Is your character ruled by emotion or logic?

Morrigan

I'd have to say logic. she a bit more reserved than other characters I have played. Probably not someone that really wants to display a whole lot of emotions either.

• 2 months later...

Let's see...

• Evelyn is highly impulsive, she's essentially the embodiment of mania. So to say any amount of logic exists in there is a joke - but I'm sure if enough emotional sway was used, some logic could get sprinkled into the side as a present. Like sprinkles on an ice cream cone.

• Alexandria (essentially a past version of Evelyn, to some degree) is a mix of the two, usually relatively logical, but a thrill seeker. So she can be rather unpredictable in her goals of escaping the past and avoiding the future. 

• Dresden is a leader of pirates and has a morally ambiguous attitude; he's not against being the big bad evil guy when he feels it's beneficial, but he has displayed a soft spot for the weak and stupid. He even saved a kobold who was abandoned by his group and made him a member of his crew. He also risked his life to save a mute child, twice.

• Kozek is essentially a drunk who thrives on a code of ethics born from survival and harsh life lessons; logic isn't something he's against, but he much prefers the easy and aggressive approach if it can be used.

• Krill is a nomadic harpy-like man who's highly logical as well as charismatic.

• And finally Azrael, who's too empathetic for her own good and often acts as the voice of reason for her group; thus earning her the position of party-mom (much to her dismay...). 

I think for the most part a lot of my characters are either both, or far-leaning to the emotional side. Which a sliver of logic here and there for grounding. I try to keep characters different enough from each other to be able to tell new stories, but a lot of the time similar traits of escapism tend to leak in due to my own wanderlust. Which is in turn an emotional and sometimes reckless trait to have.

Ah well ~

Hmmm  It depends on the character.

Kia is ruled by a little of both. 

Richard is emotion

Gray is both

Gideon is weirdly both

Alek is emotion

My Fey are a batch of both

My shifters is probably 1/4 emotion the rest logic

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

Acacia "Cacey" Callahan - Emotion

Adelaide "Addy" Locke - Emotion

Aksinya "Sin" Agmundsson nee Demidova - Logic

Anika "Annie" Tyrsson nee Costello - Emotion

Antigone "Tig" Alexander - Emotion

Callidora "Dora" Sarantos - Logic

Emmaline "Lina" Grewer - Logic

Evangeline "Eva" Costello - Emotion

Idunn Agmundsdottir - Emotion & Logic in equal measure

John Chapman - Logic

Lila Torbensson nee Bendtsen - Emotion (Logic? What's that?)

Ophelia Salix - Logic

Ryleigh "Rye" Wilson - Logic

Serafina "Sera" Augustyn - Emotion

As you can see, it varies from character to character with me. But the majority of them are more emotional than  they are logical

siggy

For me it very much depends on the character, like most people here have said.

Characters like Annalesia and Kalina and Lexi are very ruled by logic but then I have characters like Raven and Aj and Nora who are more emotion focused. On my current list, I would say that the vast majority of my characters fall into the logic & emotion in balance camp for various reasons. This is, of course, excluding characters like Emma and Sirena who are...a little bit crazy and thus their logic is screwed so it's not an accurate measure of their approaches.

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.

I find a lot of mine are ruled by emotion. Even the ones I play that I think are logical I've had comments from writing partners how emotional they are lol. So I'll go with mostly emotional.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

Thats a tough one. I would say its an equal mixture for the majority of my characters. I've had a few who are very much led by emotion alone though. Those ones tend to be the most unpredictable, chaotic, and dangerous. They can be rather difficult to play for those reasons. 

On 5/29/2021 at 6:06 PM, Fox Spirit said:

Thats a tough one. I would say its an equal mixture for the majority of my characters. I've had a few who are very much led by emotion alone though. Those ones tend to be the most unpredictable, chaotic, and dangerous. They can be rather difficult to play for those reasons. 

What's funny is that my character that's ruled by emotion is by far the easiest character to play. But then again she's an over dramatic girl who uses words like tragedy far too often that the meaning of the word has been lost. 

Meanwhile it's my character ruled by logic that tends to be the hardest one for me. They're far too calculating and I end up going into their posts thinking I know exactly what they're going to do, but instead they end up much colder and crueler than I had set out to write. 

Signature.gif.f990d17d00a304eecbd3578bd5de4cf5.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 12:44 PM, Pam said:

What's funny is that my character that's ruled by emotion is by far the easiest character to play. But then again she's an over dramatic girl who uses words like tragedy far too often that the meaning of the word has been lost. 

Meanwhile it's my character ruled by logic that tends to be the hardest one for me. They're far too calculating and I end up going into their posts thinking I know exactly what they're going to do, but instead they end up much colder and crueler than I had set out to write. 

I agree! They are easy to play. My biggest issue is that other role-players that I'm writing with will expect something out of a thread, but the character does something completely different. Thats usually where the trouble arises for me. The unpredictability can be uncomfortable for some players in my experience.

10 hours ago, Fox Spirit said:

I agree! They are easy to play. My biggest issue is that other role-players that I'm writing with will expect something out of a thread, but the character does something completely different. Thats usually where the trouble arises for me. The unpredictability can be uncomfortable for some players in my experience.

See but that's where the fun is! I love threads that I don't know the direction it's going to take. If I wanted everything planned and predictable I'd write a book. The unknown is part of the reason roleplaying is so fun. 🙂

Signature.gif.f990d17d00a304eecbd3578bd5de4cf5.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, Pam said:

See but that's where the fun is! I love threads that I don't know the direction it's going to take. If I wanted everything planned and predictable I'd write a book. The unknown is part of the reason roleplaying is so fun. 🙂

I agree! I love when something I didn't see coming happens. But everyone has their own preferences, as unfortunately, I've written with people who weren't exactly understanding. 

• 1 month later...

Most of mine tend to be ruled by emotion over logic, even the ones that think otherwise. 

My character tries to go by logic. That's how she likes to perceive things and analyze things. But, her emotions do get the best of her and easily persuade her away from logic for a more emotional response.

AFF1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

A combination of the two! If I had to pick just one, though, it would be logic. 

❤️

• 1 month later...

Remi is undoubtedly ruled by her emotions, which is problematic in her MC world, but makes for dangerously fun times!