Books? What are you reading? What's your favorite?

Autumn

Currently reading the Republic of Thieves. It's awesome, and I'm practically devouring the book. I simply adore the Gentlemen Bastards series 💖

sig.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently in the middle of Restaurant at the end of the Universe by Douglas Adams. Although I did put it aside to read Christine Feehan's Power Game. I am trying to work my way thought the the Hitchhiker collection that I bought. I have American Gods  up after it, but I know once I get Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dragonsworn, I'll be putting others aside for the day it takes to read that.

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I'm in the middle of a series called the Darkhunters and omg I love it to death <3 It's considered mature though for anyone who's thinking about looking it up xD It's great though because I love fantasy and it combines some great mythology into it that really is just great <3 <3 <3

jak_sig_2sec_by_accenlia-dbcyqh8.gif

Not all things last... Some thrive in the fire while others die
Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3

Over my vacation, I read The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson, and it was a very fun read.

Now, I'm reading How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. I'm. Devouring. It.

The Black Jewels again

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

I'm re-reading some books I read when I was younger for nostalgia reasons. I'm on the third book of Michael Stackpole's X-Wing series, The Krytos Trap, and it is my least favourite of all the X-Wing books. My favorites of the whole series are those by Aaron Allston, he's funnier. 

Earlier I tried rereading The Sword of Truth books for the same nostalgia reasons and almost gouged my eyes out.

All time favourite though? First Casualty by Ben Elton.

Edited by Indy

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

At the moment I am reading/re-reading the Tamora Piece books in relation to Tortall. Well written albeit for younger readers but the stories remain engaging.

I've always enjoyed the author, David Gemmell (sadly deceased), he had the rare talent of creating worlds with interesting and often flawed but dynamic characters that swiftly matter and also bring you into the world for all the ups and down over the course of the adventure. So, not so much a favourite book as I consistently re-read them often.

The same applies to Frank Herbert; while most have heard about Dune, I also loved his Pandora series (actually inspired parts of the film Avatar) as well as 'The Godmakers' and the 'Eyes of Hesienberg' one about the role of psychics and evolution and the other touching on genetic engineering, both are fantastically well written and considerate books. In fact, the Pandora books also explore divinity as well as the evolving artificial intelligence - all amazing when you consider these were written in the fifties and sixties for the most part.

Earth's Children is one I reread often; I was hugely excited and then equally as disappointed when the Shelters of Stone was released. I managed to read it but honestly I didn't enjoy the experience and wouldn't recommend reading past the Plains of Passage at all. Other than that, I enjoyed all of her books; the Clan of the Cave Bear was even made into a rather bad/almost good b-movie starring Daryl Hannah.

I thoroughly LOVED 'If I pay thee not in gold' but then I've always enjoyed the world of Xanth, as well as the Adept series along with several others written by Piers Anthony as well. I've read some of the Heralds books by Mercedes and also the Elvenbane with Andre Norton as well. It's often the case with me that one book/author will lead to another one. At least in respect of many of my early choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Salem's Lot currently at the moment. I want to read Dark Tower after that.

• 4 weeks later...

Favorite book would probably be Pillar of the Earth.. As for books I am looking forward to, I'm going to finally get to reading the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series :D Heard they were awesome.

LBkExz.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Currently reading the first book of the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series, never got around to reading it so I bought the whole series. :D

LBkExz.jpg

Technically am still reading The Horse Whisperer because I haven't touched it since August.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BETA BLUE

I'm reading Lost World. I simply adore that book.  I tried getting into Girl On a Train but I couldn't get into it. 

I just finished rereading King's Thinner; planning to start one I never read before, Cujo. xD