Awesome thread titles

Morrigan

I'm especially fond of titles with double meanings. My two favourites:

'Roped In', in which my character was doing an assault course and got rope burn on his hands, and another character had to come help him learn how to do it properly.

'The Wrong Sort', in which my character's younger sister was Sorted into the 'wrong' house, and thus was around the 'wrong sort'.

Bonus shout out to 'Bludger to the Face, You Big Disgrace', in which my character hit a Bludger at his cousin who he sees as something of a blood traitor and a traitor to himself. It's probably the most popular thread title I've ever given.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the gems from my current board include:

• CINNABUNS, HUN
  • LIFE IS PRECIOUS... MAYBE... SOMETIMES
  • ESCAFAIL DEVICE

I'm very to the point on titles sometimes. Such as, the first two threads in our current event that I started are TIME FOR A CUNNING PLAN (in which we plan) and PREPARATIONS (in which we prepare for things).

rpgd-sig-banner-white.png

The stage is set. The war is on. Now we just need you.

• 2 weeks later...

'Fxxck off, Courtney' is probably still one of my favorite thread titles that I've had to date.

Another personal favorite is 'Hanging On By A Thread' which featured by wizard boy getting dumped in a robe shop. The irony of the title was great. 

'Overconfidence is a flimsy shield' also gets a mention. Never thought I'd use Overwatch voice lines as a thread title until it happened.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Lo Fidelity

I feel a little outclassed! I just use puns. Really... really horrible puns.

I don't wanna get to into it. There are just some things that aren't meant to be forgiven...

• 2 weeks later...

I do a lot of song titles and song lyrics, sometimes I'll get cheeky with puns if I can. I'm always disappointed in myself when the thread title is just what the thread's about.

One I was particular proud of is a scene where Alex Wilder from the show Runaways is looking for his friends at a college campus, and so I titled the thread "So Rowdy for Eighteen" because they have very action packed lives for 18 and 19 year olds and that's a memorable line from School Days... by The Runaways. I felt SO clever.

• Love 1

E5zAKhe.gif

Since our site started all I've used is song lyrics--with the exception of a singular thread. I enjoy sifting through lyrics to find titles although I do love the puns people throw in, or ones that have a double meaning for the characters. My current favourite is 'Buff isn't just a nailpolish color'.

luxaf.png

• 1 month later...

Shift Happens is a favorite of mine that I've totally shamelessly reused for my shapeshifters.

Ducking Trouble for my duck themed character. Can you tell I like puns?

Moros and Mercury -- For a thread involving Batman and the Flash. I tend to use a lot of mythology references in my superhero games.

5at4pq.gif rRJM42.png

I have a list of 300 song lyrics, TV show episode titles, comic book issue titles, etc. that I think would be good thread names (and it's gotten me some notoriety on one of the sites I'm on), and the one I'm most looking forward to using is "On our feet we are fatal" for a big fight thread. Other highlights have been "When we dance, it looks just like fire" and "The cellar door is an open throat"

I have sooooooooooooo many issues trying to come up with thread titles! It's something that I'll agonize over for days at a time. I really don't know why, but I guess I just feel that the title to any given thread should give some indication as to what happens in the thread itself (which is stupidly hard given that you never really know what's going to happen in a thread 😵).

One of my favorites was actually "Softer Moments"

mFOWUnt.png
HOME | LINK BACK | PLOT

It's been seven hundred years since a great plague has swept the galaxy, devastating the Jedi and Sith and leaving civilization in ruins. From these ashes, three fledgling empires have arisen, resilient and powerful; the Corellians, the Hutts, and the Mandalorians. Will you pick a side and lead your people to glory? Or will you lurk in the shadows, bent on nothing but your own goals? Step into the Dark Age and carve your name into the stars.

rJP1Oql.png
PLOT|RULES|WORLD|BEGINNER'S GUIDE |RACES |WANTED ADS|ADS AND AFFILIATES

Scoobies hunting down monsters (it's exactly what it sounds like. Kids hunting monsters in the forest.) 

Kiss me with your fist (a line from a song)

1004 (means angel, it's about a celestial relationship)

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

Can't help it @Zozma

• Thank you 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I recently had a pair of threads involving attempted murder. Naturally, I named them "Dangers in the Dark" (cute little human girl gets attacked by a lycanthrope) and "Dangers of the Deep" (Sea Siren tries to eat a dudes face off) respectively. Especially because the events are happening in similar timeframes. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Haha! @Morrigan It was actually from this song:

It's for a pairing that I like that's pretty mismatched. 

• LOL 1

Reality is an illusion. 

• 3 months later...

My favorite thread title of all time was I Pita the Fool, which was a thread started by a baker character that got into a fight.

Hands down the best.

• LOL 1

2vyeCC8.jpg

RULESBEGINNER'S GUIDELOREADVERTISING

We're a 3-3-3 freeform medieval fantasy RPG! Come have some coffee (or ale) with us and have a good time! <:

• 2 years later...

There are three instances that are favourites in terms of thread titles for me...

1. Every thread title started was the name of a song from the same band. We basically went until we ran out of titles that made sense for the threads. It was a fun challenge.
  2. We started with a thread title like Magic in this Madness and then we just continued with the theme; we'd take the first word and move it to the end then continue the pattern.
  3. "The Cake is a Lie" a thread in which there was no cake. There was supposed to be cake, cake was mentioned, but the cake never came. It is silly but amusing.

One that gets a special mention though would be This Little Piggy in which several characters released pigs into a supermarket (it was a follow up to releasing them into a mall and stealing them from their father's farm).

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.