Favorite Skin Trends

Morrigan

I've loved this since it first appeared, but the color schemes of miniprofiles and whatnot changing to match a user's membergroup. I just find it so snazzy, satisfying, and convenient to see what group someone is in at a glance.

giphy.gif

• 1 month later...

The detail thrown into profiles lately has piqued my interest! A satisfying palette is also good for the eye.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:23 PM, katherineespair said:

(many of these 'likes' are on my site and i've got this warm fuzzy feeling. hehe.)

A trend that I'm a little crazy about, and do not have on my site, is the character picture on the floating bar above the site where the login etc are.  (does that make sense?) It brings me back to .. what was it? Acornrack? Avidgamers? When they would have your avatar picture in the sidebar? Welcome  NAME. 

Maybe it's nostalgia. I'm just sort of drooling over it and wishing I could do that. 

I like that too.

I generally prefer very simple skins, usually with the basic forum layout. Anything with something more complicated to navigate than that just becomes a chore to use. I generally prefer dark skins with lighter text, and I generally find bright skins to be practically blinding.

• 6 months later...

Guidebooks. I just learned these were a thing not long ago and I love them. They’re so crisp and usually concise. Everything neatly organized in one place. As a person who does a lot of original concepts, these are super nifty and I look forward to using one in the future.

• 2 years later...

Any administrator who have used a contrast checker. Honestly. Love. Thank you.

Right now I'm very into pretty pastels in a theme (but obviously depends on the plot of the theme). 

spacer.png 

Link

• 7 months later...

I love the minimalist skin, statement piece banner thing a lot of sites seem to have going on. Even if I have to scroll down to get to the content, that's fine! The banner's lovely. 

I'm loving that skins are now taking accessibility in consideration. A large chunk of the RP world is getting much older now and having to read tiny font that is grey on a black background... I just can't. Seeing larger fonts now, with even on site tabs to change things per-member is amazing!

Initiative.png.a7d5feeb090cdb7d78d7bddf1e3f65f5.png

Guidebooks & Light/Dark mode toggles!

Guidebooks are just such a nice, concise, and wonderful way to access all the information about a site. I fell in love with them from the moment I first used them.

Light/Dark mode toggles are just great for accessibility. I've always been more of a dark mode fan, but I know a lot of people who prefer to have light mode, so it's nice to have the option to switch between them just one click away upon preference, with it still being the same lovely site skin. 

spacer.png