Books? What are you reading? What's your favorite?

Autumn

I dunno if fanfiction counts as reading a book but the one I'm currently reading- Children, Wake Up- is just wonderfully written. I have what's called aphantasia- I can't create mental images and don't have an "imagination" in the sense that most people do, so reading for me isn't about being able to form a picture but actually being able to enjoy the act of reading itself. It doesn't happen often, and rarely do I catch myself admiring word choice and things like that.

BUT GOSH DARNIT, that fic is such a pleasure to read for precisely that reason. It's a true pleasure to read, the subject matter aside. I wish this person wrote actual novels I could hold in my hands.

UGH THIS WRITER.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-reading Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. That guy is amazing, his lore building, world building, character building all top notch. And the fact that he uses so little time to come out with a new book essentially having a couple of series and each yeah coming out with different books is insane.

I just finished a book called Kissing Father Christmas yesterday and the author is Robin Jones Gunn.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

Rereading Kings Rising by CS Pacat. The series falls under the "Your fave is problematic" umbrella. But damn I love reading about the political machinations and the battles.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 3 weeks later...

Over my break I read Star Wars: Catalyst and the novelization for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I recommend neither.

I'm starting to read Live by Night by Dennis Lehane and American Gods (translated to Swedish) by Neil Gaiman.

• I read this! 1

Currently reading the Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas while between books of the Dead Witch Walking and the Seeker of Truth series. The dialect is "interesting": I can't remember I had to focus/struggle this hard to read a book. But, it's slowing me down more, and I'm enjoying it more. It's a very nice change of pace from my typical novellas.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sparky Muse, Oh man, I have been meaning to read the Three Musketeers for forever.  How's it going so far?  Pretty good other than the different writing style?

I just finished reading the second book in Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy, "Royal Assassin".  These are the best books I have read in awhile, I'd been meaning to read them, but whenever I went to get them from the library, they were always checked out.  Now I am dying to read the last in the trilogy.  

*Runs off to request the next book*

• I read this! 1

Ivyclan Forever ♦ The Fandom Gathering

Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

Currently reading the Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (I can't believe I haven't read it before), and Traitors Moon by Lynn Fleweling which is the third in the Nightrunner series. I'm really enjoying both of these books

• Love 1

sig.png

@Freya  Oh my gosh, loveee the Gentlemen Bastard series!  I've been dying for the next one to be released, I think it's set for April right now, (hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again!).  I will have to go back and read them all again as prep for the new one!  XD

I've been reading mainly Fantasy for the past bit, but I recently picked up a detective novel set in the early 1900s, can't remember the name atm and I don't have the book on hand.  I've been enjoying it so far, it's got some pretty good action scenes!  I'll let you guys know the title when I have it with me.

Ivyclan Forever ♦ The Fandom Gathering

• 4 months later...

I don't play video games and don't have a specific favorite book but I'm partial to the Kate Daniels books, Nalini Singh's Guildhunter books and Patricia Briggs books. Currently starting over the Wheel of Time series and Sword of Truth series. 

I am getting back in to the vibe of being a voracious reader. My problem the last couple of years in dealing with chronic pain, fibromyalgia, depression, and anxiety is that all of these together have jacked up my concentration when it comes to small book print. Don't ask me how I could read an RP board all day, but a book?  It's very odd. Happily, now that it is coming back to me?

Currently Reading - The Twilight Zone, Short Story Collection

Finished Reading - Everything, Everything

Next Pit Stop -- Comic Con is coming up, and it is ARC central out there, so I'll have far too many to choose from x.x

NewSig.png
Welcome to the City of Destiny

Wedding Season 1797
Forming Families Among the Rumors and the Joy
Will you ally for love or money, business or pleasure, peace or war?