Worst thing YOU have done

txernest

So we have a lot of topics to complain about other people, but what's the worst thing that YOU (yes, YOU) have done in your rp adventures?

It could be something you regret, something you don't regret at all but know was terrible, something that was just a product of your immaturity, etc. Just, what have you done that you just know other people have complained about?

(Friendly reminder that you can post anonymously using a button below the post box, if needed.)

For myself, I can be super vindictive at times. I have people blocked on my forum that have never been there because of things that they've done on other forums I've been on (they have to be a certain degree of terrible for this to be a thing, of course).

Also, once I was banned from a forum (I called out one of the admins for only plotting with her bff and stealing plots - as in someone would approach her with a plot and she'd take it and use it only slightly changed with said bff - and she didn't like it much) and for a while I basically kept them from affiliating with anyone I even remotely knew. I don't do this anymore, but me and the friends that were on the site (I might've stolen a good portion of their better members when I left?) call it the VoldeSite and when someone asks what we're talking about we totally tell them. (The thing that still irritates me about the whole mess is that the bff plays three canons that he is god-awful at... siiiiiiiigh.)

• I read this! 3

Find me on:

Mortal Ends   x5d17s.jpg
{Erin}   {Little Bird}

I've played a hand in sites dying. Not intentionally, of course, but it does happen. I make friends pretty easily, I think! And so sometimes it's happened that when I leave a site, the friends I have made leave with me. I don't expect them to and never ask them to, but it's happened. That's not so bad.

But what might be bad is me going and making a site in the same genre with all the people who left. xD

• I read this! 3

I've thought of something else!

I once joined a site, and basically in my first real thread on the site (which I joined without being invited, but every thread on that forum was considered open so no asking was necessary anyway) I killed another character. And then I didn't really post there again LOL.

• I read this! 2
  • LOL 1

I.... deleted a whole category of items in the shop once. I didn't even delete them individually. I clicked on the wrong thing after saving - hit back forgot to refresh to get the 'current' list and uh... yeh

• I read this! 1
adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

Same lines as txernest, I have three people on the ban list of any and all forums I make, a good five years after the event. They were all super disruptive, argumentative, and just plain annoyed the shit out of me, so they're never getting another chance.

Back in the early days, I was one of 'those' guests who expected everything, and if it wasn't provided threw a tantrum and left.

And then for a while I was one of 'those' admins, who made sites, and moved on a month later without warning to create something new and shiny.

And I guess the worst thing I've done recently is shit talk bad apps. In private mind you, but still, probably shouldn't. :P

• I read this! 3

I play a little rough with newbies. I'll find one that I think can handle some tough joking (sometimes because they're doing it to others), and I'll just be kinda bullying, but I intend it to be a joke. I've had more than a few I've misjudged their ability to take it and they've left because of me.

It's been a while since I've last done it. Once I realized that's what was happening, I've tried to keep it in check.

As for banning people before they even apply to your game? Nothing bad about that. I've had a couple people who I will never willingly be involved in rp with again. They are banned from my site, no negotiations. As staff, we're supposed to curate the experience for our players. We can't do that if someone is on the site that we find disruptive, even if it's not because of what they're currently doing but because of what they've done before.

• I read this! 6

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

There was a time, if I took a disliking to a character, I'd let my character be rude to them a lot. Sometimes, it extended to also disliking the writer, especially if the character was 'evil' or I considered it a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu. I ended up muting the accounts because they annoyed me. I eventually unfollowed them. I've blocked accounts on twitter if I think they're being run by a writer who caused me trouble in the past. I regret that it sometimes because they might not be run by the writer I think it is, but I don't want to take the chance that they are the person I thought they were. (I always check the profile if I don't like the look of a character and if I see rudeness, bullying or lots of complaining about people not talking to them then I mute and don't follow - sort of soft block 'em.)

I've sometimes god-modded people who sent a rude tweet, as a way of telling them that it wasn't on, and sometimes told people off if they jumped in on a thread they weren't intended to be a part of. I don't mind people doing that sometimes and I'm tolerant if what they say isn't rude because new comers sometimes have a problem with thinking they can jump in on threads.

To avoid my character being rude to characters I don't like, I now don't follow them if I don't like their backstory, if I don't like how the writer rps, etc, and I avoid following accounts which appear to have certain political agendas (that is usually one of the biggest sources of trouble I've found.)

I've not blocked any of those folks from the forum but it's only because I don't have their ip address. (I sometimes wish you could block people on twitter via that method, because I've known some people to have 40 or more accounts.)

Yep, you do have problems from people but you have to remember that there are times when you aren't completely innocent, either and all you can to is limit the problems you can cause and I think sometimes that's one of the reasons why I've stopped rping with writers I don't like. You can get into a cycle of fighting with them and you lose track of who's fault it is and some of it is yours.

Anonymous poster hash: 4d974...722

I've brought down guilds. Mostly by accident, but there have been times when I've actively tried to destroy them. 

Not a thing I do anymore, but totally a thing I've done in the past.

Guest Archaic Cyborg

I certainly did terrible, wtf things in the past- back when I was impulsive and stupid! These days, nothing 'greater' than booting and banning an applicant who clearly isn't the right fit, is being clingy/whiny, and won't leave. Once a year, if even that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

I'm rash and judgemental. If you don't vibe with me it tends to not be a well off thing for any party.

• Preach it! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Wow, talk about getting honest. This is a tough one.

My recent ones would have to be baiting / allowing myself to be baited in a sort of a war with another person. I still have the urge to make a jab sometimes because I love nothing more than to get the last word in. Sometimes it's a losing battle.

I've let loose on my friends, in a moment of heat and from feeling harassed, for keeping their links to the person I broke things off with. Have since apologized to them for doing that and still feel bad about it.

I have ignored players for days and weeks at times when I've just needed to hermit, though I knew I could have simply said hey, I'm going radio silence for a bit. 

Definitely pre-banned people before I even opened my site because they're just not the kind of people I want around my players and those stories. I know what they will do and what kind of attitude they'll bring in, making people wary and tired. No second or third chances, and the problem with this, even if it might be a good thing to do, is how it might reflect on people who do this.

There are better ways I could have handled many situations, but my rashness will push me to an immediate decision of how to handle something. I've not yet been entirely wrong about the why of something I'd do, but definitely have been wrong about how to deal with it.

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

Buddy oh pal, I let loose on a RPer once in a very personal and angry way. They were being total dicks to a friend I have had for years in the RP world and while she was in the hospital with her daughter they were going behind her back and just making ruin of her site. Like....you would think I'm being dramatic, but no they were making fun of her in the cbox--in HER cbox, talking trash about her on the RPG-D, and I mean just being total total total jerks.

And if there is one thing anyone ever learns about me is that my friends are family. I knew this person had a mental and I *think* physical handicap but I wasn't sure. If I could have flown across the world to face off with her I would have. And that makes me feel like a turd.

Childish I know, and though I do regret the words I used. I will never regret sticking up for my friends--ever. However, that being said...I'm normally very aware of mental illness and try to stop at that.

I have always stood up for the underdog, even growing up, but sometimes the best way to handle that is to just be supportive of your friends and remain silent.

But....they left her alone. 

• Preach it! 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be so much worse about things - petty, vindictive, held grudges forever. And I admit I still kinda fail on that last bit as there's this particular group out there I had trouble with a couple years back. 

Still have the urge to shit talk them in confessions on occasion if I see them on resource sites but learning to ignore those urges and move on. They're not worth my time.

I am, however, guilty of bitching about things that aggravate me in private when I really shouldn't. Trying not to do that anymore as my new years resolution, but if someone's being particularly obtuse on my site/isn't acting like they should/does anything that irritates me...yeah I slip and let the salt fly to friends. WORKING ON THIS BUT GOD IT'S DIFFICULT. LOL 

On 1/6/2017 at 6:13 PM, winterphoenix27 said:

I am, however, guilty of bitching about things that aggravate me in private when I really shouldn't. Trying not to do that anymore as my new years resolution, but if someone's being particularly obtuse on my site/isn't acting like they should/does anything that irritates me...yeah I slip and let the salt fly to friends. WORKING ON THIS BUT GOD IT'S DIFFICULT. LOL 

I think, in moderation, this is okay. When someone's application is so far out there or someone does something completely ridiculous, I find myself venting to another admin. Doing it all the time...ehh, then it gets a little annoying. I knew someone that bitched to me about everything they didn't like and it drove me up a wall. But every now and then it's healthy to vent :)

I had a hand in killing a site and defaming the head admin years ago. But in my defense, she was caught bullying and maliciously targeting one of our members for no other reason than she didn't really care for her. The member was such a nice girl and just wanted to be a part of the plot lines, but the head admin went out of her way to exclude her. No one thought that was a good enough reason to bully anyone, so really she did it to herself. Thankfully I'm not nearly as petty now as I was then, but being a bully is unacceptable.

I put a member on public blast one time after getting tired of hearing "Oh woe I have nothing to do, nowhere to post that's why I haven't been active (while holding up major plots at the same time ironically enough)". To this day I feel completely justified in doing so, but maybe should have tried to handle the situation in a nicer manner such as attempting to troubleshoot through PM first. At the time, I chose to be direct and public because I didn't want to give the member the chance to backpedal, deny, or otherwise lie about the conversation. 3-4-5 years later and she still won't join any site she finds me on. Especially if I'm head admin or staff.

I consider myself to be a fair admin, and painstakingly make sure the rules apply to everyone equally. However, I am not a kind admin when it comes to people's "fuckery".

Edited by CovertSphinx
  • I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg