Asphodels

sid

I'm just going to dump my trash her every once in a while

A Dabble to start things off:

I look at each of them in turn, knowing it's for the last time. All the twisted shit we've been through together over the past few hours, which have felt like days, it's all come down to this moment. Jeb is the only one who looks scared. He's just a kid. Everyone else looks... resigned. That's the only way to put it. They know I'll change any second. They know I'll be stronger than them. They know that if they're lucky they'll kill me, and if they're not... the world will end. 

But I'm ready. I'm ready to be prey.

• I read this! 1

I'm in a daze. I wake up to a world tilted; flat pavement of an alley stretched out in front of me. I push myself upright, wiping the bits of gravel off my face. The last thing I remember is the boy with the chemicals. He had a centipede on his neck. No... that wasn't it. Wires, twisting and pulsing. That's what it was.

I stand up. I stagger. I vomit. I feel like I've got the bends.

"That'll be the new code. It'll pass."

I turn, looking at the man who appeared behind me.

"Who the fuck are you?"

Another dabble

• I read this! 1