Love Yo' Peeps (RP Partner Love)

Kaycakes

What would you do without your RP partners? 'Fess up! You love 'em.

Here's a confession of a hermit: I don't like most people. I really don't.

But without RP friends, I think I would go totally mad. There's something beautiful in partnering with someone who just clicks and makes amazing stories with you. And I found out recently how rare that is. That click. That rightness. There have been times I've considered just starting all over again because of association with complicated ties, but then I think that friendship should be unconditional as long as it isn't abused. 

Without RP friends, I'd feel very discouraged and lonely. My closest friends have been very supportive, enthusiastic, and helpful with this new project of mine. They've been there from the conception of the idea to this point. It's been fun so far! It's been hard sometimes since I'm mostly soloing, but they're amazing cheerleaders and researchers.

Without RP friends, I'd feel no need to roleplay. Sounds pretty obvious, but there it is. I think some people forget that.

• I read this! 5
  • Love 2

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

4 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I can only agree with everything you've said and add nothing. LOL

Agreeing is good. *rubs hands together* Very good.

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

be geeky with me!

• Admin

Without RP Partners I don't think I'd ever be happy. I love writing with my good friends. It's always sad to lose them though (recently lost a best friend and RP partner due to bad juju that she keeps letting back into her life) however I've gained a new one and all the OTPs of fuckedness are the best thing since sliced bread to get.

I've got a character in love with a Sociopath that loves her back in his own way. A partner and best friend that is in love with his best friend but can't just up and admit it to her. And many more.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Admin

Totes double posting because one of my RP Partners just did this.

They do a pic ship just because it pleases you and they didn't want to pick the PB. >_> And the pic that you ship actually works with their idea of the the character.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Roleplay partners/friends are just the absolute best. I find a lot of the people I click within the roleplay community to be very intelligent, wise, and fun to talk with late at night. A lot of them always end up being available to chat about anything, and the ones I've met also are much more accepting of different beliefs and identities - which is a huge refresher for someone such as myself who lives in what scared ignorant mothers call "The Projects".

I feel that I can bring up topics and things without fearing the judgment that comes with it, and building a world with someone else? Who can really ever do that IRL? I've never, EVER met another person in my area who's in a rp community. At least not one that would admit it openly.

You begin to really understand and relate to the person through the conversations you have OOC and the character interactions IC - because a lot of people end up making characters as some sort of extension of some part of themselves, be it an embodiment of a belief, a musical choice, and so on. It's all so intimate, and I wouldn't give up any of my roleplay partners. Not the ones I've lost or the new ones I gained.

• I read this! 2

On 10/6/2016 at 7:15 PM, Hysteria said:

because a lot of people end up making characters as some sort of extension of some part of themselves, be it an embodiment of a belief, a musical choice, and so on. It's all so intimate

YESH! When we first started dating, I found out my (now)Hubby loved story-building as much as I - so I told him about my RPing. He didn't have the patience to get into the writing portion of it with me, but he DID make sure to scope out all my OCs to do a little psychological digging lol

• I read this! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

On 10/8/2016 at 11:06 PM, CovertSphinx said:

YESH! When we first started dating, I found out my (now)Hubby loved story-building as much as I - so I told him about my RPing. He didn't have the patience to get into the writing portion of it with me, but he DID make sure to scope out all my OCs to do a little psychological digging lol

Ugh I'm so guilty of doing that to my partners. I'll look at their characters and then during chats or calls I'll go, "is that (insert character name) talking?" and they'll either admit to it, or stop and think on just how character-based it sounded. Sometimes it gets so intimate to where a character might actually be more of a specific trait and come out before the person themselves realizes it. For example, one of my more recent characters is super aware of how she looks, and will constantly fret over her makeup or her hair/clothing. I guess I've always liked to look good for the sake of being able to stare at myself, but never to the level she's taken it- so now I find myself doing it a lot more when I'm full of her specific muse. I know another much older character of mine who's extremely good at giving advice, so whenever I had that muse I'd become this therapist for my friends and look back on messages like, "Did I really write this??"

...I think roleplay has developed some sort of weird DID in me. Please tell me I'm not the only one who experiences this. XD

• I read this! 1

• 1 month later...

This thread needs more love! Without RP partners like @Syn, @Freya, and @SusieQ, I would be out of my mind with boredom. I gain a feeling of fulfillment from creating things that other people enjoy, and their encouragement makes me always push myself to do better than before.

• I read this! 3

2 hours ago, Gothams Reckoning said:

This thread needs more love! Without RP partners like @Syn, @Freya, and @SusieQ, I would be out of my mind with boredom. I gain a feeling of fulfillment from creating things that other people enjoy, and their encouragement makes me always push myself to do better than before.

I encourage you?

Since when? ;) 

• I read this! 2

Without my RP writing partners:

• My characters would not have done all the things they have done or be the people they have become.
  • Some storylines would never have even been thought of or created.
  • I would not have learned forum coding.
  • The current site where I admin wouldn't exist.
  • My writing would not have improved so much since my first ever post ALL those years ago.
  • I would not have so many people I care about that I have never actually met face to face.
  • I read this! 4

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising

• 2 weeks later...

So much love. I should have come back to this sooner. You guys rock with this. I have some personal ones to add to my list.

• My RP partners 'brain-jar' often. We're often on the same page, sometimes without even realizing it until one of us said it out loud. Without them, I'd never know what this weirdness and bonding was like! They're the kind of people like me who really do bond over roleplay and deal with the fact that most people don't understand that. They're like, "Well, there's more to your friendships than that, right?" Well, yes, but... nevermind.
  • Without these crazy peeps, my site wouldn't get the boost it is now. Just getting to play with each other and fill in the blanks help a lot. A LOT.
  • I'm trying to think of actual things but brain isn't cooperating. Suffice it to say, without them, I would not be getting these amazing freaking plots. It makes my life so much better.
  • Without RP partners, I wouldn't have anyone to enable. I'm an enabler. I need to enable.

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

be geeky with me!

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

Many wonderful things here, but in my case it'd have to be:

• My writing wouldn't have expanded to what it is today. The large part of this is my one RP partner, and my longest, who has this great skill with plot-webbing. I've never met anyone as good at intertwining a personal plot into their own larger plots or their personal plot mingling with other personal plots, and a thousand different other things.
  • I might never have branched out and been brave enough to diversify my character pool. Honestly, there was a time where I never touched a character deemed PoC. Not even in fantasy. I was terrified too as I saw all the trouble given to others. Some of these people I knew were PoC themselves and got tore apart by other PoCs for writing their character a certain way(too white, too ghetto, etc. were just some I'd seen back in my early RP days as criticisms) that I didn't dare try. But the writing partners I've acquired over the years are why I've ended up branching out in the end.
  • There's some characters I might not have come to love if not for writing partners. I particularly remember this one who I almost tossed. I just. . . got bored with her. I couldn't figure her out, couldn't get into writing her, etc. until my RP partners got me involved with their circle and I found her place. Finding where she fit helped me gather more about her including personal struggles she might face, and soon she was no longer boring or hard to write.
  • My coding and graphic skills might still be sitting in the rust bin. My old laptop years ago just stopped working properly. It was on its last leg, wouldn't run many programs without crashing. After a certain point I could barely run a browser for long without it dying. So I had to stop doing things like making graphics and coding. After I moved two years ago I did eventually get a new comp, but I was so rusty and dealing with health stuff that I just didn't even bother trying much to get back into doing either. Until now. Now, I'm on a site that I want to see go really far. The person running it, this is their first site and to me that's a huge deal. I remember running/making my first site! The excitement, the nerves, the pride. . . and so I want to help and have been by lending my coding/graphic skills to the best of my ability. And wanting them to be the best means a lot of work to get them out of the rusty state to something decent.

5 hours ago, LOVE ME AND DESPAIR said:

There's some characters I might not have come to love if not for writing partners. I particularly remember this one who I almost tossed. I just. . . got bored with her. I couldn't figure her out, couldn't get into writing her, etc. until my RP partners got me involved with their circle and I found her place. Finding where she fit helped me gather more about her including personal struggles she might face, and soon she was no longer boring or hard to write.

I wanna hear about this. You better tell me soon.

5 hours ago, LOVE ME AND DESPAIR said:

My coding and graphic skills might still be sitting in the rust bin. My old laptop years ago just stopped working properly. It was on its last leg, wouldn't run many programs without crashing. After a certain point I could barely run a browser for long without it dying. So I had to stop doing things like making graphics and coding. After I moved two years ago I did eventually get a new comp, but I was so rusty and dealing with health stuff that I just didn't even bother trying much to get back into doing either. Until now. Now, I'm on a site that I want to see go really far. The person running it, this is their first site and to me that's a huge deal. I remember running/making my first site! The excitement, the nerves, the pride. . . and so I want to help and have been by lending my coding/graphic skills to the best of my ability. And wanting them to be the best means a lot of work to get them out of the rusty state to something decent.

Your skills are epic. Don't even deny. I've learned so much from you as it is! By the way, that admin loves that you're sharing the enthusiasm, excitement, nerves, and pride with them. ;)

• I read this! 1

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

be geeky with me!

• Admin

Just being on the same wavelength is a fabulous thing to have with a partner. "I was thinking..." followed by a "OMG SO WAS I!".

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png