What have you always wanted to try?

Josie

I'm personally a fan of stats and game systems, and I've always wanted to try setting up an afterlife sort of RP where the new characters have to go through a certain set of activities in order to "survive," or make it to the correct area of the game. However... no instruction would be provided, and failure would result in "death" and having to start over again. It'd be really tough to figure out a way to get it done, but it's something I've always wanted to try and am always trying to figure out a solution to.

So what have you guys always wanted to try in RP

• I read this! 3

I've wanted to try a roleplay based around:

- Mass Effect

- Borderlands 2/Pre-sequel

- Ghostbusters (never had any luck getting it off the ground)

- Marvel (not sure if I'd join one based off the cinematic universe or comic one. I mean I'm not overly fond of the preoccupation with faceclaims/playbys so that kinda makes me want to avoid the cinematic universe. But I'm not sure I know enough about the comics to play characters accurately. I mean I've never really read the comics for most characters. Only character I really followed was Iron Man and even then only up to the Bleeding Edge armour.)

• I read this! 2
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• Admin

A Survival horror that actually feels survival-y. Since no one ever wants to die it's really difficult to really get into a survival horror setting. I know I once wanted to make a zombie RP that was no-app (you did have to list out weapons that your character had or earned through IC posts) that promoted deaths. So instead of "Member of the month" we were going to do "Zombie kill of the week" and "Best Death of the week" similar in style to Zombieland.

• I read this! 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I want a May=December relationship (or actually two, one the man being late 40s and the woman 29-30, and one the woman being 30 and the man 25).

I want (and this can be tied with the above) to experiment a sort of epistolary story, with people not having threads only one with the other, but either collective threads, or letters and journals.

There was something more too but I am too tired now to remember.

• I read this! 2

@Gothams Reckoning That sounds super cool and I'd be into it.

@VirusZero I agree that I'd really love to RP Mass Effect, but I've only ever seen two or three attempts at a board for that and they've all died. I love that universe, though. As for Marvel, I totally get where you're coming from - it can be difficult to find a board that you love out there. I'm gonna PM you, actually.

As for me, I've always wanted to do this cool Southern Vampire/Supernatural site and I actually did start it eventually but it didn't go as I wanted it to. :c

I also really, really want to do a false-utopia or post-apocalyptic Marvel-based world. There are so many Marvel universes out there, and since I play mainly in Marvel boards now I'd love the chance to explore something unique and different. It's one of the reasons that we recently re-vamped my site with a universe switch-up.

In addition to that, something conmen based. Leverage and White Collar are two of my all-time fave TV shows and something in that kind of style would be so fun to RP.

• I read this! 2

Find me on:

Mortal Ends   x5d17s.jpg
{Erin}   {Little Bird}

3 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I want a true to genre survival horror RP where PCs can actually die without player permission. I'm so tired of this "You cannot kill another character without permission of their player" trend, because it doesn't fit the genre.

I think this is more dependent on a community than it is any given rule. You can not have that rule and still no characters will die. It's tied to in character consequences- or a lack of them.

One of my friends once said that one of my forums was on "nightmare mode" for that exact reason. We enforce in character consequences like crazy- you do absolutely everything at your character's own risk. They could die in any thread at all, if they pick a fight with the wrong person.

On 11/25/2016 at 1:36 AM, Gothams Reckoning said:

I think this is more dependent on a community than it is any given rule. You can not have that rule and still no characters will die. It's tied to in character consequences- or a lack of them.

One of my friends once said that one of my forums was on "nightmare mode" for that exact reason. We enforce in character consequences like crazy- you do absolutely everything at your character's own risk. They could die in any thread at all, if they pick a fight with the wrong person.

We have a rule that In Character Actions = In Character Consequences and I am so tempted to create an alias account and a character and just have them do crazy things and push boundaries so that they will be punished/killed in game and, hopefully, encourage others to do the same. Alas, that alias/character is on the back burner for the moment. lol

• I read this! 1

Ever since I really started getting more confident in my language skills, I've wanted to try writing in my second language. I've always been impressed when non-native English speakers are able to write so well in English, and I want the extra practice to think and be creative in a foreign language. Unfortunately, there aren't too many people who speak the language I study, so finding a partner who could do it with me is tough.

Also, I'd like to try writing a thread entirely in verse. On one site, I wrote a post in the form of an ode and had a lot of fun with it. For some reason, limericks really appeal to me, though I don't think I could write any serious thread in limericks. Writing posts in the form of a Shakespearean sonnet sounds like fun.

• I read this! 1

• 5 years later...

I have always wanted to try a piece without dialogue! Crafting a visual only piece with someone would be so fun!

• Like 1

Valon

I've always wanted to try a true survival-based roleplay, or something heavily lore-related. I just doubt my ability to remember rules.