Pizza for Days

I blame @Rune, and you get no further context than that. None.

Let's talk pizza.

What makes a perfect pie? And I promise I'll be a good girl, and put on my hat of truce and not hate on anyone who tries to tell me that deep dish is pizza. I will be good. Promise. Really. It'll be hard.

Perfect pie for me is the super thin crust that's nice and crispy, light sauce, good cheese like fresh mozzarella, and then just enough toppings to make it fun. Favorites include tomato, basil, garlic, mushrooms. And the ultimate test for a pizza place? Order a pizza margherita, because it's such a simple pie you can't hide bad ingredient or poor technique when making one.

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

I prefer pan pizza. My favorite has spinach, feta cheese, pesto sauce (and tomato sauce). It's soooo good.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Crispy thin crust, alfredo sauce, white cheese, chicken and maybe some tomato. I've taken a liking to pineapple on this recently.

If we're going basic, I'm a pepperoni gal. Thin crust, pepperoni and light on the sauce.

• I read this! 2

13 minutes ago, Rune said:

Crispy thin crust, alfredo sauce, white cheese, chicken and maybe some tomato. I've taken a liking to pineapple on this recently.

If we're going basic, I'm a pepperoni gal. Thin crust, pepperoni and light on the sauce.

I can totally get behind Alfredo and chicken on pizza. So much tasty.

My biggest no fly on pizza is pepperoni for some reason though. I don't know, it just really makes everything extra greasy it feels like. Pineapple, I'm not a fan of the texture, but I don't mind the flavor, so I'll just pick it off a Hawaiian and eat the slice without protest.

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

I prefer pan pizza. My favorite has spinach, feta cheese, pesto sauce (and tomato sauce). It's soooo good.

Feta cheese and pesto are much tasty. Though I don't do the pesto on pizza as much as I do it on pasta.

Quality cheese of any stripe will generally please me wherever I find it though.

• I read this! 1

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

It depends! Sometimes I love a good BBQ chicken pizza - the BBQ sauce instead of tomato-type. Other times I like a little ground burger, mushrooms, black olives, and a little sauce and cheese.And of course, a veggie pizza is lovely. All on a gluten free crust. Is it bad I like a healthy pie? Oh and I love this crust (it's not too salty, sweet, or hard):

kinnikinnick-frozen-pizza-crusts.jpg

Edited by kaydrew
  • I read this! 1

This island had ears so revealing everything all at once was not a smart move. There was a need for elements of surprise when dealing with Pan.

Chicago Deep dish is best pizza. Especially with bacon.

Ok, seriously now... I am a pizzavore. I eat most kinds without too much issue. From wood-fired thin crust to thick crust with toppings that make it literally 2 inches thick... The only kind I'm not fond of is with green peppers, onions, anchovies or the vegetarian sort. 

I also really like donair pizza. For those who have never seen/heard of this type... 

donair.jpg

I don't know if you can even get it outside of the Atlantic provinces... I mean I've heard from people who went out west that they couldn't find a decent donair out there at all. I don't know if the US is the same or not. 

Edited by VirusZero
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

I eat way too much pizza for my own good. Breakfast? Why not. Lunch? Yup. Dinner? Most certainly. But, only toppings I like are just cheese and tomato sauce. Loads of sauce, preferably spicy. I'm not fussy about the thickness of the base.

And if you're in the mood for pizza but haven't got any, something really yum is putting tomato sauce (I tend to use pasta sauce from a jar) on white sliced bread or a baguette, with cheese and whatever toppings you want, and then melting it under a grill.

Yup, I think my pizza thing could be called an obsession.

• I read this! 1

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

I really want pizza now thanks guys XD

• I read this! 1

I'm thinking I might go to blaze for dinner tonight. White Top pizza ftw.

Indeed today was a Pizza kind of day.

Hamburger, pepperoni and bacon was today's variation for me. 

Edited by VirusZero
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• 1 month later...

My kind of thread.

Pizza is love, pizza is life.

I'm a bit boring, I like just plain cheese pizza dipped in garlic sauce, maybe some pepperoni here and there. Occasionally I will eat some green peppers. No bacon. I hate bacon.

One time, I ordered this one pizza and told them no bacon. When I got home, I found out they had put bacon on it... I was sad.

But yeah, I pretty much live on pizza. My usual place is right up the street, and I'm too lazy to cook most days.

• I read this! 2