What do you see too much of? What do you see not enough of?

Rune

On the "females" aspect.... A ton of Classic Femme Fatales and "sweet but naive girl next door" with very little gals in between those two ends of the spectrum.

• I read this! 5

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

People who never make chars older than 30 years old because, and quoting, "ew". 

??? I didnt know you died at 30 lol. Plus, it's a roleplay, we all know the site probably wont be open for 30 years in order for your character to actually get old or something, and we all know the average roleplayer leaves a site eventually, they wont stay there even if it dies or something.

So meanwhile roleplays such as, lets say, real life (not highschool) are spammed with teens and the only character over 26 years old is frowned upon. >.< Why??

• I read this! 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2016 at 0:26 AM, Morrigan said:

The straight man turned gay. I feel awful saying it but it really does aggravate me a bit. >_<

I did this once, but I was also sleep depping big time and didn't even realize it until the next day. He didn't actually sleep with a man, but he was super exuberant about everything 

• I read this! 3

Chief of Security 

USS Joshua Norton

poke_clash.png

Hmm damsels in distress.  We all want to play one of those at one time, lets be real, but there can't be THAT many.  I don't see enough crude, vulgar, or villainous characters.  Everyone wants their characters to be the good guy but we need the bad ones as well :)  Also, I will say there are a few times I have seen WAYYY too many 'cannibal' wolves on some wolf sites. 

• I read this! 5

Reign Over Me

Medieval Human RPG/Proboards

Plenty of Noble positions available and plot driven!

N0Qhnsj.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

button4_zpsyb53wxeh.png

Canis

Wolf RPG Set 16000 years in the past

Too many cannibal/vampire type characters. Too many extremely violent characters without anything to back up WHY they're that way. Too many RPers who let their personal opinion of a player bleed into how their characters feel about the other's characters. Not enough friendly and welcoming staff members on large-scale RPs. Not enough bad guys who are truly and thoroughly bad, rather than bending their personality to gain a level of power.

• I read this! 8

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

On 4/22/2016 at 7:37 PM, CovertSphinx said:

On the "females" aspect.... A ton of Classic Femme Fatales and "sweet but naive girl next door" with very little gals in between those two ends of the spectrum.

This was basically mine :D I have seen too many characters one after another that are all the same and there are only so many places in the plot for that niche! The sweet, naive girl next door can have a secret addiction. The Femme Fatale can wear fuzzy pj's. Just give them some personality that makes them unique and gives them someplace to go.

20 hours ago, Rune said:

Lesbians.

Lesbians are the unicorns of the RP world in my opinion. (Though, MMOs seem to be the exception to the rule here.)

Yes, please. More lesbians. I'm guilty of this myself now though...  I do have a bisexual girl that is in a relationship with a woman but I just had to cut back on characters for my own sanity. It's extremely strange for me to have more straight girls than not straight... *eyes her characters dubiously* What happened to you!?

As for what I want more of, diversity is nice. I'd like to see people try things out of their comfort zone. If you only play girls, try and guy and visa versa. If you only play good girls, make a bad girl. It's how we grow as writers to try something new.

Edit: And more curvy girls ;)

Edited by peggy carter
  • I read this! 5

I think what I see too much of are individuals who are looking to write just sexual/love relationships (mental masturbation is my term for this) and not enough players who write for story.

Admittedly, there have been occasions where I have just wanted to write some good old-fashioned smut, but I go to smut sites for that, not forums that are specifically for story building. 

I also agree, there need to be more curvy girls, as well as more actual villains and less fluffy bunny.

• I read this! 4

lUFoyzv.png

Home ● Plot ● Advertise

I stick primarily to Superhero RP's as of late.

Lately I've seen an influx of people wanting to play something that can, and will, be able to defeat half the 'heroes' on the board. It's like, nah. Dude. Play the little guy. There's never enough of the little guys on a super board.

I mean, I'm happy to get an awesome original villain on a site, but not when they can practically just rip the canon's limb from limb if they wanted to and nothing can beat them. Nah. Let's work on some balance darling.

• I read this! 7

LAMSig.png.4a4090b379562b2600cc05eefdbfa826.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2016 at 2:03 AM, Rune said:

I have a vampire that not only plays tabletop games, RPs in MMOs and on the odd forum. He's tons of fun. And has had to explain RP to more than one person... Which is me RPing someone that RPs explaining RP in RP... To someone that RPs... 

I enjoy that all these differ wildly based on our respective genres.

This made my day haha. I definitely need to create a character who RPs now. This is happening.

On 4/27/2016 at 0:07 PM, K said:

People who never make chars older than 30 years old because, and quoting, "ew". 

??? I didnt know you died at 30 lol. Plus, it's a roleplay, we all know the site probably wont be open for 30 years in order for your character to actually get old or something, and we all know the average roleplayer leaves a site eventually, they wont stay there even if it dies or something.

So meanwhile roleplays such as, lets say, real life (not highschool) are spammed with teens and the only character over 26 years old is frowned upon. >.< Why??

I was literally whining about this yesterday to my friend! There was this site that had some really cool lore, I was really interested in joining... and only 5% of the characters on the site were over the age of 30 (yes I did obsessively go through 95 profiles because I'm a completely normal person I swear). Total turn off for me. I mean, what the hell is my 70 year old alcoholic weaponsmith going to do with a bunch of 20 year olds? She's batshit enough as it is!

On 5/11/2016 at 11:43 PM, Rune said:

Lesbians.

Lesbians are the unicorns of the RP world in my opinion. (Though, MMOs seem to be the exception to the rule here.)

A thousand times yes! I basically play the only lesbian in Chicago on my site lol. We have everything else on the LGBT+ spectrum, but ONE lesbian lol. Sad life for my poor girl XD

• I read this! 4

On 18-5-2016 at 10:52 AM, mellomeme said:

I stick primarily to Superhero RP's as of late.

Lately I've seen an influx of people wanting to play something that can, and will, be able to defeat half the 'heroes' on the board. It's like, nah. Dude. Play the little guy. There's never enough of the little guys on a super board.

I mean, I'm happy to get an awesome original villain on a site, but not when they can practically just rip the canon's limb from limb if they wanted to and nothing can beat them. Nah. Let's work on some balance darling.

This so much, it is something I noticed on my super hero rp as well and have in the past. While I have a love for some canons I would love to have more little guys and I have some awesome ideas for storylines for them as well if people were interested.

• I read this! 2

What do I see too much of? Slytherins who hate being in Slytherin, love Muggles and have no Slytherin characteristics whatsoever aside from inexplicably wearing green and silver school ties. Now, I readily agree that not every Slytherin is evil. Probably not even most of them. It is possible to be ambitious without being evil and one can be cunning with no need to cause bodily harm to anyone, let alone anyone deemed inferior. The mirror image of this, something I see far too little of is the non-Slytherin character who *Is* evil. What I'd give to see that Hufflepuff express unswerving loyalty to his/her friends. Death Eaters. Or a Ravenclaw tempted by the pursuit of knowledge into a very dark place. Or a Gryffindor whose desire for adventure lands him/her among questionable friends who commit even more questionable deeds all in the name of 'fun.'

• I read this! 4

I'd like to see more older women. 

• I read this! 5

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Vehk said:

I'd like to see more older women. 

As I'm curious how old?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

As I'm curious how old?

Probably 40+, though at times it seems like I'm barely running into any female characters over 30, let alone older than that.

• I read this! 3