• Announcements

• Morrigan

Please don't PM me questions   05/18/2017

This is a very important thing that I need to express to the members of the Initiative a little more clearly so you understand why I'm posting this message as I get a lot of PMs and random support requests regarding things on this site and it is extremely overwhelming to get these PMs.   There is a lot of stuff on the site that I manage solo. From the spotlight challenges, to the challenges (when I'm able to get to them), to archiving items, to approving items etc. We have a lot of cool features and trust me when I say I'm not saying we need to reduce because I feel everything that we have has it's place and purpose however I do, do  it all alone. (Shamelessly plugs staff wanted stuff 😉 )   So with that explained I have to explain why I'm asking that members stop PMing me questions. First off, we provide many different places that probably already answer your questions including our FAQ and our Ask Us fourm. We also provide forum avenues for you to contact the staff (in general instead of a single staff member) via our forums through the "Staff Contact Center" where you can either contact the staff publicly or privately. While it is your preference which one you put out there these avenues are more quick for you to get a response.   When you PM me (first off you'll get an auto reply with this information reiterated in it) but it's very likely I will dismiss it and get to it later. PMs are not my priority as they are used for private messages between myself and a member and not something site related which will be explained below as to how my priorities work for managing as I go:   Priorities listed in order from top to bottom regarding sites: Site/Server Down Site/server slowness Hosting issues (any of the initiative hostees having a problem) Payment issues Reported content Staff Contact Center Contact (and of the forums there) Chat Approvals Site checks (looking through forums) Roll outs of any kid that I have created (challenges, content etc) PMs Distant Fantasies   This isn't to say that your PM won't get answered however all of those other things take precedence over a PM and as you can see I'll answer you in the Staff Contact Center before I even check my PMs to see what you need.
Sign in to follow this  
Alandree

Nobles, Servants & Travellers

Site name and link: Moorland Manor
Site genre: Historical
Site info: Moorland Manor is an 18+ historical RPG set in 1899 with some horror elements. An inclusive, friendly community focusing on character development with occasional site-wide plots.
Your name: Alandree
Your primary staff account: Alandree
Contact info: PM here or on MM.

Canon(s)/role(s) requested: 

Noble Families

Lady Yakova Muzuran
av_yak.png
The baby of the Muzurans, and the most quiet. Yakova found their invitation here thoughtful, and looks favourably on Kelvin's new family. She is enchanted by the English moorland, and often takes rides on her horse to explore, even though she abhors the mud. She is intent on making friends with Julienne, but might feel something a bit more for her brother René.[/align]

[align=left]Sisters in the 'Cult of Hecate'
(All Hecate descriptions/bios are optional, these are essentially placeholders until we get better ideas, unless you actually dig these ones, then that's cool too!)[/align]

[align=center]
Jingfei "Queen Mab" Qui
hec_01.png
The former owner of a London opium den, she unwillingly left the city life behind her to join the sisters nearly a decade ago. After being unable to pay her rent, she and her family (her husband and five children) were evicted from the building that housed their establishment. Several were arrested for various charges, both proven and suspected. While in a jailhouse, she met a Sister of Hecate, and they both escaped together. Unfortunately, she has yet to see her family again, and suspects that most of them are dead or in the London Gaol for life.

Oksana "Baba Yaga" Ivanov
hec_02.png
The eldest sister, some say it was she who began the cult, and that she is indeed the real Baba Yaga of legend, who fled from Russia to Europe after the townspeople were to burn her house on hen's legs to the ground. She has never talked in detail about her past, but dutifully acts as mother and grandmother to all, despite the menace of her nickname's sake.

Prudence "Morgana" Timms
hec_03.png
Once the wife of a wealthy white merchant, until his death nearly two decades ago. Some say she was displaced and shunned from her home after he died, which was why she sought a better life for herself among the sisters, along with her son Dembe, who is an honorary male member. They only recently reunited after he passed through Madsmoor on business as a carpenter and house builder. He decided to stay with her and help the Sisters with their business and construction of their new home in Menka's Bog.[

Marina "Oizys" Johnson
hec_05.png
Her mother escaped slavery in the Southern United States many years ago, and made a modest life for herself as a tradeswoman in Scotland for some years. It is unclear why Marina decided to join the Sisters, but some say that she became estranged from her family in her late teens when she was sent to the Bedlam asylum.[/align]

In addition, we have completely open slots for some servant positions:

• 1st Footman
    Next in line to replace the butler. Represents the estate's grandeur. Accompanies the lady of the house on shopping expeditions, serves the family meals and assists the butler in his duties. 
  • Undercook
    Prepares meals for the staff, answers to the Cook and all other upper staff. Can be an apprentice learning to become a cook themselves. May have risen from the ranks of a maid or footman position.
  • Head Gardener
    Management and upper staff. In charge of the ground and game keepers. Ensures grand estate's grounds are impressive and presentable to guests.

Other notes: There are more, lower level servant positions, but these are the ones we need the most right now.

Edited by Alandree

Awards