Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josie

Why did you make your forum?

The prominent reason I set up my own board was that I had grown tired & frustrated of carting characters from site to site, making changes to them to fit various settings and not really making the long term character progression I sought because, in most instances, the boards closed or people I wrote with left for whatever reasons. Add in a touch of sifting through and hoping you come across some interesting writers and characters you can mesh with on yet another new board, the cranky old hag in me needed my own place. The goal was to create an environment of like-minded friends that would remain through highs and lulls where I wasn't at the mercy of admins closing up shop and losing everything. 

So myself and my writing partner created an ideal world for our characters to exist, fleshed out extensive lore, characters and presented the board in a format that feels like an open board without the worry of random people joining who may not fit or we may feel obliged to entertain. We can control the pace and influx of threads and it works on an invite system. Coming this December we celebrate two years, so something must be working.

• Love 2

Basically I wanted a fantasy game that wasn't a pain and a half to get into, didn't have boatloads of lore to maintain, and I didn't have to hold people's hands for. I got tired of correcting people when they broke lore, of new people coming in and breaking immersion, so here, there is no immersion to freaking break anymore. Make your blue haired pirate assassins. Whatever.

• LOL 1

Skybreak

Wuxia Oriental Fantasy

For me,  I'm really passionate about the idea of commonly owned folk-traditions of storytelling. One of our oldest forms of storytelling is oral tradition that belongs, not to an individual, but to the community as a whole. That's a tradition we really no longer have as particiularly present in our current society. Collaborative RP forums, however, are a way of extending that tradition and creating something new with. Especially when it comes to high fantasy that draws so much influence from sagas and mythologies, I wanted to create a board that participated with the tradition of the fantasy genre and interacted with it by acknowledging what came before, but also making something new as part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Aure entuluva! Day shall come again! - The Children of Hurin

I made Without Heroes because I was sick of all the Marvel sites out there not having my favorite canons open, closing in a few months, not allowing X-Men (or X-Men sites not allowing gen Marvel characters), having strict rules, and/or having toxic staff. So I made a site where I could make all my favorite characters in one place, didn't have to worry about it dying, allowed all characters, and had rules to my taste. 

I made Shatterdome because Pacific Rim is amazing and I was really sad that there weren't any sites around for it any more. I love worldbuilding, too, so I wanted to mess around with lore, and make my own Jaegers. And I'd never hit up someone else's board with "hi, let me extensively change your lore and setting". Hopefully any site would kick me if I ever tried that lmao 

affiliate_text.pngbtl.jpg spacer.png

I inherited The Draft when the original owner poofed and the two OG admins promoted me and stepped down. 

It exists on jcink now because it was originally self-hosted on IPS and not only had the original owner's IPS license lapsed, but their hosting bill was coming due soon and we knew we'd lose everything when that bill went unpaid, so we moved everything we could over. Also there were necessary things that staff needed to have access to that were locked behind admin permissions for whatever reason.

Now I have it set up so that even if I were to disappear or leave the site could keep running because everything the staff needs to run the board is accessible to them.

pfZKNf.png

Working on my current site because we searched high and low for something. Joined a couple sites. Some better than others. Then realized we just don’t like being censored and tied down so we are making our own site based on a plethora of ideas we’ve been sitting on for months now. Just exploding with ideas. It’s fun though. I’m having a blast building it. 

if you can’t find it then build it. 

• Love 1

Reality is an illusion. 

WAB-SKINNYBAN.png