What do you see too much of? What do you see not enough of?

Rune

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Death Kitten said:

I lock that down in my sim too, because I'm a meanie. Joined Trill are a limited option that requires command team approval.

This is more appropriate for another topic but that's actually kind of funny as Dax was breaking down the walls of joined trills so by all means IMHO I think they would have started to let more joined trills through after stringent psych evals.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

11 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

This is more appropriate for another topic but that's actually kind of funny as Dax was breaking down the walls of joined trills so by all means IMHO I think they would have started to let more joined trills through after stringent psych evals.

The reason I did it was actually more related to this topic than the canon issue. The fleet I had been in before starting my sim, you couldn't turn around without hitting a joined Trill or three, and no one ever ever played an unjoined trill. Which means while you're right about Dax breaking some of the symbiosis commission's stranglehold on the symbionts, you still shouldn't have ended up with enough for every ship in the fleet to have one or more.

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Death Kitten said:

The reason I did it was actually more related to this topic than the canon issue. The fleet I had been in before starting my sim, you couldn't turn around without hitting a joined Trill or three, and no one ever ever played an unjoined trill. Which means while you're right about Dax breaking some of the symbiosis commission's stranglehold on the symbionts, you still shouldn't have ended up with enough for every ship in the fleet to have one or more.

Well there is technically enough symbionts for every trill and then some. ;) I totes understand that though.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

Too much: 

Canons whose players have altered their personalities from the source material to make them more palatable. No, no, that character is a canon-jackass and we love/loathe him for it, please don't make him otherwise!

Not Enough: 

Original characters whose personalities are well-rounded and who have viable strengths and weaknesses. I literally adore original characters, but it makes me sad every time I have to pend someone's OC's app because they fell sort of our requirements regarding personality and strengths + weaknesses

• I read this! 1

• 1 month later...

You know, I feel like there is never enough Villains. Everybody always wants to play the good guys but what about the bad guys? They need their love too right? So in a sense, I'm tired of seeing goody toe shoes. 

• I read this! 2

On 8/15/2016 at 4:23 PM, Poison said:

You know, I feel like there is never enough Villains. Everybody always wants to play the good guys but what about the bad guys? They need their love too right? So in a sense, I'm tired of seeing goody toe shoes. 

This, this, this! I play three different characters on my GOT/ASOIAF board and my most favorite is Cersei Lannister. I don't know what it is, but the muse comes so easily for "villains."

• I read this! 2

PuW4FhW.jpg
INDEX • PLOT  •  CANON LIST  • WANTED ADS

On 4/14/2016 at 7:16 PM, Morrigan said:

My boyfriend calls them the Bruce Wayne's.

I feel like I don't see enough roleplayers. I mean you'd think out of all the sites that I've ever seen/played on, that one character would be a roleplayer.

one of my route trainers right now RPs to practice her English. she's French (or Kalosian, as they're called ICly).  she named her starter after her favorite character.

anyway most responses to this i'd have are probably sarcastic comments about "play more lesbians pls" but really i don't see enough butch characters, and i feel part of that is because a lot of people seem to think that being a butch is bad. like i've had straight men tell me not to call my own character a butch because it was a stereotype, and ftr i am a butch lesbian soooooo......... yeah.... i can see why some people get a little dicey about that, but idk. i'd like more respectful representation of GNC women who also happen to be gay/bi/pan and not turned straight for "LOL SUBVERSION!" nonsense.

• I read this! 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 4:23 PM, Poison said:

I was on a board with too many villains once. It was funny at first but then our true neutrals had to become "good guys" to balance things a little bit.

• I read this! 3

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

People who come to my site to play Goa'uld automatically thinking it gives them licence to attack Earth; plus creating those characters that are so over the top its ridiculous

Not enough people wanting to create just regular military personnel, everyone wants to be a Captain or a Major. Of all the NCO's I have, I think we're at a point where there are more chiefs than indians. I have to make NCO NPC's just to balance stuff out. *facepalm*

• I read this! 1

On 4/27/2016 at 0:07 PM, K said:

People who never make chars older than 30 years old because, and quoting, "ew". 

??? I didnt know you died at 30 lol. Plus, it's a roleplay, we all know the site probably wont be open for 30 years in order for your character to actually get old or something, and we all know the average roleplayer leaves a site eventually, they wont stay there even if it dies or something.

So meanwhile roleplays such as, lets say, real life (not highschool) are spammed with teens and the only character over 26 years old is frowned upon. >.< Why??

I actually had this issue with myself after realizing my pattern of making younger characters and started shifting towards making much older characters, realized I loved the hell out of it. When I was getting ready to make a char in his 60s, I got this reaction: "*eye roll* Who even plays old people? What kind of plot is he gonna get?" My mental reaction was, are you kidding me? Are you that creatively stunted on how older people can get great storylines? Eff off. So, I vouch for this, @K! People shouldn't be afraid to play older ages. I am currently playing a really hot stuff on a batman/gargoyles crossover site, who is in his 40s, and he makes me so happy.

I want to see more of .... A well-developed ice queen, Kaylee-types from Firefly, crazy women (not Harley Quinn types but more Dru from Buffy type), and all of those as males as well!

I want to see less of .... Characters used as plot device only with no real personal development, gay men written only for smutting (no actual romance or development outside of this).

• I read this! 3

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

I would love to see more people making what they really want. Who cares if they are gay and smutting or strait and smutting. If they are a female pirate or a male courtesan.

I just want to see more people making and creating what they love and write whatever makes them happy!

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• 4 years later...
On 10/2/2016 at 8:20 PM, Bishop said:

I would love to see more people making what they really want. Who cares if they are gay and smutting or strait and smutting. If they are a female pirate or a male courtesan.

I just want to see more people making and creating what they love and write whatever makes them happy!

I think that is an excellent point! When people are happy, their writing is usually awesome. Why not just let people do what they want to do without judgement? I love this philosophy. 

On 10/2/2016 at 10:20 PM, Bishop said:

I completely agree! There is nothing more fulfilling or beautiful than seeing what a character can accomplish when the writer is happy.  Whatever the sexual orientation or history of the character may be.

Exadia_1607909613.png.e626ceeebe9fcd612aeb490e0e0b1079.png

Echoing what was said above I really wish I saw more older characters. The past sites I've been on- and I'm absolutely guilty of the same thing- plays people in their 20 and 30s like they're in their teens. So seeing people older than that helps make it feel like there's an "adult" in the room. xD 

But one thing I cannot get enough of are sympathetic villain characters. I feel like there's a lot of people who play villains, who go in and think there character can do anything because they're bad. But I've seen some jaw droppingly good villains in my RPs that make me root for their characters despite me knowing what they're doing is messed up. The players who write these type of characters will have me reading their threads with popcorn. I'm addicted to their dark and twisty stories. 

Signature.gif.f990d17d00a304eecbd3578bd5de4cf5.gif

• 2 months later...

Too many evil aligning characters for the sake of being bad. I love a moral gray area, but I prefer villains with motivation, reason, and substance. 

Additionally, I find with many human-rps too much focus on comms and text messages without any actual writing taking place.