Rules people break that make you facepalm...

Morrigan

On 4/14/2019 at 10:59 AM, wicked said:

"Characters have to be 18+"

Player makes a vampire and constantly, like annoying so, states in and out of rp that said vampire is 18 but she looks 17

o.O um..ok? lol

Uhhhhh creepy much?

Our forum has TW content rules. Player returning from hissy fit hiatus *posts app full of explicit murder and self harm scenes with no TW's* 

No powerplaying. Player who's been warned repeatedly to discuss ideas with writing partners. *completely takes control of an entire thread so their character can do all the butt kicking and then complains when asked to change it to give some room for other characters to do things too*

• Cringe 2

When you have your first links set up saying "align=center" and "center". Which one works for your site type of deal and people don't post on the right subforum so when i go to your board i have the wrong code.

spacer.png

DO NOT PLAY REAL PEOPLE.

I don't know why this is so difficult to comprehend, but we KEEP ON GETTING people who want to roleplay as BTS kids... not using their face as a playby. Like, playing AS A BTS MEMBER. 

Shoo! Get outta here with that! 

• Agree 1
  • Cringe 2

Reality is an illusion. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, Belle said:

Wrongly sized avatars. We're not a board that has a lot of graphics, there aren't 3 different pics and a mini profile gif, it's just a single avatar of 200x300. The size is stated clearly in the rules. Plus, you can EASILY SEE if the avatar is the wrong size because there's a gap between it and the border and it looks dumb as hell.

Every second member still manages to mess it up though.

This, this really annoys me so much, or when they use small images and make them big and its all blurry to the point you can't see the actual picture. 

I have to say the rule that gets me the most that people tend to break? is really just lore breaking rules. Like we can't do this? Well im going to do this even though its what you said we can't do.

• Preach it! 1

user posted image                                                                                              

On 4/18/2019 at 2:54 AM, Belle said:

Wrongly sized avatars. We're not a board that has a lot of graphics, there aren't 3 different pics and a mini profile gif, it's just a single avatar of 200x300. The size is stated clearly in the rules. Plus, you can EASILY SEE if the avatar is the wrong size because there's a gap between it and the border and it looks dumb as hell.

I also get annoyed when a huge image is uploaded as an avatar, and then it's stretched all out of proportion to fit into the avatar size. If all else fails, Paint is your friend, people!

This is less specific rules, and more "loop hole" members, people that have some crazy ability of finding the most obscure loop holes to a rule than get angry when you won't let them use their crazy loophole. 

So like when a rule says "This is what X is and how it works". And they interpret it as "Well, you don't say that I CAN'T do Y." But like... We didn't say you could either....

Or those people that go so absurdly against common sense (that you as a staff never even imagined someone might try) and they get mad when you contact them because "Well you never said I couldn't do it!" Again.. .we didn't think we'd ever have to tell someone something that was common sense.... 

• Preach it! 1

"Make an OOC account and link your IC accounts to it" is literally the first rule after the general "no racism/no word count/tag your triggering content" stuff and yet a good half of our new members don't make one. Reading comprehension, people, it's a great look in a hobby built around reading... especially when it's the rules. 

• Preach it! 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, Jaxx said:

"Make an OOC account and link your IC accounts to it" is literally the first rule after the general "no racism/no word count/tag your triggering content" stuff and yet a good half of our new members don't make one. Reading comprehension, people, it's a great look in a hobby built around reading... especially when it's the rules. 

Indeed, it is one of those things that should not have to be explained, since it's in the rules. But alas, staff seem to have to explain it to someone every so often.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:52 PM, Jaxx said:

We have a similar, albeit opposite, issue. Giant letters at the top of literally every page REGISTER WITH AN IC ACCOUNT FIRST. 

As a fun bonus, there's a section for "Alias" in the registration and the number of people that OOC register and then put something totally different in there and then a third name in the box. 

It happened so often that we had to make a rule that OOC accounts, Cbox and alias should all match in an effort to avoid confusion.

• Agree 2

In an announcement monthly: "Make sure your height is properly formatted"

Above the profile field where the height is entered:  "Your character's height. Format like so: # ft. # in. "

Player: 5'1"

Me: /burns everything to the ground

IKiE2z.png

On 4/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Belle said:

I don't understand why people don't just ask for assistance with this. Even when there's a "graphics help" thread in a VERY visible spot on the forum, people will start posting with avatars too small, too big, or stretched and/or pixelated to hell. I've made it very clear too that I LOVE TO RESIZE AND FIND PICTURES FOR PEOPLE, but so few take me up on the offer, and I just do not get why.

Edited by sohvi
  • Like 1

b3.png.ddd374d50d86896978f146d1af65d1a4.png

When there's a simple AF mini profile and completion is required before your app can be accepted and people act like it's the hardest thing ever to just insert an age, occupation, and an image that could be found on google by searching 'faceclaim icons'

Alternatively, oddly-stretched and distorted avatars, even though the rules say they aren't allowed and that somebody will be willing to resize for you if you can't do it yourself. 

• Preach it! 1

On 8/30/2019 at 1:33 AM, sohvi said:

I don't understand why people don't just ask for assistance with this. Even when there's a "graphics help" thread in a VERY visible spot on the forum, people will start posting with avatars too small, too big, or stretched and/or pixelated to hell. I've made it very clear too that I LOVE TO RESIZE AND FIND PICTURES FOR PEOPLE, but so few take me up on the offer, and I just do not get why.

Agreed. I cannot stand when someone just finds a full size picture and uploads that into the avatar field, without any form of cropping, so it just appears stretched and silly. Are they really happy with that?

• Admin
55 minutes ago, Honorem said:

Agreed. I cannot stand when someone just finds a full size picture and uploads that into the avatar field, without any form of cropping, so it just appears stretched and silly. Are they really happy with that?

This is why I wish there was a standardized level of image sizes.

• Agree 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Beautiful lovely wonderful site has clear rules about metagaming.

Admin  has an insane roster of people.... who all know, like, and support each other.  Some even delegate to each other or finance each other's living expenses. At this point, it's not head-incest, it's a head orgy. 

Of course, none of the crazy shit these people do ever has any consequence in-game, because they cover for each other. 

cat facepalm GIF

Anonymous poster hash: b3db5...a85

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Cringe 2