[Solved] Finding A Site Without A Link?

AgelessApple

I was checking my First Links boards and I have an advert which has stretched my forum, to the point where I can't click the edit button because their ad is enormous, and they also have not left a link on my board.

Any ideas of how I find this mysterious site? I must admit if they're creating hype I'm impressed! I'd like to find them so I can let the staff know about the issue, but obviously, I'm having trouble. I've tried google and viewing the page source in case they are hosting the image themselves, both have come up fruitless.

EDIT

Totally in the wrong board and now I feel like such a noob, sorry! (if anyone would like to move this thread I will love them forever)

Edited by AgelessApple
Noobishness

signature.gif
No Application // No Word Count // No Activity Checks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Can you provide a link to the ad on your site? @AgelessApple

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

No need, I searched all the directories and found the one post in the universe belonging to the admin and shot them a PM explaining the issue, hopefully I'll see them again on my site and their ad wont stretch out my site next time ;)

• I read this! 2

signature.gif

You can also zoom out (Control and the mouse wheel) or google Sitename + Host and see if that turns up anything. I've had to do it a time or two when they don't actually have links/have the wrong thing linked. For the future!

Edited by Rune
  • Agree 1

• Admin

I would also suggest to "inspect element" in Chrome or Firefox. It will show you the code but give you more details. You can also temporarily delete the element and be able to see more of your screen.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

7 hours ago, Rune said:

You can also zoom out (Control and the mouse wheel) or google Sitename + Host and see if that turns up anything. I've had to do it a time or two when they don't actually have links/have the wrong thing linked. For the future!

I tried both of those, I think because the site is so new it wasn't showing up, can't explain why zooming wouldn't work though!

signature.gif

*awkward laughter*

This.... may have been me. And I apologise >< I'm hoping attempt two was much better.

• I read this! 1

3 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

While I have you here on this subject, you might want to look into fixing the affs button for your site. You posted an aff request on one of my sites and while it DOES show up, it looks broken.

Broken how? I may have posted one with "//" missing, but I editted that. Is that what you mean? ><

Edit: Oh lord. I see it. But I have no idea how that's happened O_O

Edited by Lirschen

• Admin

@Lirschen 88x31

@AgelessApple you may have text zoom only enabled (I know I do because I hate to see images get all pixelly) You'd have to turn it off temporarily for that in the future.

• I read this! 1
  • Thank you 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png