Have you ever had a dream about yours or someone else's character?

Lusitano

Ok so I'm just curious as to whether I'm the only freak here that's had a dream about a character or not.

In my case last night, I had a dream about someone else's character. I used to role play with this girl a while ago and she had this character who was severely anti-social. I had a dream about him, his name was Punk. Wasn't sure whether I should run from him or not. Anyone know the character from Lee Child novels (or the movie) Jack Reacher? Kind of like him but with more of an inkling to murder people except like, just a very select couple people.

• I read this! 4

poke_bro.png

• Admin

Many times over So many times over that it's hard to keep count TBH @Diana.

I've had ones that I dream about the roleplay thread I'm currently in with that character.

Others have been me interacting with roleplay characters, my own as well as other peoples characters.

I've even dreamt up plots with my characters.

I primarily only remember them if I have time to revel in them when I wake up. Like think about the dream itself. Otherwise I just remember that I had a dream about them.

I love when it happens to me, personally, as it normally means I'm really in love with whatever is happening with that particular character.

I have had a chase type one like you're describing by it was my own character and she has fewer qualms with killing people but she is a ton of fun to hang out with.

• I read this! 4

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Yes, sometimes I dreamt whole plots to happen. Dreaming of being with another character on Kingston docks led to an epic scene... then I dreamt the then ongoing mutiny on the French ship... and surely others too.

Other times I had dreams including my writing partners. In one of the dreams I was going to Finland on an official mission and one of my writing partners, who is Finnish, was supposed to meet me briefly at the airport, and I was looking for him and worrying how we would recognize each other.

• I read this! 4

I want to say I've had dreams, but I almost never ever remember them when I wake past that initial groggy fog of the morning. So sadly I can't actually tell any lovely tales. >.<

• I read this! 5

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I'm guilty of having dreams about characters, too. First was my character and friends who I shipped hardcore.  Their names were Godric and Ivy. We couldn't decide on a ship name, because all of the possibilities sounded awkward. But one, GodIvy, just sounded like Godiva, so that was their ship name. Of course, I had some steamy dreams about them using chocolate and strawberries. Guilty as charged.

Then two of my own personal characters have a thing for each other. So in my dreams, if they aren't fighting some monsters or something, they are being socially awkward because they can't figure out if they want to hang out or [censored].

GUILTY AS CHARGED X2.

• I read this! 5

mydeviantart.png mytumblr.png myweasyl.png

poke_bro.png

I've given several people nightmares with a couple of my characters.

I've also had dreams about mine/other people's...

The worst, however, are what I call the "sitemares." In which I have nightmares about stuff happening on my board. Usually someone joining and posting 1 liners in chatspeak without getting approved or the graphics admin making the worst skin known to man (which she finds hilarious.)

• I read this! 5

17 hours ago, Rune said:

...or the graphics admin making the worst skin known to man (which she finds hilarious.)

Is it bad that I'm considering April Fooling my players with an MLP theme? Maybe accompanied by an announcement that we're switching over to an MLP/Star Trek mashup?

/me holds out the cat'o'nine to whoever wishes to deal out her punishment.

Edited by Death Kitten
I can't words.
  • I read this! 4

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

That would be awesome. I love MLP. <_<

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

That would be awesome. I love MLP. <_<

MLP is great. However I am pretty sure that some of my players wouldn't agree.

If I did it, I'd totally make a pony version of their characters too.

Edited by Death Kitten
  • I read this! 2

• Admin

I approve! Pics or it didn't happen.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

1 minute ago, Morrigan said:

I approve! Pics or it didn't happen.

Gorram it, now I gotta make an mlp star trek skin for Nova. Me and my big mouth. >.<

• I read this! 3

Guest Archaic Cyborg

Ooh, yeah. A few times. Not as often as I'd like, though!

FFIX, ala my Zidane muse. Watson, once or twice, which was more or less 'nothing happened' and came out of fucking NOWHERE. 

Ages ago, I'd have RP dreams based on an awesome thread, usually with a really good 1x1 partner. A brain twin, pretty much!

On 5/1/2016 at 0:59 AM, Death Kitten said:

Is it bad that I'm considering April Fooling my players with an MLP theme? Maybe accompanied by an announcement that we're switching over to an MLP/Star Trek mashup?

/me holds out the cat'o'nine to whoever wishes to deal out her punishment.

*takes the cat o' nine tails and shakes head* You shouldn't have even had that thought. Bad, Death Kitten!

• I read this! 2

Chief of Security 

USS Joshua Norton

poke_clash.png

3 minutes ago, BJ Reign said:

*takes the cat o' nine tails and shakes head* You shouldn't have even had that thought. Bad, Death Kitten!

I'm not sure what you're more afraid of... that I'd somehow manage to capture Streeh's essence when I make his themed picture, or that Kel would actually enjoy it because I'd give her that fancy rainbow flamecleft for her cutie mark.

• I read this! 2

Just now, Death Kitten said:

I'm not sure what you're more afraid of... that I'd somehow manage to capture Streeh's essence when I make his themed picture, or that Kel would actually enjoy it because I'd give her that fancy rainbow flamecleft for her cutie mark.

Streeh would eat you. Kelly....she'd be perfectly happy with it

Chief of Security 

USS Joshua Norton

poke_clash.png