DESTINY: Who's with me?!

AKNyx

Now, I know that there is a thread on here for gaming tags specifically, but I wanted to know if there were any members on here that actively play "DESTINY" on the PS4! I've been on a roll with this and, most of what I have left is better done with fireteams of friends instead of allowing randoms to either make or break a mission for exotics and whatnot.

And, if I'm honest, playing with friends is far more amusing to me than not...which is why I get bored on games like Fall Out and such.

So! Anyone who has the game that'd be willing to play with me? Or anyone who's considering getting the game who'd like some help getting through it?

Lemme know!

• I read this! 1

I went half in on it with my sibling back when it came out. But since then I haven't been able to get near it very much. (I mean they play a TON and it's usually when I'm home... so it's not like I can use the disc.) I haven't experienced any of the Taken King stuff. (I played some Dark Below and almost no House of Wolves.)

But given that Destiny: The Taken King is up on PS+ for a discount or about 40% off (until March 1st)... I'll be picking a copy up for myself tomorrow. I think I've posted my PSN ID in the other topic, but in case not it's Viruszero. 

I'd love to actually have people to play with again since it is more fun that way.

EDIT - I've picked up a copy now. I'd add you, but I don't see your PSN ID here or on the Gamertag topic....

Edited by VirusZero
  • I read this! 1
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• 8 months later...

I loved Destiny but haven't played it for a while. I have the Taken King DLC, but now there's Lords of Iron out or something like that? Is the game unplayable if you don't have that DLC?

You can still play the game without Rise of Iron... but there are some things which aren't accessible. Like the new raid/strike, story missions, the kill confirmed game mode (I know that's what it was called in Call of Duty, can't remember what it's name in Destiny is... idea is kill enemy and collect their icon to prove kill. Pick up your own team's icons to deny enemies the points.)

Most of the old stuff is there in some form or another. Offhand I think you can still get some gear from the newer content because they upped the light level on some things from old expansions. (Sadly a lot of the older gear is nerfed into oblivion. I really miss having the Ice Breaker do decent damage. And now that everyone has a Gjallahorn it's not really special anymore. )

• I read this! 1
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."