Books? What are you reading? What's your favorite?

Autumn

Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Guest BETA BLUE

Currently Les Miserables 

Candide by Voltaire, for a class. 

I thought it would be hella pretentious but there are some humorous parts.

Reality is an illusion. 

• 1 month later...

I have a couple favorites: After the First Death, Blood and Chocolate, and my newest favorite is Ugly Love.

Currently I'm reading the Matchmaker's Playbook. It's mostly decent lol

• 3 weeks later...

Dawnflight, by Kim Iverseon Headlee. It's about King Arthur and Guenevere, though in a more historical-based setting rather then a fantasy one. l enjoy Arthurian lore and have wanted to get my hands one on a copy for years now. So far I like it!

My favorite books? I'd have to give that one some thought.

x500.jpg

I'm working on finishing up Modern Loss! I actually picked this up by mistake. There's a book with a similar title I needed for a class. This is good and relatable, but I would have rather have picked it up from the library instead of paying for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

All time favourite - Cujo by Stephen King. Just always freaks me out knowing that the story isn't so far fetched... A dog catches rabies and goes on a rampage. Sounds legit. 

• Like 1

Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite book of all time: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. 

Currently reading: Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Edited by Red Robin

I'll hopefully be reading The Royal Descents of 970 Immigrants by genealogist Gary Roberts.  I've been scouring both Dad's and Mum's sides, yet I  can't find a solid connection thus far.

As for my favorite novel, it's  Oliver Twist by author Charles Dickens.  The titular character's personality and background inspire all of my creations.  For me, boys are the easiest to write.

Edited by Jacob

• 2 weeks later...

Favorites are hard to pick so I tend to choose authors instead of books... But I love The Anne of Green Gables series, The Raven Cycle series, and pretty much everything Diana Wynne Jones has written. <3

Currently, however, I'm reading a book on queer theory (an analytical approach to critical reading) because I'm writing an essay using that theory. It's interesting reading. I'm learning things I didn't know before. 

Reality is an illusion. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Lo Fidelity

The Girls of Slender Means by Muriel Spark, because I do like Muriel Spark but mostly I like Muriel Spark's title here. Lo "you CAN judge a book by its fancy title" Fi. After this though, I gotta try Exit Ghost because, yanno, because he died and all? 

The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin, The Broken Earth book 3

I think these are some of the best books I've ever read. Otherwise, my top picks are the Kushiel Legacy books by Jacqueline Carey. Or really, anything by her.

88x31buttondandy.png

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. It was aight. It's about a boy trying to forget he's gay so that the rest of the people in his life can be happy. 

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 years later...

I've read many books and fallen in love with many series. Harry Potter has always been a favorite but currently I'm loving ASOIAF series more. It gives me the complexity and morally grey 'whose good and whose not' that I didn't really get from HP with all the things I also liked. If only it didn't break my heart constantly.