Earning Items In Game

Morrigan

I like an even balance of both. To have canonically-rare species, for example, or god weapons/items/etc, things like that, you gotta earn it - but I don't like to limit creativity (it's what we're known for, after all xD), so I also allow my members almost complete free rein! It's worked out wonderfully so far. (:

• Love 1

I've played plenty of sites where you had to earn currency and buy items to either improve or in the case of some animal rpgs. Buy items with points for future characters. Such as a coat color, or a marking. I enjoy it, as it gives you a reason to post, and plot with others to earn that item that you want.

• Love 1

szKNk6.png

• 2 weeks later...

My site has a mixture of an in game shop for humans where you gain money through posting, then you can buy new weapons, items, or skills. Then we have a progression system for dragons and shapeshifters(animal) based on post. It's based on Fire Emblem so depending on what class you are changes what weapons you can use, you can start off with a more experienced character called a 'pre promote' which is the second level of a class as well a loan. They get to start off with a better weapon but in the negatives in money to keep them more balanced in terms of equipment compared to somebody that chose not to start with that option.

• 1 month later...

Our group allows each member to start with a basic weapon and some currency. Enough to buy a nicer weapon or more, but not enough to upgrade it to something really special, like a weapon with a burn effect for example. A unique feature we offer is for members to pay a small in game currency fee to join the Sandbox. They can propose new weapons, armor, items, etc and get paid for the creation of the item or the item they create for free. We have had some really incredible ideas proposed and approved that brings our members and their characters more into the universe we have created.