Is your character ruled by emotion or logic?

Morrigan

• Admin

Does your character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination of the two?

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vesta s a little bit of both. The things she desires are always emotionally tied to her. However her execution in obtaining those desires is an exercise in practicality - and often with the "long game" in mind.

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think all my characters might be ruled more by emotion than logic except Kieran may be ruled by logic more than emotion.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

Ben is ruled by a destructive mix of the two. Aka. When he should be rational, he's probably emotional and vice versa.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 1 month later...

Overall, I'd say a mix. One particular character, except for thoroughly enjoying tormenting a co-worker (who rightly deserves it), doesn't feel a lot of emotion and doesn't particularly enjoy it. Another one, or another half of one, is mostly ruled by emotion and whims, and very rarely thinks about consequences unless they apply to their other personality.

muEzlN.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Kalani is a very emotional character due to his past. He served in the Chinese military for four years and the things he witnessed made him wish he had never made that decision. He has nightmares, post-traumatic stress disorder, and has difficulty trusting others.

Edited by Niasma_Haruki2365
Incorrect word

Niasma

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I would say over all mine are ruled by both. It truly depends on the situation which one wins for control of the decision making process, except for Vincent King of the Seelie - he is emotion

spacer.png

My characters tend to be logically emotional.

prombutton.gif.4e1b8312b0a3ebfb0391e63b7642d233.gif *  
{  18+ star trek | sandbox | no wc/ac | lazy lit   } NOVA  }

Different characters, different levels on the sliders.

The characters I write most frequently tend to lean toward flawed logic, often at war with their emotions. But I've definitely got characters whose emotions are more a driving force.

Basically, whatever ruins their lives the most poetically.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

• 1 year later...

Definitely lean toward a blend in mine. Probably with some favoritism toward emotion. The current roster feels reasonably balanced in and of each character. Shane thinks he follows common sense and reason, but has a really hard time abandoning old, comfortable ways even in the face of clear evidence that they're mistaken. Tiffer (Joshua) is methodical and strategic, but also clings hard to compassion because he fears where his position of power could lead if he did otherwise. William is good for a laugh and likes to do where impulse leads, but if it comes down to demonstrable danger and survival, he can become pretty cold and mechanical.

Jimmy's the only one who really hits only one way. That kid is all heart, no head.

Definitely have some blends, definitely have some who lean hard in one way or another.

My favorite child is all guts and feeling, though, his brain is full of napkins. All charisma, negative intelligence, but it serves him really well!

adorable lion GIF

• 4 weeks later...

I think Mayterial would like to think she's driven by Logic alone, it's very clear that emotions and social interactions have a big impact on her and her decisions. Perhaps she's not as cold and calculating as she thinks she is, even when she's using people's own emotions against them.

Mayterial Droz

Captain

fawkes.png