Is your character generally polite or rude?

Morrigan

• Admin

Is your character generally polite or rude?

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 1 month later...

I love this one! I have a gypsy who is likely the most polite out of my whole cast. Wild-haired, exotic looking, not really the demure type, but has a thing for cleanliness which goes for manner of speaking as well. Pray don't tempt her to push a soap into your mouth. My cop character in a modern setting is rude as hell and brash to boot. My debutante has politeness to an art form, but she's more likely to drop all pretenses and be rude if she has to which includes cursing. Actually, you know what, come to think of it, most of my chars are exceedingly polite. Hrm.

HA. There is a con-man in the cast somewhere who enjoys a jolly good night of drinking, wenching, and has no manners to speak of.

Edited by kay
Remembered a rude one!
  • I read this! 1

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

• 2 months later...

Vesta makes a point of being polite and proper. If only for the show of sophistication.

Everyone else on the other hand...depends on their interaction at the time. Skie for instance, will often impose herself on people who do not know her, or force her "friends" into going places and doing things (Adventures!) that they may not be particularly fond of doing/going at the moment. Friendly, sweet, but initially quite rude compared to polite social graces.

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Lavellan is polite, but honest. So if she generally disagrees with something someone has said she'll usually find some sort of diplomatic way to say so. If it's not a big issue sometimes she might not even bother correcting them/saying her opposing view, but if she's passionate about something she'll definitely let you know about it, but still try and be diplomatic.

As a rule, though, she's always polite in conversation unless someone takes the first shot. Then she might be a little more sarcastic/bristly. 

• 8 months later...
  • Alexandria Hallows: Generally speaking outside of her occasional sarcasm, she could be seen as tolerant if not polite.
  • Evelyn Marx: Rude. Very very rude.
  • Hallen Vorne: She's very polite...until she doesn't have to be.
  • Alesana Durand: Polite to strangers, rude to friends.

• 5 months later...

Kalani is polite 85% of the time. The other 15% depends on what situation he finds himself in, what kind of mood he is currently in, and it also depends on what kind of people he encounters on his journeys throughout Sethria (the fictional world he was born in).

If he is disturbed while he is meditating , reading, or minding his own business, he will go into defense mode.

Niasma

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh my gosh! It has just occurred to me from reading this question that my characters are generally always polite! Obviously, if there is established/plotted history or reasons for my character to be rude to someone, then yeah, they will be rude, but as a general rule, without even thinking about it, they are always polite!

Kaeya is good-natured, but not necessarily polite. Alan is professional. Peer is polite and formal. 

apollostation.gif.cd7db540d2caff85d08b42abf82613f3.gif

My main character tends to lean towards polite! She doesn't enjoy being unnecessarily rude so she'd rather be civil until provoked.