Favorite Superhero/Comic Characters!

txernest

I just really want to talk about comics so I'm making a topic.

So, typically speaking, I'm a Marvel Comics gal. They're what I grew up reading, so they're where I have the most favorites. I decided to narrow the topic to superheroes, their villains, and other characters relating to those types of stories. Because there are just SO MANY comics these days, y'know.

DC Characters that I love, breaking the Marvel gal mold:

• John Constantine. I love antivillains. They're great. And yeah, that's definitely what I classify him as just because of the things he'll do and the fact that he tends to be so self-serving. But I love him.
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes). Pre-New-52 is what I'm familiar with here, as the New 52 took away the best things about him. I love him, though, and how well they used his cultural past.

My Marvel faves:

• Tony Stark/Iron Man. I just love him and all his issues. Pre-Kieron Gillen's futz-up with his book.
  • Clint Barton/Hawkeye. My precious little walking trainwreck.
  • Elizabeth Braddock/Psylocke. X-Men was my entry into comics, and my love for Betsy is eternal.
  • Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange. Don't. Talk. To. Me. About. This. Movie. I mean, what movie? There's no movie happening! The dumb magician is amazing.
    • The Cloak of Levitation. It's a sentient cloak that behaves like a cat!
  • Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. She was a badass even before she got powers!
  • Victor von Doom/Doctor Doom. SO OVERDRAMATIC, THIS DOOM.
  • Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman. Before they took away a bunch of major character traits to get her pregnant in her own comic. She canonly hates and doesn't want kids. What were you thinking?!
  • Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel. She might be new, but she's stolen my heart.
  • Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen. I LOVE this reinvention of her character, but I've loved most interpretations of her. She's a girl who knows what she wants.
  • Guiletta Nefaria/Madame Masque. Probably my favorite villain, and definitely part of my all-time OTP, IronMasque.
  • Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch. Wanda is just the best.
  • Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver. Love my jackass speedster.
  • Balder Odinson. THIS LITTLE RAY OF IDIOTIC SUNSHINE.
  • Nick Fury. And like. The classic Nick Fury. The one from 616, who is a magnificent dickbag. Ults!Fury always bothered me a bit, though I do like MCU Fury more because he has more 616 Fury elements.

And those are my faves! What are your faves? Why? Do you care to fangirl/fanboy with me?

• I read this! 1

Find me on:

Mortal Ends   x5d17s.jpg
{Erin}   {Little Bird}

Spider Jerusalem is amazing. I highly recommend reading Transmetropolitan. All I gotta say: bowel disruptor gun and chairleg of truth.

• I read this! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I am not too familiar with comics, while I have some and I read some most of my superhero knowledge comes from movies and tv shows. That said I like a lot of  them an all for different reasons. I love Quake, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, the Hulk, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Captain America and many more. 

I am always willing to fangirl over these characters and others. I tend to spam some of my rp partners with a lot of things regarding our characters. 

• I read this! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like the Movie Nick Fury a bit better than the 616 comic version. For some reason he just seems like he's more commanding and in control.  Samuel L Jackson was the perfect choice to play him.

For characters that are my favourites:

- Iron Man - he's not the strongest character by far, if anything he's weaker since he relies on his suit to fight. But he is one of the smartest. That's tempered though by the fact he gets overconfident and cocky.

- War Machine - Like Iron Man except he's less tech savvy and more strategy oriented. Also more guns.

- Deadpool - Admittedly I have not read the comics for him. (Though to be fair the only comics I have read are Iron Man...) but I like his randomness and unpredictability that I've seen in other mediums.

- Captain Marvel / Carol Danvers - (Admittedly I'm not overly fond of her new outfit/look as Captain Marvel. I liked her Warbird outfit best.)  But  her powers are cool, her backstory is a good mix of tragedy and perseverence.

"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• 2 weeks later...

My reply will be a bit shorter since I don't read very many comics, let alone superhero ones! But I have always been a great big fan of 'Watchmen', and Rorschach was always my favourite character, since he was so passionate about his views.

On a side note the man that played him in the movie was fantastic in my opinion, and was a big reason why I got into Watchmen!

• I read this! 1

Ex Vino Veritas

• 3 months later...

My favorite Marvel character is Wither. Following him I'm a fan of Jubilee, Toad, and Legion before he was brought back from the dead. I've only read a few issues here and there since his resurrection so I'm not too sure how I feel about him now.

DC Red Hood is my favorite character there. I like Batman and as a kid I used to enjoy reading Amethyst Princess of Gem World.

I'm sure I have other favorites that are not from DC and Marvel, but its been a long time since I've read anything besides Walking Dead(have no favorites here) and Red Hood's comics that I can't think of them at this moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AQUAMAN. that's right I said it, Aquaman. Also, batman, because who doesn't like batman and Kitty from X-men. 

• Love 1

• 10 months later...
Guest BETA BLUE

I grew up Batman Girl and Marvel X-Men Girl. My babysitter used to read X-Men Comics to me when I went to bed.  

Black Canary :: all time fav

Harley Quinn

Batman

Nightwing

Maverick 

Jubilee 

Wolverine // Before Origins. 

Rogue

Psylocke 

Cyclops 

I've always been all about DC - Do not speak to me of the New52, it was a dark time and should be forgotten.

DC Top 5 Heroes
Guy Gardner (The Best Lantern) - I identify with him on a spiritual level.
Wonder Woman - The best of the big three DC Holy Trinity and a representation of the person I aspire to be.
Martian Manhunter - My love for this character can only be expressed in high pitched squees
Steel (John Henry Irons) - 52 was one of the best Runs/Arcs DC has ever done.
Stephanie Brown - I love her most as Batgirl, but her run as Robin highlights nearly everything I loath about Batman (that's right I fucking hate the Bat [unless it's Dick!bats]).

Honorable Mention goes to Warlord - Travis Morgan, Damian Wayne and Kate Spencer (Manhunter)

DC Top 5 Villains
Bane - My love for this character can only be expressed in high pitched squees. We won't speak of either of those movie abominations.
Darksied - because, ummm, duh!
Riddler - How can you not love a gentleman villain?
Poison Ivy - I just love everything about her.
Man-Bat - - My love for this character can only be expressed in high pitched squees

Honorable Mention goes to Zoom/Reverse Flash and Black Adam

Top 5 Marvel Characters
Thor (Jane Foster)
Loki (All incarnations)
Squirrel Girl
Spider Gwen
Doctor Doom
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Dr. Otto Octavius - Doc Ock

Valkyrie
Magneto

Honorable Mention to Beta-Ray Bill, Captain Marvel and Deadpool

Top 5 Non-Big 2 Comics
Lumberjanes
Saga
Sex Criminals
Traveler
Paper Girls

Ad-bar-long.gif.722dc28f494a5bc598f47e3c8466b27b.gif

THE HAUNTED - A Horror Survival Jam Jar currently in Development
Interested in helping? My inbox is open!

Harley Quinn for me, from her early era! I really don't like the then-new direction they've taken her.. The 'biker trash' persona rubs me the wrong way. ><;

I love her energy, humour, conflicts, and naivety without being 'too hopeless at anything'. When the chips are down, she doesn't take crap from anybody: and then there are her awesome fur babies :D

Obviously...  Booster Gold.  There's an issue where he accidentally hits a dog with a laser beam and decides to travel through time to fix it, it's just the sweetest thing ever.

For others, lets see..

• Larfleeze.  He's funny and surprisingly badass.
  • Hawk / Hank Hall.  Of Hawk and Dove fame, awesome character.
  • Mister Miracle / Scott Free.  I love the dynamic with him and his wife.
  • Etrigan / Jason Blood.  Read every series of his ever, horror and superheroes, fun.
  • Doctor Doom.  My favorite villain ever, lol.  Actually has a backstory more akin to a Bruce Wayne than any villain.
  • Red Hood.  I absolutely adore Red Hood and the Outlaws, so.
  • John Constantine.  He's a jerk but a lot of fun..
  • Professor Zoom.  The meanest, evilest person DC has to offer.  Dude makes Joker look tame as he'll go through time to mess your life up.
  • Black Adam.  I like that he's in the middle ground of hero and villain sometimes, xD
  • Scott Summers / Cyclops.  He was right.
  • Frank Castle.  Punisher is a force to be reckoned with and that's epic.
  • Venom.  Gimme that old school Eddie Brock Venom or nothing..

I could list favorites all day, xD  I lean a bit DC but I love it all, really.  :)  I'd be here all day listing everything I enjoy from all publishers lmao.

• I read this! 2

Nightcrawler. He's FUN. He wants to be a SWASHBUCKLER! 

Sabretooth. He's just a badass. C'mon.

Iron Man. I have a soft spot for ole Tony. 

I picked up Saga and Preacher lately. Really excited to read them.

So many to list!

Rose Wilson is my main BAE

Anything with Deathstroke, Rose or the rest of the Wilson clan, I'm all over it. 

Stormy Knight and any of the Freedom Fighters

Big Barda and all the NEW GODS - give me KING KIRBY

Mulan Kato - Kevin Smith's Green Hornet was a joy to read. 

If it's got Harley in it- I'm reading it. 

I love Spawn one of my mainstays on my pull list. 

There is really too much. I tend to lean toward DC more in the comic and rp realm. I' a huge fan of the Lantern stuff- Red all the way. I also love Fourth World/New God anything. 

• I read this! 1

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

• 5 months later...

DC; 

• Tim Drake. (He's literally my favorite comic/superhero character of all time.  New 52 and Rebirth ruined him and I'm forever salty.)
  • Dick Grayson/Pretty much all of the Batfamily. (I'm just gonna group the rest of them together bc it's easier than listing out all 15 of them.
  • Cyborg/Beast Boy/Raven/Starfire (The most well known group of Teen Titans. I grew up on the show and that's what really put comics on the map for me in general. Definitely gotta have them in here.) 
  • Roy Harper
  • Leonard Snart
  • Wally West
  • Barry Allen
  • Jericho

Marvel: 

• Peter Parker. 
  • Captain America
  • Tony Srark
  • Dr. Strange
  • Thor