New Years Resolutions

Morrigan

• Admin

So something that people try to do every year, not everyone succeeds, but they set goals for themselves for the new year! I figured we could share our goals with one another here!

For me it is to attempt to get back down to my goal size 9not weight because weight is not the biggest factor for me it's the size of my waist) and to complete my Comicon gear. This year I'm going as Furiosa with my kids as a wife and a War Boy.

Additionally, I'm going to try to spend less time on the computer and commit to trying to go outside for no reason other than to be outside at least once a week (other than going to and from work).

So tell me yours!

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

My first resolution probably sounds a tad selfish, but I plan on putting myself first more often.  Some of the people I care about are rather quick to take advantage of my generosity and all too often I burn myself out trying to keep them all happy.  I need to learn it's okay to say no sometimes.

I also aspire to take better care of myself and be more body positive.  To do so, I need to accept that (partly due to the medication I'm on) my weight will likely always fluctuate.  I've been underweight and I've been overweight and I've often been at that happy medium.  Yet, no matter what the scales say, I've always felt 'fat'.  I need to remember I am not defined by how much I weigh and, although my body shape may change, I am still me.  The people with the gall to make rude and unnecessary remarks - veiled or unveiled - will find me reminding them that my weight is none of their business .

Apart from that, I hope to have more adventures.  Whether it's driving down new roads or sneaky weekends away with my husband and our fur baby. ~

Edited by Ulmo
  • I read this! 2

aff.png affiliate.png

Ever wanted to explore Middle-earth?  Check out these wanted canons.

What about Attack on Titan?  Go here!

I'm going to try to read a book a week for a total of 52 books a year.

I'm also going to have to try to have at least a grand in savings so I have some sort of fall back.

For those trying to build new habits/dedicate a portion f their day/week to something, I suggest Habitica. It's helped me do everything from remember to take meds every day to being able to check off to do accomplishes.

Edited by Rune
  • I read this! 3

• Admin

@Ulmo You are beautiful no matter what!

@Rune OMG WE NEED AN The Initiative GROUP!

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I want to spend more time with my mother (and behave/ have patience with her) and to write more. To publish two new books. Also, to network more in the literary realm.

• I read this! 2

I'm looking forward to spending more time with my husband and less of it behind screens. This is the year that I continue to fall back in love with life!

• I read this! 2

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

I want to try to read less books..I have a problem.

• I read this! 2