Favorite Fonts

Morrigan

When I ran my Star Wars fan fic sites, I used to use Star Jedi, Shadow of XizorSF Distant Galaxy, and TIE Wing a lot. (There were probably others, too, but I can't recall their names.)

Beyond Wonderland is one I used to use a lot back then, for general forum graphics.

I don't tend to use a lot of fancy fonts these days, in part because I don't have a decent graphics program any more and most of the fonts only work well if you can put effects on them to make them stand out against the background. If you can't make them slightly transparent, or have a line around them I find they can blend into the background and it's not that easy finding a colour that's readable when you don't have a good graphics program.

• 1 month later...

As a wannabe author, my favorite font to use in Word and whenever I'm allowed to get away with it is Bookman Old Style. Literally I'd write my papers in school with this font because I thought it (plus justify) looked so much cleaner and more professional than Times New Roman and especially Ariel.

For my RP, my favorite font is Starmix, which we use for big things like name displays and titles of things. It's also the font I use on our advertisement graphic!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably Montserrat? I don't know why, but it is so appealing to my eyes.

tumblr_inline_mi4wioKiIr1roozkr.giftumblr_inline_mi4wi5wYHQ1roozkr.giftumblr_inline_mi4whxLHiF1roozkr.gif

Join ODL's Discord!
xuv911.png  xSxavN.png
NTRL coming eventually.

• 1 month later...

Megrim

Rajdhani

VT323

A few of my favourites. There are always too many to choose from through... I end up scrolling through GF for eternity instead of choosing one... xD

• 2 months later...
Guest Arantor

I'm really boring where fonts are concerned but I'm fairly 'industrial' in that respect. For headers/banners I'm partial to the heavier weightings on Lato (especially the Black weight), and for lots of words, I tend to favour Merriweather as it seems to be elegantly readable on any device.

Though I have been known to go piratical and use Tradewind for a few things over the years. (Hmm, this makes me feel like I'm missing some steampunk/pirate RP in my life!)

I get SO much mileage out of Proxima Nova and Open Sans at work.

Glub glub.

• 2 weeks later...

I will forever have a love for Times New Roman 12 px. It's classic and it looks sooo good to me.
Also, Oswald. I loooove oswald. Simple and very neat.

lipsbanner.jpg

Red Light District Role-Playing.

Adult role-playing forum.
Fulfill your fantasies in the Red Light District.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of favorites. I really like Quicksand and Montserrat for my post bodies. I'm tinkering with some jcink skin ideas for funsies and I've been playing with Julius Sans One and Six Caps for header/menu stuff. I also really like the sort of sharp look of Tajawal for lots of text. 

Edited by Jones
bc I'm too dumb to properly link things

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

Merriweather and its sibling, Merriweather Sans.

The sans version kind of reminds me of um. Shoot, what's the name of it. Trebuchet. Without being... Trebuchet. Lol (Speaking of, love me some old school Trebuchet.) The serif has got to be the prettiest serif I've ever seen. I even like it better than Georgia. Wild. I never thought I'd love something more than Georgia.

And Tahoma. Specifically, Tahoma and 14px with 16px line-height. Yaaaaaas!! If it's not Merriweather Sans, for content, it'll be 14px/16px Tahoma.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)