Awesome thread titles

Morrigan

• Admin

So something that people constantly struggle with are thread titles so this is a thread to both get ideas and share some triumphs of funny thread titles.

To start off with I think one of my favorite threads titles to date is "Fucking Hot" and in second was "Fucking Hot 2".... Why? Just because it was stupidly amusing to me.

Another good one that I have is "How's your nose?" where a character had punched the other character in the nose in a previous thread so all the fun lulz for that. So share some titles.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I hate coming up with thread titles, it really is one of my least favourite things about rp.  I will just use a title that has to do with something that is happening in the thread or a song title.  Like I have a character who just found out he has a bunch of half siblings and is meeting them all for the first time and I named the thread Meeting the Half Siblings.  But really thread titles are a royal pain in the butt most of the time.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

Song titles. I use and abuse song titles. 9/10 it's the song I'm listening to when I end the thread, or lyrics from it.

Or in the instance that I have a character who's PB is a musician, I use specifically THEIR song titles. It's worked out pretty good so far. People think I'm clever, when I'm really not. :D

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 1

LAMSig.png.4a4090b379562b2600cc05eefdbfa826.png

I always use song lyrics. Always. Unless it's a joint log and the other person sent the starter and titles it first. But other than that.

Favorites included three logs in a row that had successive lyrics from The Derelict (yknow, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum) for an away mission that introduced the pastafarian minister brother of my character. Or when I used lyrics from the nightwish song Dead To The World to foreshadow upcoming character death. And then recently "All The Sinners, Saints" from The Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil when Amelia encountered a Section 31 agent with some bad news

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I pull a lot of inspiration from lyrics and reading -- short, sweet lines. One of my favorite titles to date was a conversation exchange between two rather "evil" characters who didn't believe either one of them to be so, but others had such a view of them. Anyway, their initial meeting was titled "The Devil in the Details."

So, anything that subtly hints to the feels contained within make me happy.

• I read this! 1

PuW4FhW.jpg
INDEX • PLOT  •  CANON LIST  • WANTED ADS

Usually it's either a reference to a song, a book, a quote... or something more mundane, but still related to the topic. Some of mine?

"Let justice forge its path! " - a court martial

"The last jig" - the mutineers' execution (the last jig is the hempen jig, the one where the provost pays the fiddlers)

"Dancing swords and missed words" - several people meeting far away from their homeland, from a dance. (So the swords are part of the dance for which they meet, and the missed words were their mother tongue).

"Can this be called courting?" (indeed, had ever anyone else thought about courting a prostitute, instead of buying her favours?)

"Truth lies in a drunken man's mouth" - I tried to translate a proverb with this; and it's about a concerned friend taking home a drunken one before a scandal might ensue...

On a site I had a sort of a series too - all three threads having in common songs and guitars:

"Serenade for a dead pirate"
"Serenade for a redhaired beauty"
"Serenade for a cheated husband... or two"

@Honorem: I had once "A grilled siren", in the same way of thinking like you - it was the pirate ship "Caribbean Siren" which got "grilled" by two Navy ships (with cannonades and fire arrows) and it got sunk ultimately.

Edited by Elena
  • I read this! 1

I LOVE puns, word twists, and any "pop culture" quotish that fits the theme of the thread. However most of the time I use some general theme of the thread. A couple of my favs have been:

Tea Time with Mrs. Nezbit - my imp and an evil demon child playmate kidnapped one the Big Bad's minions during a huge board-wide plot event and had a tea party in the middle of the war zone.

Holy Vampire, Batman! - my vampire went somewhere she wasn't supposed to be (holy ground) in order to speak with a frenimy about a third party.

• I read this! 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

My favorite one right now is Mad World, in the middle of it is a skull font. 

It's  about Harley Quinn, before she becomes the infamous villain she is today. :) Plus i love the little skull in it. xD

Edited by Poison

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I make a thread title, I try and make it somehow about the thread, either by making a short one-liner commentary about the first post, such as setting or character I'm using, or as an idea of where I'm trying to head with that thread, meaning where I want to end up. I'm very specific in that I prefer to tell stories instead of standard "let's be random" rp and that I think makes me difficult to deal with sometimes. I like both, I admire the people who have the talent to go wherever, but for my style I need a plan and a goal, it seems. Once I have a general idea of what I want to say about the thread, depending on how serious I want it to go, I'll either try to incorporate symbolism or a stupid-punny joke into it.

• I read this! 4

• Admin

I just made one that I think is amusing and I should share. My character is a Raccoon Shapeshifter and so the thread title is "Raccoon Meet Trashcan".

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

I've used song titles. Sometimes... it's a line from the post itself. Othertimes a reference to the location - or what I tend to have happen. My favorite are the ones I do on accident - I named a thread Heaven's a Lie and I hadn't ever heard the song before. ... It was pretty great becasue my RP partner sent me the song like this is what you did.

I've also had things like. um. "Touching Darkness" was a favorite - Princess Ursa going down into the prison block to see her husband and ask him questions that she refused to ask her son.

One of my partners put together "Strangling Sensei Is Bad" in which Toph (sensei, in this case) abandoned her student and her bodyguard to having lunch together. It was cute.

• I read this! 2

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

• 2 months later...

I think my favorite thread title I've ever come up with was: "You're Under Arrest!" - Bun's Heart, Probably

My character had a heart attack in that thread.

I have a morbid sense of humor.

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 1

• Admin

I have a few new ones:
50 Shades of White - The character it is for holds a position called "The White" on the site.

Hotdogs & Murder

Triple D (Dudes, Drinks and Discussions)

Icy Hot - Two magical people that are hot and cold meeting for the first time.

I'm sure I have more but those

• I read this! 2
  • Like 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png