Project Wonderful?

Anyone have any experience with Project Wonderful? I set up an account to advertise my RP, but I was thinking of putting a couple of the small ads on my public facing pages of my game to help pay for the ads I place with them.

I know some people have a knee jerk reaction to just hate all advertising, but I don't mind small static ads myself. And with the way Nova (my RP's cms) is set up, I'll be able to not put the ads on the pages my players frequently see.

And if you don't have experience with PW itself, any experience with ads in general would be helpful.

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

I've only ever used adwords on one of my sites forever ago. Looking at Project wonderful, it looks interesting.

I think if it's tactfully placed ads would be good for offsetting costs of simple things like that. What sort of advice are you looking for?

I mean if we are being honest most free sites have advertising.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I think I'm mostly looking for any experience people have had with PW specifically, and perhaps any challenges people have faced with adding ads to a self hosted game. PW looks like they don't have scripty ads, they show up for me on sites that I don't have white listed on noScript, and it looks like I can decide if the ad images are static or may be animated. So the biggest things that bug me about ads should be taken care of.

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I've never heard of Project Wonderful before now. Though I will admit it looks interesting. My question though is how much possible money it could generate. I mean I tried adsense and the payout was abysmal. (Like $10 in 2 years... and you needed $100 before they'd issue a payment.)

I also tried adwords (I got a free $100 credit for adwords because I signed up for adsense) and the money blew through quickly. I also think it did more harm than good for my site. I mean after that my numbers of visits per month seemed to drop compared to what they were before ever using adwords.

I don't think it'd be too hard to implement their code, from the sounds of it they just give you a code to paste in. (Not sure if it's javascript, jquery or PHP though.)

"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

They certainly have a much lower pay out that Google, I think they said it was $10? My biggest concern with the funds is that they look to run everything through PayPal, and I closed my PayPal account a few years ago over some disagreements on how they conduct business. But that shouldn't matter as long as I can feed funds in from a credit card without a PayPal account, and just leave anything earned in my account to pay for future ads.