Rules people break that make you facepalm...

Morrigan

On 9/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, graceomalley said:

Admins who put time limits on face reserves for others while having anywhere from 2-12 face reserves for themselves without a time limit. Additionally, requiring multiple posts a month when half of them don't even bother with that on one character. 

Typical "do as I say, not as I do" bs.

A long time ago, when I was doing an advertising spree, I came across an inactive site with a big rant as an announcement thread. So I clicked it, and it was the admin raving about how too many people were making X type of character, and how admin should be the only one with that kind of character. It was basically a rant about how they wanted to be the center of attention with this big bad hero status, and whining that people were daring to make similar character tropes. Needless to say, it's no wonder the place died.

• LOL 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I always get a huge kick out of folks bringing in canon characters (we're a supernatural fantasy RP, so they bring in... you know, someone from Supernatural, which we're not about) but lightly disguised. Often with the same face claim.  Cracks me up every time.

Edited by Drew
  • LOL 2

• 1 year later...

members/guests asking questions that they would know the answer to if they had actually read the rules and site guide. 

live.png

When a writing sample is requested, I find very few people actually send one. I'm not quite sure why.

How does the moon cut his hair? Eclipse it.

Powerplay. Always. I get a mistake once or twice, but it’s the basics of roleplay. That freedom of choice and mystery is what makes forum RP special. Let’s keep it that way.

owner of some website ❤️

When the site says 'must be 18+ to join' and then people ask in the site Discord something like 'it says I have to be 18+ to join... can I still join' or something like that where they're not old enough and not bold enough to lie about it.

• 10 months later...

When I join a site and staff has over 10 characters and has a rule that all characters of every member must have at least one post bi-weekly. Then proceed to only post on 1 or 2 characters and the other's haven't posted at all or even been logged into for a month. 

Having Activity Checks but immediately exempting staff and their friend's characters from it. Or, if only a handful of people post in the AC and the majority of the RP didn't, adding all of them but the new people or those that annoy the staff to the exempt list.

• Like 1

Canon hoarding. i.e. people who adopt canons to either never actually roleplay them OR who only want to roleplay them with their own characters (or maybe one other friend) but won't allow those canons to interact with anyone else.

It's fine in 1x1 settings but when you're part of a group, you need to interact and collaborate with others. 😂

• 7 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 12:35 PM, graceomalley said:

Admins who put time limits on face reserves for others while having anywhere from 2-12 face reserves for themselves without a time limit. Additionally, requiring multiple posts a month when half of them don't even bother with that on one character. 

I've seen this way too many times! Double standards are a HUGE pet peeve of mine

• 7 months later...

The primary limitation was 'vaguely humanoid'. Could be an anthro, a human, a mech, an elf, a centaur, a ghost, a faun, made-up aliens...

They got mad they couldn't be a sentient tire.

Yeah. 

• LOL 2

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Having participated in and staffed multiple Hunger Games AUs, one of my favorites is:

Hunger Games Rule (paraphrasing here): Only one can win. Odds are, your tribute will die. It's not personal. Please don't contact staff when you die and ask to be revived or Games rules to be changed.

Player: I can't believe YOU killed ME! It's still the bloodbath! I didn't even get a chance to play! Can't something be worked out?

Also want to second (or third or fourth) the comments about age requirements (yes, we require 18+, no we won't back off that just because you are a stellar writer. Come back when 18.) and the ones about "would know the answer if you read the rules." Happens way too often, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

someone joining the site and then consistently asking questions that are stated in the rules and are redirected to the rules multiple times, only to not read them at all. 

and then go on to break rules because they didn't read any rules regarding the system they're using. 

• Cringe 1