Josie

A wee Mass Effect RP! (Minor Spoilers)

I noticed there's quite a few fans of Mass Effect here! Are there any people who might be interested in doing a wee little Mass Effect RP on The Initiative? I've had a plot for it in mind that I've wanted to try forever. In bullet points, here's the basics:

• Takes place between ME1 and 2, after Shepherd has died.
  • Human colonies begin going missing.
  • One colony or part of a colony (Elysium, perhaps?) decides that they're not going to be next!
  • Cue the residents of all different backgrounds and skills trying to learn what's going on and prepare for it. (That'd be our characters, yo.)
  • Eventual Collector attack!
  • Like 3

Awards

I'll let this sit until Friday and see if anyone else is interested.

Until then, it might be a good idea to have a little talk about what characters we'd like to play!

I don't have any characters for Mass Effect lined up as I've never done a Mass Effect RP before, but it would probably be a good idea if at least one of our characters was familiar with another. In order for things to work out as planned we'll need at least one character who can teach some skills, but it might do well to have two- perhaps a biotic and someone more weapon-oriented? I wouldn't mind playing one of them, if someone else wanted to pick up the other?

• Like 1

Awards

that sounds good!

I'm thinking I might make a character with some weapon experience. She'll be a former soldier who retired after her leg was badly damaged, and because the place where she was stationed didn't have the best medical equipment they didn't manage to repair the damage completely, and she now walks with a bad limp. Not sure what she's currently doing though, if she has a job or is living of her savings or whatever.

If anyone wants to have some sort of connection to my character I'm up for it ^^ 

Awards

I'm interested also.  I don't have any concrete ideas for a character yet (perhaps an Asari that's gone out to wander the universe and ended up there somehow?) but I'd be down for it. Though before I get into deciding what even race to play, are there any we aren't allowed to play (aside from Collector/Reaper and Protheon for obvious reasons) ?

• Like 1

Sure, I'll join in.

An immediate character idea that comes to mind is a batarian merchant who becomes stranded on this colony world. A gunrunner! He'll be very stingy with his supplies and try to shake the colonists down if they hope to arm themselves with his wares. He's even got some exotic stuff that might, gasp, be effective against the Collectors! 

(Or they might do nothing. Who really knows?) 

His value to the colony would of course be his preexisting wares but also his prowess with using said weaponry and his ability to tinker. He would be the go-to guy for mods. The racial tension between him and everyone else would be a conflict point for both him and the others. 

• Like 2

Awards

5 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I loved the ME games and would totally join something like this, as long as the app wasn't too daunting. I get writer's block with long apps.

This isn't for a forum, it's an RP taking place here on The Initiative. Regardless, I don't do applications.

8 hours ago, VirusZero said:

I'm interested also.  I don't have any concrete ideas for a character yet (perhaps an Asari that's gone out to wander the universe and ended up there somehow?) but I'd be down for it. Though before I get into deciding what even race to play, are there any we aren't allowed to play (aside from Collector/Reaper and Protheon for obvious reasons) ?

I place no limits on this sort of thing! Just know that if you want to play a yahg or something, people will likely react with the appropriate amount of terror and want to kill it. xD

@Syn, love the idea! Batarians are the bomb diggity.

@Freya - I'd love to have a history with your character!

• Like 3

Awards

I'm sorry for the delay in this, fellas! Last few weeks of school have been super busy for me, but I'll get on replying to this today. In the future, I'll be writing a post at least once a week to move things along.

Awards