You know you're addicted to RP when...

Morrigan

• Admin

So like many of the other confession threads this is one of those ones. Tell us things that you notice that you know that you're addicted to RPing.

Reading books is not as much fun as reading the drama on your favorite roleplay.

When you incessantly refresh the initiative to see if anyone has posted something that you can read/like.

• I read this! 10

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

You know you're addicted to RP when you wake up in the middle of the night and refresh a roleplay forum on phone to see if there are any posts for you. Don't read them, but makes me feel good if there is, knowing I'll have some good reads when I wake up for real. Proceed to go back to sleep for another four hours. :P

• I read this! 8

When you'll slip into the bathroom at work to reply on a RP, hoping to get an extra response out of your thread partner.

When your characters seem to take on a mind of their own, and you can't predict what they'll do, you're just along for the ride to chronicle what they do.

• I read this! 7

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

Guest Archaic Cyborg

When you think 'hey, this would make a fantastic rpg!' when you spot a shiny new amazing film or book or game of  X genre. FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

When you buy something because your character was jumping and shouting in your head that you should...

Let's just say there's a very pleased red headed clan ops CO in my head, thinking back to being five and running around with a mask on yelling COWABUNGA.

tmp_28532-2016-05-25 12.43.37 1-1197857301.jpg

• I read this! 8

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

Every one of these so far made me say "yep!" haha

- When you feel a character bubbling up into existence in your mind, and you think "oh no, not another one!" (you try to ignore it for a few days, but eventually you crack because they won't shut up)

- When you have to impose a limit on yourself for how many threads you're allowed to be in at one time, because you're guaranteed to go overboard if you don't

- When you really have to clean your apartment, so you give yourself 15 minutes RP breaks as a reward for every 30 minutes of cleaning 

• I read this! 7
  • Agree 1

When you dream about some of the plots that you have going on or characters just randomly show up in your dreams.

• I read this! 6

1 hour ago, hades said:

- When you really have to clean your apartment, so you give yourself 15 minutes RP breaks as a reward for every 30 minutes of cleaning 

Sounds like me during a slow night at work. Actual work, check RP, alternate. xD!

• I read this! 4

When you're almost late for work in the morning because you're responding to a tag on your game. 

When you can relate to every single thing that was mentioned in this thread. T_T

• I read this! 6

Commanding Officer, USS Tempest 

A Play-by-Nova Century-class starship set in the Delta Quadrant

Tempest-full.png

C'mon poke me...see what happens... >:(

• 3 weeks later...

When you go out to do stuff (groceries/errands/whatever) and you pop into the site(s) you are on with your phone to check if there are new posts/what people are talking about on the cbox.

• I read this! 6

12 hours ago, Daisy Johnson said:

When you go out to do stuff (groceries/errands/whatever) and you pop into the site(s) you are on with your phone to check if there are new posts/what people are talking about on the cbox.

Holy marinara, I keep exceeding my high speed data allotment and getting pushed to slow speeds because I visit this site so much. I didn't have this problem before I found you guys (love you all anyways ).

When you're having to fight yourself to pay attention to work because you have a new recruit in chat asking questions, and they're on the other side of the planet.

• I read this! 4

When you keep refreshing the page when you know your partner is working on a reply and you just want to see it as soon as it gets posted. 

Or it does not have to even be your own thread, but when you stalk a thread and you know someone is replying to this. 

• I read this! 3

• 2 weeks later...

When you anxiously refresh the 'Recent Posts' page while out grocery shopping, because what if someone posts and I don't know immediately???

(I'm working on this, I promise.)

• Love 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When you're constantly lurking on the online list on a site to see what people are doing, so you'll immediately know if someone's even possibly posting for you. 

• I read this! 2
  • Love 2