What do you see too much of? What do you see not enough of?

Rune

On 6/26/2016 at 9:21 AM, counterklock said:

Too much: 

Canons whose players have altered their personalities from the source material to make them more palatable. No, no, that character is a canon-jackass and we love/loathe him for it, please don't make him otherwise!

This!!! too many times on fandom sites I've seen people take a canon and what they have done essentially turns that canon into a CW Teen Drama version of that canons, sometimes even use actors from those shows to play canons in their mid thirties.

Too much:

Shipping and smut focus. I don't mind ships in general and when done organically its beautiful. However, too many times I've seen people go completely off the rails over this ships and completely ignore all other posts they owe just to post with their ship and 90% of the time its just smut. Then use the excuse 'its what I got muse for' Yeah..... you owe 5 threads a post for the last month some of them its the only thread they got and need for activity but you've been posting a sex scene sometimes 20 times a week.... got it.

Not Enough:

Character's who don't or wouldn't like each other interacting. I have had some of my best threads come from my character interacting with another one that I know will either instantly annoy them or they'd just plain out hate from the start. Had many interesting plots, storylines, even ships form from characters that absolutely despised each other from the word GO.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2022 at 10:05 AM, Matchlessfalcon said:

Too much:

Shipping and smut focus. I don't mind ships in general and when done organically its beautiful. However, too many times I've seen people go completely off the rails over this ships and completely ignore all other posts they owe just to post with their ship and 90% of the time its just smut. Then use the excuse 'its what I got muse for' Yeah..... you owe 5 threads a post for the last month some of them its the only thread they got and need for activity but you've been posting a sex scene sometimes 20 times a week.... got it.

This is so accurate it hurts 😒

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2022 at 10:05 AM, Matchlessfalcon said:

Not Enough:

Character's who don't or wouldn't like each other interacting. I have had some of my best threads come from my character interacting with another one that I know will either instantly annoy them or they'd just plain out hate from the start. Had many interesting plots, storylines, even ships form from characters that absolutely despised each other from the word GO.

This, this, this. People are way too scared of conflict, I swear. I’ve had people renege on plotting with me because my muse would hate theirs… no, dude, that’s what I WANT! Give me that tension and nastiness and rivalry! I want our guys to have beef! It’s so boring when everything gets resolved without any messiness or risk of shit going wrong…

• 4 months later...

I'd like to see more older characters, and by older I really mean 60+. In most games I've played in, there's few older generation, and sites are normally full of 18-30 year old characters. And I get it, I have no room to talk as my characters currently range from 16-45ish. But man, I'd just like to see some variety, like..there's surely old people in the background xD 

• Preach it! 1

Pern's New Era is upon us..

Pern's New Era.png

Jcink Premium, 1+ Years

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2023 at 11:39 AM, Remedy said:

I'd like to see more older characters, and by older I really mean 60+. In most games I've played in, there's few older generation, and sites are normally full of 18-30 year old characters. And I get it, I have no room to talk as my characters currently range from 16-45ish. But man, I'd just like to see some variety, like..there's surely old people in the background xD 

THIS! I have played a handful of older characters during my time as a RPer and it's honestly been so much fun. Being able to have that character share wisdom, make comments such as "back in my day", and just generally at times acting as if they own the place due to their status as an "elder" has been fun. If you've been considering playing an older character but haven't jumped in yet, now's the time! 

• Fuck Yeah! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Too much of

• Instantly successful romantic relationships, especially when they have very little development
  • People afraid of having their character not know something or not be good at something
  • People afraid of not being the "main character" in a roleplay or scenario
  • People trying to make their characters "look cool" and trying so hard that their characters look really, really dumb to other characters ICly instead
  • Fear of conflict, which has been aforementioned, 100%!

Not enough of

• Failed relationships! Breakups! Miscommunications! Let's see those crash and burns! Let's see the two people who fell "in love" way too fast realize what a honeymoon phase is! Yahoo!
  • Characters misremembering things, or not remembering everything correctly. Brains are only Okay at accurately remembering details. It's okay if your character goes to an event and forgets half the faces, because that's realistic. Do it more!
  • Delayed sensory processing. More characters that listen to something, go "what?" and then immediately process what was said, haha.
  • Preach it! 1

Professional Web Developer | Roleplayer
ksariya.carrd.co

Guest Anonymous

This is obviously subjective/my taste/specific to my experience and the roleplays I have seen.

I want less

- characters between 20 and 35 years. Like, isn't it boring? Playing young people is boring to me.

- slice of life

- romance where I frankly don't see any chemistry lol

- forced/pre-planned romance

- sex

- sexist and traditional themes just continuing the cycle IC, incl. in romances

- damsel-in-distress

- men protecting and saving women (do they know how to save themselves emotionally?)

- gruff, abrasive, brooding, mysterious "do excessive, unfair amounts of emotional labour for me" men (especially when complimented with a sunny, kind, people-pleasing woman)

- emotionally unintelligent men

- people-pleasing character concepts

- similar, half-chewed plots following popular rp storylines

I want more

- writers willing to have their characters disliked or even downright hated

- compelling, complex, emotionally intimate friendships and family relationships (basically platonic, deep emotional intimacy to a similar, same or even bigger degree than romantic - honestly, thre's so many poorly-written, uncompelling romances out there, it's not hard to do)

- gentle, emotionally intelligent men who can give as much as they take - and I really do mean give emotionally. not just fucking breadcrumbs. equality, guys. equality. real equality. men who will do at least as much hard emotional labour for women. real effort. while not being given the "boys will be boys, men will be men" slack.

- accurate, kind and human portrayals of socially less acceptable behaviours, traits, personalities (DSM-5 calls it "neurodivergence") especially in women

- abrasive, complex women that aren't charming

- confident women

- cowardly, dubious women

- complex, interesting, fulfilling female villains, anti-villains, anti-heroes that are bursting with humanity and life and colour and aren't killed off

- women that are independent from men re storyline, significance, power, etc.

- IC self-described feminists

- men being held properly accountable and either taking or being made to take full, fair responsibility for their harmful actions and crimes

- really controversial topics being explored

- willingness to not people-please

- lesbians and sapphics who don't throw themselves at men at the first opportunity

- 35+ year old sapphics in love

- SAPPHIC HAPPY ENDINGS

• 3 weeks later...

Less

-Slice of Life

-LGBTQIA safe space notes on advertisements (was it not safe...before to join...?)

RL Sites 

-18+ Websites that aren't kink rp being really about sex and hardly the rp.

-Spirit Personified Rp Sites (I just want to roleplay the actual character not an illusion of it.)

-Supernatural Genre Sites (I see a new one pop up every other month

• Like 1