Saying hello to guests

Morrigan

My co-admin and I have kind of a similar view of this.  I feel a bit awkward personally when I get called out in the cbox or discord, especially if I am just there to poke around/browse.  I will always greet people if they pop in and say hello and engage, but I like for guests to take that first step first so I know I'm not making them uncomfortable or feel as if they are put on the spot.  Less awkward silences and lack of response that way too.  This being said, I always do wonder also whether guests would prefer to be greeted or not, particularly on discord, but my gut reaction says to wait for them to say something.

Edited by The Rebel
  • Love 1

royals_rebels.gif

This is interesting. I never pre-emptively greet people in the Cbox, because they could just be browsing the site. I always greet people in the Discord... mostly because Discord tells me to, but also because it's clear that they're coming to observe interaction at the very least, which they can still do thanks to how discord works.

E5zAKhe.gif