What do you do when life gets you down?

Morrigan

It varies. There are times when it's music. Other times posting/writing. Angry? Clean the house from top to bottom. Sad (been the recent one with the loss of a kitteh) it's usually take myself to some place I like to eat, listen to music, and get completely lost in writing. I also crochet so there's that while binging something. The last bastion is mindless games until I'm ready to sleep.

• Agree 1

spacer.pngDecadence

• 2 weeks later...

I try to be obnoxiously chipper, but even then sometimes the sadness creeps in intrusively and I just gotta try harder. orz

I've found during the times when I'm really unwell and feel out sorts or control, writing out all of my thoughts (no matter how crazy or incoherent they are) down in a private place really helps. I've taken to the samsung notes app on my phone because no one touches my phone. Sometimes I also peruse through endless articles about this and that and write about those as well.  Swimming and just being in the water also really helps, too.

• Agree 1

I've recently discovered the world of ASMR and it's helped me brilliantly.

K2ZBEYF.png

• 2 months later...

These days? I just sleep. It's like fast forwarding through the boring and empty parts of life.

Reality is an illusion. 

• 4 weeks later...

Music, writing, sometimes binge watching netflix, and video gamessss.  If I get really really off, I can't write though.  The best thing though seems to be going for walks.  I am a lot happier in general if I do that every day.

royals_rebels.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Music and watching films I love are the easiest but I tend to turn to those while doing something else that doesn't take much thought for me. I buy Fill-In puzzles and only tend to solve them when I'm stressed or I'll crochet. When my grandfather passed a couple years ago, I crocheted a huge rectangle over the course of a few days while I binge watched Jane Austen films. It's weird but it helps me cope.

• 1 month later...

Roleplay is my go to when I'm feeling down. It just is so relaxing to get out of my own head and forget about my own issues, especially when I get to write with one of my closest friends.