Why did you make your forum?

Josie

I created Wizarding Wireless Networks because I couldn't find a forum that didn't have some canon-violating content or another that was also allowing for mature themes. I'm sure they exist, but I could not find them in my searches. So I just said "well... I guess I can make one myself" xD

I created Heroes of Thedas because I wanted to play a more expansive Dragon Age RPG.

Most DA RPs I've found are limited to a specific timeline, so I made one that will explore them all. We use date-based threads (i.e. using the Dragon Age calendar system) to do so. This way characters can build out their backstories in-game, if they wish, too.

I'm also just a huge DA lore nerd, so I wanted to build something that explores more of Thedas overall instead of only what we see in the video games. I've added a lot of the lore from other DA resources, including the books/comics and tabletop RPGs too.

Finally, I really wanted to create an RPG that focused on the narrative vs. technical game mechanics. I wanted to create a community specifically for collaborative storytelling vs. DnD-style systems. ❤️

We created Chaotica's Realm so that we could teach some newer roleplayers the ins and outs of roleplaying. It has been rough getting started, but its been fun and totally worth it.

• 4 months later...

Other boards died and there was always a core group of us left. So... we put the board together for ourselves and opened it up for others to join us.

#New bar ad.png

7 hours ago, Karebear said:

Other boards died and there was always a core group of us left. So... we put the board together for ourselves and opened it up for others to join us.

This was vaguely the case for my site, too, albeit I did most of the heavy lifting, and then sprung the idea on the few left. Luckily, they were excited enough to continue on.

The specific genre/fandom I wanted to write also lacked active boards (as in, there is literally none), which also added to my desire to start one.

• Cheers 1

b3.png.ddd374d50d86896978f146d1af65d1a4.png

I started my forum because I wanted to capture what I had back in 2012 with a roleplay that took place in a similar setting to the one I'm using now. It felt so refreshing to be passionate about a setting and work on cool events, and I was quite sad to see it die before its time, and after spending so much time finding a suitable replacement I've come to accept that perhaps the only there is for me is one of my design.

I started mine to breathe life into a concept I'd had with friends on a forum I'd managed years ago. The old site had a good run but we all got sidetracked with real life and it fizzled away into dust.
Fast forward, I joined a forum a few years ago, the staff team were horrible, and it made me think, "I could do better and bring back this old site" and so I did. Totally worth it and am much happier managing my own community with a great team of friendly staffers.

On 10/6/2020 at 5:01 AM, sohvi said:

This was vaguely the case for my site, too, albeit I did most of the heavy lifting, and then sprung the idea on the few left. Luckily, they were excited enough to continue on.

The specific genre/fandom I wanted to write also lacked active boards (as in, there is literally none), which also added to my desire to start one.

Same boat about springing it on the others, lol. And... good for you on taking the initiative.

While not everyone is suited to run a board. It's not always as easy as it sounds but with a good group of staff or at least one person to keep you sane then there is no end to the possibilities.

I snooped and LOVE your board @sohvi. I still actively play. May you walk on warm sands.

#New bar ad.png

The group I help run began on one platform because there wasn't really a Secret Society sort of group out there that we could find or that was active, and it sort of took off from there.  We recently moved to a stand alone platform because we really didn't want to have to deal with others trying to censor our darker themes, and decided to take that onto our own shoulders.  It has been a bit of a transition, but we have found such freedom in doing it this way, as we are also no longer limited by the set up of the previous platform we were on.

All in all, it is very rewarding to have an AU I know is balanced, because we set out to make it so.  And the plots and canons we have are just amazing.  I really love the world, now that it is established and growing still.

Co-Founder|Adminspacer.png - Multiparagraph RPer/freeform writer - Genre Preference - DARK like my heart....Bwahaha

I created my sites because I absolutely love the fandoms they're based on. I like certain characters and wanted to play them.

I started working on my new site as a labor of love for a small indie M/M dystopian series I'm madly in love with. It's a series that I've read over and over because the characters, the dystopian world, the writing is just all absolutely stunning. And I've never met anyone else who has read this series, which is a real shame. So a big part of it is that I'd love for people to go read this series if they like the plot of my site! And also, I wanted to experience more of the world, and RPing is a great way to dig deep into a different setting.

Also I joined a site I'm pretty meh on and wanted to leave with a couple other people who were down to move to my new site..

spacer.png

SITE BUZZ | DISCORD
OPENING 24 OCTOBER

• 1 month later...

I made the two forums I am currently working on now for different reasons. One was the result of me missing my roots. I came from ZA forums and I missed having one that wasn’t just “pandemic” or canon related. So when I was home sick for a week with a head cold since I could no longer work as long as I still had a cough, I started playing around with a skin and made this site. My friends all liked it, so we went ahead with doing it.

The second one I have is actually based off an idea for a book I know I’m never going to write. Cyberpunk/Fantasy kinda vibes. Right now, the site is just sort of a catch all for lore and world building but maybe one day I’ll open it up.

It has been a while now so I have largely forgotten the exact reasons, but mostly out of the desire for a fantasy themed forum as the majority my friend and I joined tended to fall inactive within one to two months of us joining.

KvrAHBW.png

Fodlan Chronicles - A Fire Emblem Based RP Forum
Home | Getting Started | Affiliation Guidelines | Advertisements

Historical is a niche genre.  Both of the sites I staff or have created I created because there was literally nothing out there that I could write on.  

yi1tXyG.jpg

spacer.png

• 4 months later...

I like sites that are just opening up, or have a small user base... and I haven't been able to find any recently that appeal to me. I had an idea for a rp last year, and now that I've finally found the time and energy to write again, I decided to start working on it once more. It was always under the assumption that I may or may not open it, but I actually had fun working on a site again and so... Well, here we are with my first site in over a decade lol.

• Love 1