Books? What are you reading? What's your favorite?

Autumn

I am currently reading the third book in the green rider series "The high king's tomb" by Kristen Britain

My current favorite series is the throne of glass series by Sarah J Maas

• I read this! 3

• Admin

I am currently reading lines and lines of code.

My favorite book is The Giver.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Guest Archaic Cyborg

I am in the middle of the third book, Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb.

I havea lot of favourites, for different reasons! The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness for YA; Lord of the Flies; The day of the Triffids for scifi; Stephen King's It for Horror;  Joe Abercrombie's The First Law trilogy for Epic/High Fantasy; aaand.. A few others.

I've just started The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I've had it lying around for years, but I've only now decided to pick it up and I'm wishing I did earlier.

• I read this! 3

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

First off, 'Baptism of Fire' by Andrzej Sapkowski.

Secondly, 'Veni, Vidi, Vici: Everything you wanted to know about the Romans but were too afraid to ask' by Peter Jones. Very interestingly written piece. It basically lists random topics (might be 'cleanliness in Rome' or might be 'Caesar crossing the rubicon') but it explains absolutely everything in a brief manner. The only order it seems to follow is time; the first few chapters detail the early Republic, moving through to the end of the Western Empire. Very interesting, never read anything else like it. If you are interested in history or light reading in a very odd format, this is a great one.

• I read this! 3

I just finished Nefertiri by Michelle Moran - the second or third in a series of Ancient Egypt-based novels.  It's actually a very well written novel, and though it's in first person perspective (which I sometimes struggle with), you really do feel for the characters.  

As for favourite books - I LOVE Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks, a very hard look at WWII, Chocolat, by Joanne Harris, (based in a fictional french town), and I have childhood favourites like Lord of the Rings , and the Chronicles of Narnia (specifically LW,W, the Horse and his Boy, and the Silver Chair.  

I like to read lots of different genres, and am always looking out for new recommendations and such!  I've also read The Lifechanging Magic of Tidying Up by Marie (cannot remember her surname at the moment!), which is an interesting read if nothing else, though should definitely be taken with a pinch of salt!  

• I read this! 3

I am not currently reading anything but I like romance stuff. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorites and I just bought The Choice last weekend, I have not read it yet though.

• I read this! 2

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

Currently on Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. 

My newest favorite is Soundless by Richelle Mead.

• 2 months later...

I just recently read the Wings of Fire series by Tui T Sutherland, and I really enjoyed them! They're dragon books - humans play a very small role in the book and are just referred to as 'scavengers.' There are still three forth-coming books in the series. They're a very light read but truly wonderful characters to get into!

I've also slowly been working my way through the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel. Currently on 'The Plains of Passage.' Very slow read, super detail dense.

Additionally, I'm working on "Stallion Challenges" by Kelly Wilson, which is the author's second book about her and her sisters' work with wild Kaimanawa horses in New Zealand. 

• I read this! 2

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

@Castle - I just picked the first one up in Wings of Fire! Feel free to skip the final one in Earth's Children. It's literally the worst book I've ever read. (Land of Painted Caves.) Otherwise, I reread that series fairly often. They're enjoyable! Plains is super slow, though.

I started The Summer Dragon by Todd Lockwood the other day. His first book and it's, thus far, really good. I also tore through The Selection until The Heir, which I'll probably read next. Corny YA romance, but I enjoyed them. And now have a weird desire for an arranged marriage RP...

• I read this! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished The Summer Dragon - Totally recommend it, by the way.

Starting the second Temeraire book soon. I'm currently 3 books ahead of schedule. Go me! (Goodreads reading challenges are a terrible/wonderful thing.)

• I read this! 2

I just finished reading the Silent Wife. It was really well written, but very slow. The only thing that kept me going was the hook at the first chapter... and having to finish the book to know what happened. Overall 3/5 for me.

I just started reading Pure by Julianna Baggott. It's so weird and strange and I'm really enjoying it so far. 

• I read this! 1

Earth's Children is one of my favourite series, too, but I don't know what happened with the last two books in it. I don't like either of them. Bad editing, perhaps? I find it difficult to find books I like these days, so I end up re-reading old favourites when I am in the mood for reading.