Unique features in roleplays

xexes

What are some special features or unique concepts that you have seen in a roleplay?
Maybe you thought it was neat, maybe you tried it and loved it, maybe it just made an impression, or maybe that you still remember as 'wow!' ?

--

I'll start!

Personalized comfort zones

A site I played on once had a form that every player filled out asking a little bit about yourself, but what it was really after was to help you convey if you had any areas that you would be uncomfortable roleplaying with, as well as spots to list triggers and the like. Some people did list triggers, but I just remember the gentle air of kindness that these had.

Writing challenges

One site would find an inspirational picture and let people post stories about it, whether it involved their characters or original ones. Another site (the one above), had a list of questions/themes that you could pick out and the goal was to write one each day for 30 days. On days that the site was slow, this was great to do, and watching others draw near to completing their challenges was always inspiring. It also helped on days when you just didn't feel like roleplaying, getting the inspiration to write up and running in your blood.

• I read this! 3

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

• Admin

On the only site I'm currently on I love having my own forum where I can post whatever I want. I can post stories, inspirations for characters, character graphics, my plotter, thread trackers etc. The awesome part is that it's all for me so I'm not having to keep track of my threads by them possibly getting lost in other peoples plotters and whatnot. It's something I'll be implementing on my Sci-Fi site if I ever finish it.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Bloopers

I forgot about this one! My spouse's site has a bloopers section, where you can post your character doing things like America's Funniest Home Videos (they play "fails" compilations). Sometimes you have a plot and you think of something funnier and just can't give the funny idea justice, so this is perfect for that. It's a great idea, it's just rarely used. : (

• Agree 1
  • Great Idea 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

On the old anime based site I ran, we had a Gossip Magazine based on in-character events in the RP. We all had a lot of fun with it.

• I read this! 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 1 month later...

One of our chat rooms is a maid cafe, and we feature different events on different nights. A poetry slam, posting recordings of members playing guitar or piano, karaoke, and comedy night. It helps with days that are slow or for people to just come in and unwind a little together. Since we have people across the globe, these are times they can all interact and forget about being so far apart

• I read this! 1

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I did on one of my sites was turn threads into mad libs. I would summarize the thread (and since some of them came to be literally 100s of pages long, they could be very long summaries xD), and then give people the list of nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. I needed (without showing the summary, of course, or the thread it was summarizing). They were very funny, but sometimes hard to get people to participate in. We had a reoccurring theme of parrots being involved in all of them.

• I read this! 1

Oh, another thing was I wrote a fanfic for a forum to set up its backstory while I was working on completing the site. You didn't HAVE to read the fanfic to know what the backstory and setting was, it was just something to keep folks interested in the RP while it was being built.

• I read this! 2