What software is this?

Ryan Hawley

Hello! So umm, I have been looking all over and no one can help me with this, but maybe you can. I am looking around to see if anyone knows what software Roleplayers Guild uses. I will attach some screenshots to this as well. It is KILLING me! I must know! Or if it is custom, you can tell me that too. If you need any more questions or info, please let me know.

dead0f6c7c8df5feb0581d1088dcc3d3.pngd3625afe8e7c839055166295a700461d.pngdd2a5a68b27c49a57c845068e20fe7f4.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

@Ryan Hawley Can you provide a link to the site? The site I found is white not dark blue.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Admin

Okay, then after looking through the code it's custom built. @Ryan Hawley

It's possible to be a script like Oxwall or Elgg.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Is Oxwall or Elgg worth looking into @Morrigan? For roleplaying of course. I was looking into forum software but that is just what everyone is doing and I want something different.

• Admin

Really it all depends on what you are going for really. I'll be honest. I would never play on a site like roleplayers guild but I am sure that there are plenty of people that enjoy it. It's the same as why I won't do google docs etc, just not my preference.

Forums are pretty standard for casual play by post roleplayers as it gives them a means to post and not have to be online all the time. @Ryan Hawley

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Thank you @Morrigan, one last thing. Out of the softaculus installer, which would be your goto software? For example, Mybb, PhPBB, SMF

• Admin

I'll be honest I have no personal preference. I only build on IPS personally. I've found there are more resources for MyBB and SMF. I'd say MyBB has a bit more traction as of late due to Icyboards. @Ryan Hawley

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

@MorriganI would use IPS if it wasn't so damn expensive. I mean $200 is a bit steep, and is it per annual renewal or is it permanent? I know that Xenforo is annual 

• Admin

Depends really on whether you want support or not. You don't have to renew if you don't want. Price always depends on what products you have. Here on RPGI we have all of the products and our 6 month renewal is 105 dollars. However if you just have the forums it's 25 dollars every six months. That keeps you up to date with updates as well as their tech support.

IPS isn't for everyone but it's all I work on as far as administrating forums personally. @Ryan Hawley

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

@MorriganWell I love the look and feel of it from a member standpoint. Hmm, I will just have to save the $200 for the IPS core+Forums. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it!

• Love 1