Why did you make your forum?

Josie

I wanted a supernatural write your own lore sandbox to play in. Unfortunately, I haven’t found anyone to play with yet. 😐

• Cringe 1

I got tired of my friends and me being treated poorly by admin on the sites we used to play on (web-based php MUDs), so I did a couple trial runs before finally settling on akod. It's slow to pick up, but we're enjoying being able to write what we wish to write again, rather than what the admins want us to write.

• Preach it! 1

After a few attempts at finding a forum home and after my first (and favorite) play-by-post forum ebbed into silence with time, over the course of a decade I still held a candle for that first forum, as did a handful of friends. We tried on different places and tried to settle down, but we were listless and missed things that were lost. Finally, at the breaking point of deciding whether to give up RPing at all or making something myself, some of my best writing friends and I came together and rebuilt our first love, one memory of lore at a time. The best part of this journey has been seeing previous players from literally a decade ago also show up in Discord and on the forum to play characters, all of them admitting how much they loved the lore and their pretend people just as much as we did. It is so awesome.

• Love 1

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD

I switch back and forth between writing the site for the play I want to be in and finding other sites for something I wouldn't have thought of.

BFDTRIAL.png.529db59dba91cf02803411f1d464de5d.png

• 3 weeks later...

Simply put: I needed a Resident Evil rpg in my life and I couldn't find any. And I really wanted to write Leon... and have zombies.

• Preach it! 1

I have been infatuated with the royal family for a really long time. Prince William is my age and back in the day it was a total hottie lol. The life of a royal honestly has always kind of fasitnated me, not just the prestigious of it all but the struggles that they likely have to go through having to be treated so differently. Every day functions that many folks take for granted they can't do, or can't do without their team of security. I mean can't you imagine being 16 going on a date to a movie, wanting to make out super bad but you have a team of four body guards sitting literally a row behind you? (Sure that is probably exaggerated a bit but regardless.) Because of this though, and because I really like the story of Princess Grace (Kelly) of Monaco, I decided to make my own site inspired by these two things. Something that had a royal family, a population of rich and famous folks, and then all the staff that work for them. I wanted to explore the struggles of a direct heir to the throne and then the shenanigans that the staff get into when no one is around watching. I wanted to see how all of these people would interact with one another.

So I made it. It is barely a month old, real life, and set in a foreign country. It is something I am really excited about and I hope that others become excited about it as well and decide to have fun with us and I hope my current members continue to enjoy it and be excited about all that we can do.

Platinum and Pearls

a real life rp set in a fictional version of Monaco

advertisement.png

I started my most recent site because there simply weren't any others out there for the particular fandom I wanted to explore via RP. Of course, the fandom just so happens to be the Classic 1980s Masters of the Universe (He-Man & She-Ra), which isn't anywhere as popular as other fandoms seem to be -- but with the new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix), and the fairly recently announced He-Man series (also Netflix, by Kevin Smith, aka "Silent Bob"), I was really hoping to find at least one site out there!

But, no.

So, I made mine.

Now, I need to try to obtain some members! Muahahaha!

angry he man GIF

Wish me luck! ❤️

user posted image  

• 1 month later...

I started my forums out of a desire to provide my users (on Discord) even more options and mediums through which to roleplay.  ⬅️ That's the official reason. Privately, it's because I really enjoy presenting myself with new objectives and/or challenges.

A very good friend and I brainstormed a world that keeps me inspired even on days when I don't feel like writing. I'm always at least thinking of new ideas or possible character interactions and I wanted a place where we could brainstorm and build together without worrying about being online at the same time.

My first site I made was because I was so bored of every other in the genre and nothing was unique! It was mybb slef-hosted, took months to build, we had entirely unique lore, an entire DND battle system and it was great fun. It ultimately was a site that got way too huge for me to manage with around 80 players (not characters, players) and due to my health I couldn't cope and left admin up to a nice team of amazing people who kept it going for a number of years.
This time around it's very much for the same reason - it feels like there's a new Harry Potter RPG opening every week, but none of them were the time period I love to write in (riddle-era), but until around Jan/februrary none of us had the energy to do much about it despite wanting somewhere else. I tried joining other sites late last year but none of them really did it for me, but still my friends & I were unhappy where we were on sites riddled with cliques, bullying and favoritism. I was incredibly incredibly reluctant at first, but I had so much support and a few months later we have TKM ❤️ 

Super stoked admin at

DIRECTORYAD.gif

I have started my site because I wanted a place to continue to write my character Flahme along with her husband, Janus. The site we used prior to this had mechanics I couldn't work with anymore and it took the enjoyment out of writing Flahme there. On top of that there was no way it was going to change so it was time to move on.

Since I enjoy being able to write my characters any way I choose I have created a site that allows just that with very little prescription on what this or that type of creature should be like. This is a totally new experience for me but I wasn't keen on tumblr and really enjoy the forum setup so decided to go for it and make my own. It is very plain in comparison to the beautiful sites out there, but I'm guessing most people started out like me. I have the tiniest knowledge of html and css, so any changes I manage feel like monumental achievements. At some point I would like to afford a skin and all the pretties but for now I most want a place to write my girl and any other characters in a safe space.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

I've made my current site because I couldn't find a Sailor Moon RP that I could gel with. It has definitely been a learning and evolving process with name changes, plot changes, character development, expansion, downsizing, you name it. I wanted to make an RP that was a bit more grounded and depart from the typical junior high, magical girl tropes.

• 1 month later...

In 100% honesty, my current site came about as a happy accident. Originally, the site was going to be a Southern Gothic kinda deal cause I'm a sucker for that shit. I'll just say there were vampires, my own offshoot species, and an underground culture. I don't even honestly remember when the idea took such a sudden shift, but I remember having a hankering for dystopian/post-apocalyptic RPs, and finding tons of dead sites, ones that covered such a broad geographical area that the whole place felt super fragmented with not much else, or took place so far after the initial world-shattering event that it had almost no bearing on the world any more. It got me thinking and nostalgic for my own long-defunct zombie apocalypse site that took place on a little island, so I took the parts of the site I was working on that were the most well defined, adapted them over, scrapped the rest, and here we are.

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

I started mine because I missed having my own site and just wanted to make one that was fair to everyone since there are so many out there that have a cliquey member base 

I started mine because I really missed roleplaying. It had been a really long time since I had been in a roleplay due to a variety of reasons, so I decided to start my own instead of trying to join one where everyone kind of had "their people." Plus, I wanted to do something that had been on my mind for a long while now. And I wanted to see if I could get some of my old roleplaying partners back, which I was semi-successful with. I also wanted to connect with new people and remembered how great it was to have a community around.

dreamcityrpgsig.png