the banner is too big. Also banners with names I can't click on to get back to the home page, who designed this? So awful. 

The giant banner trend is getting worse and worse imo, and I cannot wrap my head around it. So often they are solely decorational, too. It has reached the point where I either overwrite the css with a browser extension or then just forget about the site.