What other language would you want to RP in?

Josie

What other language would you want to try RPing in? Imagine you knew the language in question well enough to use it (if you don't already). 

I'd love to RP in Swedish- but because I don't speak it perfectly. It'd be good practice for me and a way to get better.

Writing in French or German would be fun, too! I don't have any buddies who speak French (that I know of), but I have a few German friends I could play with...

• I read this! 2

My favorite languages are Gaelic and German, but I have come to like Italian as well.  Were I a native European, or, just fluent in those tongues, I would surely pen them.

Edited by Jacob
  • I read this! 1

I would like to try French or Spanish because I am losing them for lack of practice.

• I read this! 3

It'd be fun to get to write in Norwegian as that's my mother tongue, but writing in spanish would be cool too. I'm starting to get rusty.

• I read this! 3

sig.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

French, Russian or German as weird as that sounds. >_>

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 1 year later...

I’ve tried Spanish. 

I was not good at it. 

Reality is an illusion. 

I keep trying to teach myself German and failing at the self discipline to actually do it.

But I bet if I had to figure out how to make a character/further a plot in it I'd suddenly be able to get it done.

• Operations Mod

I'd opt for Russian if I had to pick just one, mainly because the novel franchise that's built off my favorite RP universe now has 65 books plus 2 other spin off series created in different Russian cities under the same premise - but only 3 of the total works have English translations. 

Beyond that probably Spanish or Swahili.

• Like 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Chinese, since that's my mother tongue. 

• Like 1

My first language is Spanish, but I much rather just stick to English since I find it easier grammar and spelling wise.

903463525_fish-bottlecopy.png.a7f351980f4f165fa67d95fe6297fae5.png

I'd like to try rplaying in French all over again. It's where I began playing for real, on French language forums, and in the end, there are differences that makes for challenges. I must have spent half my rp career having to translate in French what cool things American characters were supposed to say 😛

oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

Russian, only because I have heard stories from a Russian RP pal about these outlandish over-the-top Russian RP sites.

One of his characters got into a contest with another. The other dude shot some beer bottles off a bar. So my friend had his own character one up it by throwing a beer bottle in the air and shooting it. Then the other guy one ups him again by throwing a shard of glass and shaving the side of my friend's character's face with the precision throw. Lol.

But otherwise, it would be helpful to know another language so you could do character dialogue in that language. Far better than Google translate which probably gets it wrong.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spanish! I can write decently in Spanish, though I'm super rusty. It'd be a cool way to develop my skills.

• Love 1

soteadvert(1).png.4ef5e4df94405914a2b988b8ea3cde3a.png