Why did you make your forum?

Josie

Well, let's see.

I made Tamashii no Chikai because I wanted a Bleach board that focused on the story aspects and the interpersonal and political relationships. Whether good or bad. Most Bleach boards at the time, and often even now, are full of fighting with little to no plot direction. That was back in 2007. It's undergone some evolution and is now called Embers, but it still lives and has a small cult-following.

I made Mors Indecepta, which later evolved into Hymnus Apollon, because I love Roman RPs but there's so much Rome guys, listen, it's not all just the Roman Empire! There's SO MUCH MORE BEHIND IT, and I thought a servile war would set the stage for some really neat social-problem leaned plots and serious social caste and privilege gaps that'd be fun to play with in character dynamics. Obviously, the Third Servile War, or Spartacus' War, was one of the prime candidates for that. It's evolved into an AU that is going in its own way, screw history, but that's what I love about it.

I made Crossfire (originally named Bullet Train) partly because somebody dumped it in my lap. It was previously a Dungeons and Dragons inspired magic school board set in South Korea. And the head admin decided I was a better admin and just was like here you run it. ??? Still wtf over that (I wasn't even staff, guys). I didn't know then and still don't know now much about South Korea, and I didn't feel comfortable basing it in Korea; so I moved it to my hometown, chucked the complicated DnD style magic system, mixed in some Black Jewels and then somewhere along the way we got some supernatural crime, blended in some somewhat rare races to see in modern fantasy boards (Djinnnnnn), and basically have had a blast ever since. It's just gotten moved to self-hosting a bit after its one year anniversary. I'm proud of it even if it does still piss me off sometimes by existing.

I made Imperion because... of another similar site. Tbh. To each their own, but the board's style just wasn't my jig. I wanted progress, I wanted things to change, I wanted... you know, time to move. And the admin of that other site is a very passive individual, so it's very rare anything happens IC, tbh. That's fine for some people, but not me. So I made this neat sci-fi post-apocalyptic gig, and then was like IMMA THROW POKEMON INTO IT and I did and it was magical. Imperion had been hampered by a tie to a spin-off game, though, that isn't really well-loved among the fanbase, and it actually just cut that tie and went original. Ransei est mort. Vive la Tyrrhenie!!

• I read this! 3

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

We made ours for various reasons. I have quite a few personally.

• I wanted to stick with a historical genre but diverge a bit from what I'd been on before, so I wouldn't be copying so to speak. It was time for expansion!
  • I wanted to travel far and wide, even if just in words and research. There's still so much to know about the historical aspect of the East that I'm exploring, particularly India. I thought in making this I was also offering others the same sort of opportunity. Most of us are housewives or people who can't or won't travel, but want to explore all the same. Maybe there is or will be even people who have traveled and would love to explore what they know in writing and playing.
  • I wanted a place to write with my close friends and work on openness towards others to invite them in. You know what they say, like draws to like.
  • I wanted to experiment. With coding, with graphics, with game leadership, with networking, socializing, writing, playing, and expanding new aspects of forum rp. And I wanted to all of these on my own terms.
  • I wanted an unique place to throw my characters into.
  • I read this! 7

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

• 3 weeks later...

The reason I am attempting to make Dilseachd is because the only major lion RPG out there is heavily biased and influenced by a clique. New members often join and leave within a month, while older members that have stuck around are still excluded. I wish to attempt to make a forum where everyone is welcome, will encourage people to roleplay with everyone. I know that cliques are inevitable, but I hope that even then they will still welcome new people into their cliques instead of excluding everyone.

szKNk6.png

Because I can't join other people's sites any longer if I'm not on staff. Seriously. I've tried and failed. If I can't influence the direction of a roleplay to some degree and/or have some assurance that it isn't gonna disappear on me overnight, yeah bye this is not happening. 

But on a more serious note, I created my site to reboot an old rp idea I had, and it had been a couple years where the idea had been bothering me so I finally copped out and went for it. Plus this is a chance to do things right this go around, and fix problems that I knew contributed to the death of the last site. 

• 1 month later...

I enjoy supernatural and gifted characters. i wanted to make a rp where the rules are pretty laid back and easy going as well as have members be creative and create whatever their hearts desire.

• 1 month later...

I created Maerish because I wanted to play in a world that felt like a fairy tale and allowed for completely original characters, rather than playing known / 'canon' fairy tale characters or gritty adaptions. Most stuff you can find for fairy tale RP is either Disney personified or OUAT, both of which I've tried and liked, but I was itching for something different. I did actually find one 'original' RP site - in that it's set in an original world, but still uses characters adapted from fairy tales. The world didn't feel... fairy-taly (My English is failing me rn) enough for me, either. 

So I went and made my own. It's made me very happy so far - in the week it's existed, haha! 

• I read this! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because I want to know that the place is still going to be around, and not suddenly closed overnight. And because there's not enough hard sci fi or cyberpunk. I always liked sci fi of the 80's and 90's, which dealt with just humans in the galaxy they colonised. Aliens, Blade Runner, etc.

• I read this! 2

My site came from the ashes of a similar site! Past Lives was a great sailor moon rp with a lot of potential, but it closed due to the staff not having enough time to maintain it. It was really sad, but the members stuck together and opened a new site (new story but with similar mechanics) a few months later. It's a totally different idea and gameplay than the rest of the sailor moon genre, so you can't really find anything else like it. Plus, the four of us who are on staff now are super into it and didn't want the old one to die with no legacy, so here we are today!

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

My co-admin and I made our board because we couldn't find one that offered what we were looking for. I had expressed to him how I was tired of rping at Hogwarts and wanted to branch out of it and explore the world outside of the castle walls. I'm glad I did, we now have Wicked and it's all I've ever wanted out of a post potter rpg. It's a more adult setting and with us growing up it fits right in with us and though it doesn't cater to school settings, you can have a student...they're just not the main focus or draw to the board. It took us about 3 years to plot and plan it out lol a lot of love and dedication went into it. I'm happier now than I was on any other board I've owned.

• I read this! 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

• 2 years later...
On 1/6/2017 at 9:46 PM, mystical said:

Because I can't join other people's sites any longer if I'm not on staff. Seriously. I've tried and failed. If I can't influence the direction of a roleplay to some degree and/or have some assurance that it isn't gonna disappear on me overnight, yeah bye this is not happening. 

Basically, all of this. 

And also because the few ones of the genre didn't have the canons i wanted open.

I made my own site because after removing myself from a site in which I had a major falling out with the owners, I had a very difficult time trying to integrate into a new community. On each new site I explored, I had differences of opinion on the rules or choices staff were making, and I knew it wasn't my place to tell anyone else what they were doing with their site was wrong, so I said, "Fuck it," and created my own. Having my own site means I do not have to bite my tongue and follow rules or decisions I heavily disagree with and that I can shape the community to be what I think is a good roleplaying environment. 

• Love 1

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.

There's a story. So mine is the first and only site I've ever run on my own (and with others as staff). It started at a bad time and different way than it is now. Didn't get traction so I closed down. When I had helped on another site and that was closing I felt bad for everyone that wouldn't have a home. I remembered that old site I had and revamped it a bit. That was v2.0. That didn't get traction either and everyone left. So I closed and overhauled the whole damn thing. I built it how I wanted it and remembered that many of the (albeit toxic) sites that I had been on had always told me if I didn't like things then open my own site.

Full overhaul done, new skin, and new ideas (for me) would roll out what I have today. My labor of love and coming up on 2 yrs open, something I'm proud of. Ups and downs, I have some great folks and I couldn't be happier. So that's why I did it.

• Like 1

spacer.pngDecadence

The prominent reason I set up my own board was that I had grown tired & frustrated of carting characters from site to site, making changes to them to fit various settings and not really making the long term character progression I sought because, in most instances, the boards closed or people I wrote with left for whatever reasons. Add in a touch of sifting through and hoping you come across some interesting writers and characters you can mesh with on yet another new board, the cranky old hag in me needed my own place. The goal was to create an environment of like-minded friends that would remain through highs and lulls where I wasn't at the mercy of admins closing up shop and losing everything. 

So myself and my writing partner created an ideal world for our characters to exist, fleshed out extensive lore, characters and presented the board in a format that feels like an open board without the worry of random people joining who may not fit or we may feel obliged to entertain. We can control the pace and influx of threads and it works on an invite system. Coming this December we celebrate two years, so something must be working.

• Love 2

Basically I wanted a fantasy game that wasn't a pain and a half to get into, didn't have boatloads of lore to maintain, and I didn't have to hold people's hands for. I got tired of correcting people when they broke lore, of new people coming in and breaking immersion, so here, there is no immersion to freaking break anymore. Make your blue haired pirate assassins. Whatever.

• LOL 1

Skybreak

Wuxia Oriental Fantasy