Times RP made you cry

Josie

When is the last time RP made you cry?

Off the top of my head, I believe the last time was when one of my characters who is typically classified as an asshole without a cause actually showed that he is more than just an asshole without a cause. For months he's been watching his fellow men die needlessly, has been drowning in his own frustrations and the frustrations of others. He gets sent on a wild goose chase, and at the end of it when he finds that it was all for nothing he just broke down and cried.

Which was bad enough, but worse was the fact that @SusieQ's sweetie character thought he was wounded, and just tried to help him- it's his job, as a healer after all. But my character didn't want help, and it soon became apparent to Susie's character that the kind of hurt my character was wasn't the sort that could be healed with magic. He became worried instead about him, because they both knew if Susie's character left mine alone, my character was going to go do something he couldn't come back from.

Susie's character failed.

And mine isn't coming back.

• I read this! 1

^this. 

Definitely this. I think the last time I cried before that in an rp was writing with @Syn. He plays my characters father who, after kicking his son out for not following the careers he wanted him to, came to find him in the far reaches of space. 

He was basically begging my character to come home, and even held a gun to his chest. My character so desperately wanted to go home but due to events that had happened in between, simply felt he couldnt. he'd killed people and become a monster, done some pretty nasty things. 

He desperately wanted to die, but his father never pulled the trigger. It was a past thread and it was even worse because the characters haven't seen each other since. 

Bloody tragic. 

• I read this! 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the last time I truly cried was at a scene one of my longest friends and I were writing. It was between her character Janice and mine Jean-Luc. It was his saying good-bye to her, his almost daughter. She was marrying a man he could not stand and that just killed him. 

• I read this! 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• 2 weeks later...

So my most recent is in a past thread with mine and my partner's character. In their time period, them being together was very much taboo(men with men), but they've started something together anyway, knowing the risks and not caring. My character, on the run from people who were trying to kill him and turned the entire city against him, knew the only safe place he could go to would be his lover's workshop. 

Cue emotional bonding over my character showing up, as he'd been assumed dead in this city-wide incident, and both of them knowing that they were about to have to be parted when my character takes his mother and sister away for their safety. Friggin tearjerker despite knowing they'll be reunited later. Just gah. 

• I read this! 3

3 hours ago, winterphoenix27 said:

So my most recent is in a past thread with mine and my partner's character. In their time period, them being together was very much taboo(men with men), but they've started something together anyway, knowing the risks and not caring. My character, on the run from people who were trying to kill him and turned the entire city against him, knew the only safe place he could go to would be his lover's workshop. 

Cue emotional bonding over my character showing up, as he'd been assumed dead in this city-wide incident, and both of them knowing that they were about to have to be parted when my character takes his mother and sister away for their safety. Friggin tearjerker despite knowing they'll be reunited later. Just gah. 

This sounds amazing and I would looooooove to read it!!

• I read this! 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

Watching my character get her heart broken.  Her first love did not love her back....at least...he never would say he did.

• I read this! 1

• 1 month later...

When one of my characters who was abused by her mother finally found an escape route. She was one of my favourite characters because she was such a tortured little beauty. You had to love her because no-one else would(!). So she escaped but she was so damaged that she lashed out, trying to provoke a reaction from her new boyfriend - who promised to help her and lover her unconditionally etc, - and he threw her to the side for it.

I remember being so attatched to my little Chloe that her heartbreak was my heartbreak. Me and my rp partner for that chose not to talk about that scene :L Like, everyone cried at it. It was awful and beautiful and just gah! Such amazing writing haha.

• I read this! 1

YES, MORE TEARS! BRING ME ALL OF THEM!

More recently, a child character who is very attached to an adult and aspires to be like said adult realized that the adult is perhaps not someone the kid actually wants to be like anymore. Very sad.

I have been out of the role-playing pastime for the last four years, but I do possess a usually sharp memory.  The last character I played was Isabelle ('Belle') from A Christmas Carol (2009).  Charles Dickens did not pen much about her in his titular novella, so I got the privilege to.  Researching an authentic background unto itself left me teary-eyed--English workhouses and such.  Writing Isabelle immediately where her application stopped was a progressive timeline:  an alone and mistreated nineteen-year-old forced to adapt to our day and age.

Edited by Jacob
  • I read this! 2

• 2 weeks later...

My character's partner wrote them a very heartfelt letter. They've been going through an awful rough patch, and it made me bawl to see how the other character was feeling as a result of it.

• I read this! 1

• 2 months later...

Having to kill off my smelly old hermit known only as Rat. Because the random number gods demanded it. What made it sad was he finally revealed the cause of his becoming a hermit, that he'd lost everything. He was also close to a shelter when he lay down in the snow and died. I was very sad. He also died alone. So far no one has found his corpse. 

adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

• 2 weeks later...

My saddest was when I killed off my character's father. They had been estranged for a little over a year due to some serious family issues when he died in a duel with a dark wizard to protect her and she had to watch the light leave his eyes. To this day she's messed up from it, very sad.

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

• 1 month later...

I've had a few instances when my character literally takes over my head and the words flow and they get emotional and next thing I know I realise there are tears on the keyboard. 

I did a miscarriage plot with one character... and then he started taking drugs to numb the pain... the part where he took over my head was in the hospital after he O.Ded and he and his wife had a proper conversation for the first time in over a year. 

Then there was time time I was playing Malia Tate, and the sites Stiles told her she was worse than Peter, I felt like absolute shit after writing that one. 

There's one character I have who watched his sister die... he was a wreck and so was I...

Basically... I'm just absolutely HORRIBLE to my characters, and sometimes in return they take over my brain and make me cry with them...

Find Another Way

Teen Wolf, 18+, 10 Years Later, Canons and Originals welcome!

• 10 months later...

This was maybe four years ago? I don't remember the tiny details. What I do remember is it was a wolf site that I'd been playing on long enough to love some of the characters. One was a cute little cream puff who was kidnapped and tortured for someone's amusement. He was one of the top cinnamon rolls on site, naive to the point of cuteness. So he escapes capture, stumbles into a group thread and accidentally gets in the middle of a fight at which point he's wounded very badly. He sees the blood and his precious mind translates it to "Rose petals" before he passes out.

So I freaked out. I didn't want him to die, but that player refused to determine whether it'd be permanent. Little cinnamon roll cream puff didn't die, but that player is still a jerk. >.>