Characters you want to play but can't....

Morrigan

• Admin

So I reminisce about old times with some of my favorite characters. Ones that I still have and some that I don't. Writing Partners that I've lost and those that I've gained.

Sometimes I just think about the characters that I've lost from old games that I simply can never find a place for. Now this isn't something that I'm looking for a roleplay. I've looked and I just can't find the place that I would feel comfortable pulling out these characters for the most part. This thread is mostly to post a snippet about a character that you just can't find a home for anymore.

Now first character, if I make her tamer I can find a home but I really can't play her in the means that I used to. I think part one is the stringent "clean up" policies on vampire sites but because her level of crazy requires people to prod. People say that she is a ton of fun to play with but they really don't ever want to develop anything with her. Her name is Elizabeth Bathory (and yes @Elena I made her into a vampire). In her original form she was basically a batshit vampire serial killer obsessed with blood and pressing the buttons of other characters.

Why can't I play her anymore:

• Vampire clean up policies on a lot of sites would get her "policed" by the staff and killed off despite damn good reasons (including that she doesn't stick around places long) that it shouldn't matter.
  • I have to tone her down otherwise people "don't know how to react" to her.
  • Finding people to return thread with her, people like her for a one hit crazy but coming back again is difficult.
  • Finding people okay with such a lesbian is pretty difficult. I say she has more balls than most men. ;)

Next Character is one that I've found her homes but I've never found her something that she can truly enjoy as far as another player. Since her original inception as Desdemona the character evolved into Violet and is basically drawn and a slave to power. It makes her a very subservient character that relies on a strong companion in order to thrive.

Why I can't play her anymore:

• Finding a good dominant character that "uses" my character is nigh impossible unless I play a subservient race. Most of the appeal of this character is she plays a dominant race (and often has a more dominant role in society) and is still subservient to this other person.

Next up is my alcoholic degen that is down on her luck. Her first rendition was a pirate but had since evolved into a less piratey more degenerate person that's down on her luck. She needs someone to pick her up.

Why I can't play her anymore:

• Finding someone willing to pick up and help her is impossible whether it be a created IC friend or a stranger feeling generous.
  • Finding people willing to play with a degen is pretty difficult.
  • Plot opportunities are few and far between for those that don't wish to go out of their way.
  • She uses my online name which is considered "Mary Sue" by most and therefore outright denied.

I have others but I'll start with those three. Do you have characters you wish you could play that you can't? Why do you feel you can't?

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I know you had her on a site long time ago :P

May I be biased and say better her than Vlad the Impaler?

Edited by Elena
  • I read this! 1

• Admin
Just now, Elena said:

I know you had her on a site long time ago :P

May I be biased and say better her than Vlad the Impaler?

Truth! Plus I think she has a more fun history to work with on being a vampire anyways. ;)

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

I wish I could play my first trek rp character again. I have her as an npc I can call upon in my current game, but that's not the same. Diziara is a roller coaster, and I've sent her through some crazy plots, but because I started playing her daughter in another game, a lot of her craziness got settled out and some of her long standing issues were resolved.

In her younger days, she was a magnet for reprimand, she wouldn't let anyone emotionally close, and she was a whirlwind. Now she's found a husband who can keep up with her, has two adult kids, and has resolved her authority issues with Starfleet. Diz is still fun, but she's mellowed and if she were to go back to a starship, she'd either be within her husband's chain of command or they'd be apart for long periods of time. Neither of them particularly care for that prospect.

I really need to relive some of her glory days with some bar crawl and drunken story telling. She loves to do that.

• I read this! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine started a board based around the apocalypse (you know, before sleepy hollow and whatever that one with the angels is made it cool). Its basic premise was that each mythologies versions of the "end of the World' actually happened, and each time around the world is just renewed and recycled. This round up being due time for the horsemen to herald in the rapture.

I played "Death". As the literal grim reaper. Under the premise that Death him(or her)self was the horseman of same name; and each time Death was Cheated out of a life, that person when they finally DID die, then became the new Death. My Death, was a batshit insane gothy looking girl named Correntine who was completely obsessed with all things morbid and creepy, had an issue with people seeing her face, and basically a happy-go-lucky crazy maniac who greatly enjoyed acting all scary-serious as the stereotypical stoic classic reaper. Oh, and had a secret love for stuffed animals. 

My friend played a version of Loki from Norse mythology as the Horseman of War. The two had such AMAZING chemistry......

Unfortunately no amount of attempts at re-vamping or modifying her has been able to create a version playable anywhere else. 

Edited by CovertSphinx
  • I read this! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had a female character that I made specifically for another admin when she asked me to. She was sweet, timid and generally curious about the world around her. I enjoyed the air of innocents about her and the thrill of corrupting her. But when I tried to play her again on multiple sites she just didn't have the same appeal. No one seemed to know what to do with her and I lost interest rather quickly.

• I read this! 3

• Admin

Another character I would love to play is my Borg. She has other 'people' in her head with her after she was brought back to being normal again. She has I think 4 people in her head that she talks to and that can be triggered to come out like DID.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

On 7/10/2016 at 4:46 PM, deserted_phoenix said:

I had a female character that I made specifically for another admin when she asked me to. She was sweet, timid and generally curious about the world around her. I enjoyed the air of innocents about her and the thrill of corrupting her. But when I tried to play her again on multiple sites she just didn't have the same appeal. No one seemed to know what to do with her and I lost interest rather quickly.

I guess some characters just work best (or ONLY work with) specific interactions; either be it with setting or another character of particular role. Especially mold-able characters, it takes a special person to really delve the dark side and be that corrupting force -- and believably at that. 

• I read this! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg