What do you do when life gets you down?

Morrigan

I zone out and play Skyrim.

Taking daily walks helps keep me from getting there too often, though. I have a 50 minute walk to school and a 50 minute walk home from school, and in that time I lip sync to music and dance all the way. Does wonders.

Any sort of sport. Like I'll play basketball or even do some kickboxing or whatever and they're perfect distractions. 

• I read this! 1

img

tumblr_opnrb7WTiz1tdfsf6o5_r1_500.gif

I find a good friend and rant. There is nothing like a good rant, where you get to voice your feelings and frustrations to someone. 

If I can't do that then I play an rpg game where I can work my frustration out through killing mobs

• I read this! 3

sig.png

I either watch Steven Universe or watch Gordan Ramsey yell at people. 

Or listen to music, usually the Life is Strange soundtrack.

• I read this! 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

...Drink, to be perfectly honest. Not like, to the point of being vaguely alcoholic, but enough that I do know my way comfortably around the local liquor store. My career happens to be one of high emotional stress and insane "Burn-Out" risk, so when I can't RP or have time for another creative outlet, I pour myself a nice drink.

Edited by CovertSphinx
  • Agree 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Bubble baths (particularly those including a gorgeous Lush bath bomb) are always a lovely thing.  Other than that, I find getting lost in writing, games or some of my favourite films can help.  And being out in nature.  A long walk at the beach or through the woods (or both) helps me feel more grounded and at peace.  Same goes for yoga.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

aff.png affiliate.png

Ever wanted to explore Middle-earth?  Check out these wanted canons.

What about Attack on Titan?  Go here!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, when life gets me down I suck it up and get back to it....no in all honesty I read a couple of books to take my mind off of things to relax.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Lately I've found a new method to cheer myself up, whenever I feel in need of a good chuckle I just look at this gif. 

tumblr_ntmvnlAKNY1uehburo2_400.gif

Matt Mercer is a god among men

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 2

sig.png

• 3 months later...

Ahhh the dreaded life getting you down. When I am not feeling good, or when it is just to much I tend to crawl into bed and knock out in hopes that everything will be better in time.

Guest Archaic Cyborg

I play a mind numbing video game where I can't die or otherwise fail.

Or, I watch one of my favourite movies that  needs no thinking, has no annoying characters, an awesome 'gimmick ' or plot twist (depends on the genre)

Cry. Like legitimately just lock myself away and allow myself a good cry. I read somewhere once (I think it was a Cracked article so take it with a whole shaker of salt) that crying was how people got a stress hormone out of their body. idk if it's true or not, but a good cry often works wonders. Then just immerse myself entirely in something that has nothing to do with me. A story-heavy video game, a book, binge a tv show, just get myself entirely out of my own head. Other peoples' problems are so much more interesting and easier to solve than my own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kittenmitten said:

Cry. Like legitimately just lock myself away and allow myself a good cry. I read somewhere once (I think it was a Cracked article so take it with a whole shaker of salt) that crying was how people got a stress hormone out of their body. idk if it's true or not, but a good cry often works wonders. Then just immerse myself entirely in something that has nothing to do with me. A story-heavy video game, a book, binge a tv show, just get myself entirely out of my own head. Other peoples' problems are so much more interesting and easier to solve than my own.

Crying releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy, so it's a legit way to relieve stress or unhappiness.

• Agree 1

I go swimming and I swim like 10 hungry sharks are coming after me, until I'm too tired and then I'm guaranteed a sound night of sleep. Though of course swimming isn't always practical so sometimes I have to settle for turning off all my electronics and just relaxing for a while.

• I read this! 1

promoimg.png 

• 9 months later...

I wish I knew. I can't stop being sad lately. 

Reality is an illusion.