Have you ever had a dream about yours or someone else's character?

Lusitano

I have indeed!  I run a pack on a wolf site and dreamt that someone challenged for it but for some odd reason I never knew and after the 3 day time period to reply lapsed my pack was automatically lost to them.  Needless to say I was upset with everyone in my dream for not even mentioning it to me

• I read this! 3

Reign Over Me

Medieval Human RPG/Proboards

Plenty of Noble positions available and plot driven!

N0Qhnsj.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

button4_zpsyb53wxeh.png

Canis

Wolf RPG Set 16000 years in the past

I dream less about my characters and more about the other players. I've had some really bad experiences lately with being treated very poorly, which stresses me out. That stress lapses into my dreams. I once had a dream that I went to check this site, and I'd been banned because the entire community had voted to get rid of me. I've also had dreams on the opposite end of the spectrum, where the people who have been cruel/mean to me leave/quit and things are finally like they used to be. I had a truly wonderful dream once that the original creator of the game took back over and cracked down on bullying and everyone started getting along. XD

Edited by Castle
  • I read this! 1

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

I don't know if anyone else have dreams that just don't make sense and jump around from one thing to another. At the time it seems completely normal but when you wake up, not so much. -Dreams that I'm fighting with one of my characters, oh wait I am them, oh no I'm me playing as them in an MMO- What!?

But yes, it generally happens to me more if I'm really enjoying a thread and can't wait to read another reply from my partner. If I go to bed waiting on that reply and excited that I might see it when I wake up, then I'll often dream about it. xD!

• I read this! 2

• 1 month later...

I dream about my characters a lot :,)

One night, I had a dream I was in the Dark Souls universe with my dragon characters. I don't remember details, but I think we were at Archdragon Peak...

It was a pretty relaxing dream, surprisingly. 

• I read this! 2

On several occasions I've dreamed of BEING particular characters of mine. The outer setting might not have been related to the RP, but the scene itself: Either my interaction/dynamic with a partner's character or the situation presented would match something related to the RP. It's given me several storyarc ideas as well as great quotes to throw into the actual threads. 

Although, fascinatingly, aside from one occasion, the rare RP dream I have has always been one particular character of mine. One of my friends always called  her my Dark Alter Ego, ironically enough. I'm starting to wonder if he was one to something XD

• I read this! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Ah! I had my first dream about a recently created character just a few months ago! I was so pleased when I woke up, it felt like a milestone of sorts. Like I'd finally broken them in entirely, and they'd moved into that wonderful space where they almost start writing themselves, and have the capacity to surprise you. Love it.

Naturally it was one of the first things I said that evening to my troupe. "Hey, I dreamed about Lucas last night and it was awesome." They laughed. They get it. :3

• I read this! 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

One of my older characters was sort of  a part of this celebrity school with a hierarchy. I dreamed that I got into the school through a scholarship and smoked weed with her. It was nice...like taking a vacation with an older, wiser more laid back version of myself.

The most recent dream I've had would have to be one with bowling. Don't wanna give too much away- but suffice it to say, I got a whole lot of Gutter balls while all the other characters kept getting strikes. The more friendly of them tried to make me feel better by complimenting me - but my own character hated me for the attention. I left early and promised to chill again soon. I'm sad I never got to uphold my promise, as the dream was very real and I'd love to be able to experience that sort of depth again.

• Admin

BWTS! @Hysteria lolol Liz will shake her ass for you. 😉

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan Tempting that may be, I'd be grateful for a hug. Anything else might get me murdered in dreamland.

• I read this! 1

• 1 month later...

I had a dream about another character just last night! Well, sort of about another character. Basically, I dreamt that the person playing Brendol Hux posted with him, and made a post in the cbox about how "Brendol Hux is on the move... >.>" and I got all excited because I love me some Hux mischief, but then I fell asleep again... in my dream???? and never got to see what he was actually up to.

• I read this! 1

• 1 month later...

Yes.  It's where I've gotten a lot of my ideas from, too. 

• 2 months later...

Actually, last night I had my first dream (that I remember) as a character! I was Simona/Masquerade, a character from my game. Funnily this was post-sitewide plot, so her two personalities were merged. It was fun because she/I was getting frustrated and began slipping into the more manic, crazy, Joker-esque Masquerade. I could feel myself, as her, becoming agitated and losing the fight to give into the violent, happy manic impulses to forcefully stop the person frustrating her/me.

It was really interesting!

muEzlN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have dreams about my characters and/or their storylines all the time. It usually happens if I think about them right before I sleep or if I've been plotting all day with one of my rp partners. It's usually the character(s) I have plotted out the most so there are a lot of "what ifs" going on in my head.

q6omUI8.gif
Wanted & Canons

• 4 months later...

I actually had a dream about my character and someone else's a few days ago. It was still me but I was seeing things from my character's perspective as another person's character was lecturing them. It was a bit surreal.