Have you ever voice chatted with other RPers?

Josie

Have you ever voice chatted with your role play partners?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of my best friends are people I met via rp. I've met several of them, gone on trips, and planning future vacations together. It's pretty great.

Mostly we just text each other because of our schedules but I'm still in touch with some people I wrote with over ten years ago. Wow, I'm dating myself :X

Edited by TMTC
Added more of a response.
  • I read this! 1

q6omUI8.gif
Wanted & Canons

I didn't know how to answer this poll because I'm in a weird position:

I've heard their voices, but they haven't heard mine. :P

We used to  get everyone into tinychat and we'd turn our cameras on and talk with each other.  Except that I don't go by any gender when I'm online, and I'm clearly a gender IRL, so I'd wear a costume for the camera and turn off the microphone (because there was too much background noise on my end with people coming and going).

That sounds really creepy now that I type it out.  But pretend it wasn't.

So we all had fun like this.  Some people opted not to turn on their cameras and just used their microphones.  Others opted to just use the text chat and nothing else.  It was whatever floated everybody's boat.  Things changed, and we stopped doing it after awhile.  I wouldn't be against doing it again, but it's hard to be like, "Hey everyone, get on camera/microphone even though I'm not willing to do the same without wearing a mask."

• I read this! 2

WoL___dark01.png

• 1 month later...

I used to be really into voice chat. Like on my last site I did a lot of it on Skype like I'm sure most people or have a group chat. That was years ago though and now I don't voice chat with any player unless I know them in real life. I do this because the last chat had a lot of drama in it that really made me dislike even having Skype, I even gave mine up for 3 or so years because of it. When people ask me I say no, it keeps me sane.

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

I have two role play partners I have known for 8 years. We voice chat often, since we've known each other so long. I've actually visited one of them IRL twice now.

• 3 weeks later...

Voice chat is super uncomfortable for me, so |D

• I read this! 1

yjHUyz0.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I do this all the time, have done for years. We have a channel for site chats and then we have various group things. The most often for me is my tabletop group who are all forum members too. We have a regular Friday group and then a couple mid week. It's soooo much fun! RPing via voice, haha! Wicked cool.

[Image: 596681d458799_NewLogo.png.581b0fb709d0e4...420b58.png]

An established, non canon, Dragon Age RP
coupleofkooks

Not voice chat exactly, but I've talked to a few friends I've met through RP on the phone before. I imagine voice chat would be equally fun.

• I read this! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! I skyped once with fellow roleplayers from other countries and then lol we had a bit of an accent contest. I (American Southern) tied with the guy from Scotland, while a Canadian judged. Fun times meeting others from all over.

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

I voice chat with a couple of my fellow staff members and a couple of members that I am close to. I enjoy it for the most part. Though this is a newer thing for me. I was once invited to a group voice chat on my first site and it was weird because I literally had just started role playing and before that, Had only used the internet for Facebook and email. 

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

• 1 month later...

I voice chat with staff for staff things. Sometimes I'll host random watch parties or play games with them - I have a few Steam games that only one person needs to own but anyone can join in on the fun (aside from the usual Cards Against Humanity one).

I enjoy voice chatting with random people, so long as I know them first a little bit. Otherwise, I feel very awkward until I get to know them better.

Mythic Frontier, a Weird and Wild Western RPG

A blend of Cthulhu Horror, Supernatural and the Wild Wild West.
Join the Discord!
mythicbtn.gif 

Other Interesting Sites:
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFOjc0AH.

Want your Discord chat in embedded on your site? I am a developer on TitanEmbeds.
Please feel free to PM/Discord me if you need assistance!
Addy#5522

I first started doing so on a sci fi site I was on. That is what first got me hooked to discord, which was good because I would later use it for talking to my Free Company in FFXIV. For me, it was just another way to connect with others I really enjoyed writing with. I actually later ended up meeting two of them at a Con, several months later. I honestly enjoy talking with others on voice, but sometimes it can get distracting, but none the less fun.

• 1 month later...

I've actually gone from Voice Chat to straight out Video Gaming with some of my RP friends. This happened because I one day bought my own Xbox360, back when it was the most active thing around. I didn't have a mic at the time so I was always joked at until I finally ended up splurging for a mouth piece. XD

I got really into RP on WoW and voice chat was pretty much the norm while shenanigans were going down, but it was always awkward for me. It was like "trying to write what are words oh I should listen to what they're saying wait what was I writing?" So it's something I tend not to do while actively RPing so much anymore. But I always liked just chatting while doing game things. Well, I say chatting, but I'm more the sort that sits quietly and listens to others talk while doing my own thing, then pipe up and the rest of the channel's like "holy shit I didn't know you were still here!"

But my tabletop game night is done over discord, because the other players live all across Canada and I'm in New Mexico, and that's a lot of fun <3 And when I play FFXIV with a friend, we often get on voice, just because it's hard to type while pushing buttons, and I'm not exactly looking at my chat log. I seldom voice chat just to voice chat, but I probably would if someone asked.

There's something for me that seems more real about a voice than text...? Iono. So if I become buddies with someone or we start playing a game together then I'll open a voice chat. (I usually only do group voice chats, but mostly its because I don't like talking to most people 1x1 in any audio-only situation)

tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

Gonna be real, I think this is the doomed live of an introvert like myself. Its so easy to talk and chat behind a computer screen with text. But when it comes to being verbal, I never have anything to say or it even becomes difficult to start conversations. This is why I love RPGs, we can meet and chat for a long time then when someone finally comes out of the closet, we all get down to the more personal voice chat sessions.

• I read this! 1