You know you're addicted to RP when...

Morrigan

On 8/12/2017 at 3:15 PM, Sara said:

When your dissertation is due in, in 11 days but you spend all your time lurking on your boar

Due in 11 days and spend all your time writing lore instead. :P

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

• 3 years later...

When you consume the threads on "roleplay discussion" forums like reality tv. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 1

4rlXnvM.png

Maudlin
A Post-War Marauders AU, 1985

I know I'm addicted when I try to go to bed at night and I'm instantly drawn to my laptop to check rp posts or discord replies for those rps.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:34 PM, Verridith said:

When a character idea forces itself into your brain and no matter what they won't go away until you make them.

Or when you have scary 'nightmare' dreams and wake up and go OMG I AM SO USING THAT with a huge grin.

OR when your dreams have your regular r/p chars in them... and you end up using those dreams somewhere, too. xD

many a dreams have become an rp thing < lol

• Love 1

spacer.png

^ I can agree with the dreams! I sometimes fall asleep thinking about possible thread ideas, plot ideas, etc. 

I feel like I'm addicted to RP when I'm out and about running errands or doing something that I need to be, but instead I'm checking discords and forum replies... and I'd much rather be doing that, at home, than being out and spending money somewhere.

Edited by Behemoth

behemoth

You know you're addicted to RP when you try to go to sleep and all you can think about is what new thing your character is up to and want to get up and write about it

A fart is nothing but the lonely cry of an imprisoned turd.

When you swear off role playing but the break lasts less than 24 hours. 😅

• 3 months later...

...you start looking up face claim photoshoots using your character's name (i.e. instead of looking up "Chris Evans Photoshoot", I'll use my character's name that uses Evans as a face.)

...the first app you open in the morning is either a web browser to check posts, or Discord to say good morning to the community you're with.

...you take inspiration from every other piece of media you see, and think "wow, that would make a cool character/plot/premise/setting!"

• Preach it! 1

Working on it... Check back soon!

4 hours ago, aira said:

...you start looking up face claim photoshoots using your character's name (i.e. instead of looking up "Chris Evans Photoshoot", I'll use my character's name that uses Evans as a face.)

...the first app you open in the morning is either a web browser to check posts, or Discord to say good morning to the community you're with.

...you take inspiration from every other piece of media you see, and think "wow, that would make a cool character/plot/premise/setting!"

All of these are me, especially the last one... I don't need more characters but THE IDEAS I HAVE FORMING ARE SO GOOD

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.

Burnout? Nah ~ One more post won't matter, right? Yeah this is fine. *20 posts later*

• 4 months later...

When you turn away from the computer to do something else, even for a few minutes, and can only think about how quickly you can get back to the game 😭

• 2 months later...

When you hear a name from some sort of media or just in regular life and you get instantly hit with "oh, that's a good character name" and tuck it away for later.

• 3 months later...

You have dreams about the characters or even just hanging out on discord. 

• 2 months later...

When I'm already replying to whatever tags I have in my head. I'll figure out the perfect response, lines and whatnot. I've eventually realized that often times I couldn't remember them when I got back, so I'll scribble them if I can. Or I'll simply try to remember the general feeling I want to convey. It's a whole thing.