VirusZero

So after having seen Marvel's Captain America 3 / Civil War... I started to think about getting a design done for Endless Fight. I haven't really had a ton of time to sit down and develop themes in a while (work having consumed much of my time) and so I've become a bit out of practice (I've forgotten chunks of what I used to know) and am having a hard time deciding what to actually do. I have a couple ideas and a bit of a prototype started but I'm not 100% sure where to go from there. 

So here's a screenshot of what I have... 

Spoiler

EF - Civil War 1.jpg

And I've attached one of what I'd like to have.

Spoiler

Concept.jpg

For this I'd like to have the characters be on opposite sides of the centre content. But I have no idea how to actually accomplish this.

So then, thoughts? Suggestions? Input? 

"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• Admin

Looks like it will be a ton of fun! I think the basic design that you have so far is perfect. What I would recommend for the images on the side is two divs set at 100% height. Mind you it takes a little bit of doing because you have to add a height value to HTML and Body as well to get it to work. But you can do that. I would recommend a max width and not a defined width (as it will auto break on mobile).

The alternative thing is to have the divs disappear as the screen gets smaller.

I mean I am filled with the help.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Makes sense. I had been hoping to avoid making too many template edits (because I was planning to use the same template as another skin, this way I wouldn't have to make duplicate changes if I updated affiliates or whatever). But I figured out a workaround to avoid that issue.

This is how it looks currently:

Spoiler

EF - Civil War 2.jpg

Thoughts on the updated version?

"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• Admin

I like it much better then the first. Only issue I see is that you lost some links?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Yeah, that's because the first image I was using an existing theme's template. But in the updated image I had created another template set just for it and moved most of the parts over to it (through global templates). But unfortunately I hadn't put the links in yet. And for now I'm not too worried about them because I'm doing all the work on localhost instead of on the actual server. 

• I read this! 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I've made a bit more progress... Most of the buttons are done now. Thoughts on them?

I've also got the background showing properly on all pages. (Lots of template edits for this one...) 

I'm not sure what I want to do for the .maintitles/thead. On one hand I sort of want to keep it very simple and go with just a single colour or gradient. But at the same time a little bit with Captain's star or Iron Man's Arc reactor in the centre might be cool too. (Thoughts here?)

Here's an updated look of the theme.

Spoiler

EF - Civil War 3.jpg

• Admin

I like it. I think for sure that the header needs a pop color. I like the idea of the shield to reactor in the middle. If that isn't something that you want to do make Black or Red?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an updated screenshot of the index with the new thead.

Spoiler

EF%20-%20Civil%20War%204.jpg

I tried with a graphic of the Arc Reactor but I had to scale it down so much to get it to be visible that it really didn't look good. (The shield looks much better.)

Thoughts on this? Better? Worse? Have a better idea for a part?

• Admin

I don't think it's bad, it certainly makes it pop. I think I would likely change the background color to something more neutral like a dark grey to make it feel more natural. It feels a little too "samesy" with the background color being the same as the forum background color.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

So something more like this then?

Spoiler

EF%20-%20Civil%20War%205.jpg

• Admin

Yes! That's amazing! I love it.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Thanks for all your help Morrigan.

(The actual version of this skin has been uploaded to the site now and is set as default. There are likely still more tweaks I need to do, but I can't think of them offhand.)

• I read this! 1