Awesome thread titles

Morrigan

Pleasures of Wealth

A Wealth of Pleasures

Threads between two really rich characters that are now one of the cutest couples on the site.

• I read this! 2

• 1 month later...

Once nearly gave an admin a heart attack. We were on a PG-13 proboards site with a thread titled "Sax on the Beach"

We've also had "Phone Sax"

• LOL 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2016 at 4:48 PM, mellomeme said:

Song titles. I use and abuse song titles. 9/10 it's the song I'm listening to when I end the thread, or lyrics from it.

Or in the instance that I have a character who's PB is a musician, I use specifically THEIR song titles. It's worked out pretty good so far. People think I'm clever, when I'm really not. :D

Song titles and lyrics, yes! You can make yourself sound pretty profound. xD

PLAGUED

Post-Apoc | Supernatural | Zombies

Lockdown - Characters stuck in a hotel locked down by security to shoot to kill.

Lockup - Characters captured by the bad guys.

Lockin - Breaking someone who's locked in a prison.

Lockout - Found an expensive prototype device which requires decoding.

Edited by Honorem

"Are You Stronger Than a Fifth Grader?"

My character, who was nine, was getting beat up by some fifth-grade bullies, and her guardian stepped in to help. I couldn't resist making that joke. 

E98pZGb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I love comin' up with thread titles :> If I can't come up with something on the fly while writing the thread (usually thinking I'm very funny or profound), I'll just google [theme] quotes or [theme] lyrics - goodreads quote section is a veritable treasure trove. 

Recent ones: 

Dance a Measure - from the goodreads quotes, used for an open thread where my char whisks an innocent bystander off to the dance floor 

Oh, to be among the stars - memory thread of the above mentioned char, whose always dreamt of being among nobility 

First Night Magic - another open; a young witch who seeks help and comfort in the forest after their first real magical endeavors went horribly wrong. 

• 10 months later...

I ADORE using quotes or a song and twisting them to fit the scenario.

My favorites being "I've Got Sand in my Suit" - Play on Toy Story's "I've got a snake in my boot" .... but my character is wearing a suit in the desert?

Or two villains in Tangled looking for the enchanted flower "Flowers that Gleam and Scheme"

Just because I am corny as heck... >>;

Scene titles (threads) are probably the bane of my life. I like them short, sweet, and descriptive of the scene. If not fully descriptive, at least touching on a fragment of the scene.

I use a variety of resources for titles: Song titles, lyrics, poetry, quotes from quote sites, all are good title fodder. For my American wild west game, I browse episode titles from old westerns. I've found some great ones by doing that!

My current favorite is from my western's last episode, For Whom the Rooster Crows. It was an open scene designed for anyone to tag into while my main character was working around the barns, etc. Sadly, I was the only one that got the title. Oh well.... We can't all be Hemingway.

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I think my favourite had to be a series of “shadow” based ones.... the first one was “Shadows from the Past”, because it was a father running into his baby momma after about 18 years (and after she left him with their child to become... essentially a sleeper agent, ie working from the shadows). Then we followed up with “Shadows Into Light” which was when he learned about what she’d been doing and offered to help... then “Light Disguised As Shadow” because he was now helping her (and also happened to be a fair-featured dude in comparison to her darker features). 

eledriasister.pngworsister.png

I base my titles loosely on something I hope will happen or is planned to happen in a thread, or about the goal/or traits of the character i'm using. A cook out might be called 'fireproof'.  A thread where i want a character to be roughed up might be called 'poke and prod'.  sometimes I take words from the setting such as a title like 'golden hill,'  or 'silent night'. If all else fails, i take words straight from my last paragraph in my post,

I usually do not use lyrics cause I don't connect to most songs enough to feel like they fit. I have used "only an expert can deal with a problem" in a thread about a troublemaker, but that's about it.

• I read this! 1

I am terrible at coming up with titles, I have to say. I find mine all ridiculous, but finding titles is hard!

The ironic part is that I have a list of possible titles, and I go through it and remove the ones I used. I just had Microsoft Word count for me, and there is currently 236 unused ideas in this list.

They're mostly song lyrics or bits of quotes, or loosely translated lyrics. Sometimes with words or theme swapped, kind of to cannibalise the poetry of the lyrics and make them fit the context. I add to the list whenever an idea strike me, and sometimes make up my own, but then it makes them hilariously bad in my eyes the next time I read through the ideas.

Despite the list, it's still hard to have them fit.

Edited by D-S
oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

• Operations Mod

One of my favorites was a thread involving the break up of a couple that was a site favorite at the time, which I titled Sinking Ships.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 3 weeks later...

I'm jumping on the bandwagon of "I name my posts after song titles."

My two favorites:

"Wow, I can get textual, too"

in which my dude summoned a succubus using a cell phone

and 

"I slept with someone in SA and all I got was this stupid thread written about me"

since my character had slept with over 10 other characters at this point

• LOL 1

I had once upon a site a series of "Serenades" (2 involving a character who played guitar and sang actual serenades, and in the third, a man with a heavy conscience heard a fitting song from the open door of a tavern): "Serenade for a dead pirate", "Serenade for an auburn-haired beauty" and "Serenade for a cheated husband... or two" - as the one who had an affair with the boss's wife just learnt that his own wife was being unfaithful to him.

I use songs, puns, quotes, or simply suggest what's the thread about. "Doomsday" was about 4 ships sinking in a battle, and the next thread was called "Victory a la Pyrrhus", because the victorious ship sank later due to the damages too. "Dancing swords and missed words" was about compatriots recognizing each other from a tune of a sword dance, so the missed words were the mother tongue, as they were oceans away.

• Like 1