What popular things do you hate?

Varos

Just now, txernest said:

@Death Kitten; EXCELLENT. I will put it on my Amazon so next time I shop I'll buy it!

And lol, that seems to be the case with a lot of book/comic-to-screen adaptations. 

My first nerd rage was watching The Lost World. I read Jurassic Park and Lost World after seeing the first Jurassic Park movie, and was so excited for the movie... And I remember just being so livid at the changes they made, and how the plot of the movie just pretty much ignored the book from half way through. I actually haven't gone back to anything in the franchise since then, even with all the love the recent Jurassic World received.

• I read this! 3

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• 5 months later...

I think at this point it's weird to not dislike Twilight, @Gothams Reckoning. That and 50 Shades. Hating them is "in" because they suck. So badly. Ohmygod I just made myself angry again hoW ARE THE TWO OF YOU PUBLISHED AUTHORS?!

Another popular thing that I hate: Pride & Prejudice. I could never get into that or other classic romances of similar era, like Jane Eyre. Um let's see. I HATE SO MUCH AND YET I CAN NEVER THINK OF THEM TO PUT THEM INTO WORDS.

Okay.

Leonardo DiCaprio is an overrated actor.

So is Javier Bardem. 

And Josh Brolin.

Batman and Superman are overrated characters, but their villains give me liiiiiife. In general I'm not a huge DC fan.

I actually asked a friend for help coming up with things I hate and her response was "everything" sooooo... that was helpful. XD

Find me on:

Mortal Ends   x5d17s.jpg
{Erin}   {Little Bird}

Coffee. Everyone seems to drink coffee, but I don't like it. At all.

Give me tea, or give me death.

Though I'll still joke about throwing a tea party by throwing it into that harbor if any Brits are around...

>.>

<.<

^^;

• I read this! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2016 at 10:15 AM, txernest said:

I think at this point it's weird to not dislike Twilight, @Gothams Reckoning. That and 50 Shades. Hating them is "in" because they suck. So badly. Ohmygod I just made myself angry again hoW ARE THE TWO OF YOU PUBLISHED AUTHORS?!

I dislike it too, but I don't consider the over-the-top haters to be any better then the goofy fans. Like, are the books so offensive that these people need to steal them from stores and burn them? Or publicly terrorize people for liking them? Also, I know this very weird, unpleasant girl from my writing forum who was a member of the Twilight Sucks forum who would try to justify all the immature behavior while at the same time getting pissy at me and my friend for the crime of... laughing at bad fanfic reviews.

MLP: The FiM incarnation. At best it's okay? And not even that half the time. I genuinely don't get the people who say it's changed their lives or it's the greatest cartoon or TV series to exist.

90s cartoons nostalgia. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to judge cartoons on an individual basis, not because of the era they came from. I get that it all comes down to personal tastes,  but IMHO a number of 90s cartoons are bad,  just like how there are bad cartoons now. *shrug*

While we're on this topic, there are certain characters out there that I'm really sick and tired of because of their horrible fanbases. Nick Wilde, Scar, Princess Sally Acorn, some others I won't name because people probably won't know what I'm talking about. In fact, can I just say that just about all the Sonic The Hedgehog characters and the comics and shows themselves are very poorly written?

Tumblr. ... *flees*

Edited by Sketchy Unicorn
  • Like 1
  • Preach it! 1

I, too, hate Tumblr. 

• Agree 1

Reality is an illusion. 

It's nice not to be a lone voice here. =D The whole thing's  just... ugh to me. On top of the annoying users, I hate the organization, how the search is set up, and the awkwardness of the "commenting" system (if one can even call it that) is. I enjoy talking to others and picking their minds, but Tumblr is not the place for that. IMHO, of course.

To this day I still don't understand how you're supposed to RP over there.

• Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

Beer.  I have no idea what's so good about it.

Shady McShaderson

• 4 weeks later...

I also find beer totally disgusting.

Aaand Cara Delevigne has a punchable face to me.  I hate when people use her for their face claim.  

• Cheers 1

royals_rebels.gif

Once Upon a Time I watched the first season just fine but after that, it gets too convoluted and ridiculous for me to watch. I don't even know if it's still running anymore.

Pumpkin Spice Coffee It just tastes like burnt pumpkin. Gross.

Twilight. VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE! Coke...Dr. Pepper is life and no Mr. Pibb won't work. People, like grown, little kids are fine, touching me with their feet. I Don't Know Why!  And being too cold or too hot. Top Gun, yes the movie.

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories